University of New Mexico (UNM) Albuquerque Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fees & Scholarships
Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico in the United States, the University of New Mexico or UNM is a public research university and the flagship institution of New Mexico. Sitting in the heart of Albuquerque which is a metropolitan area of more than 500,000 people, this reputed institute is a renowned name in the US Education System that was founded in 1889 with a mission of providing students the values needed to produce enlightened citizens.
The university enrolls nearly 25,000 candidates, about 1,500 of which are represented by international students from across the globe which makes nealy 6% of the total student population. It observes a student to faculty ratio of 17:1 and thus ensures maximum individual classroom attention for all its applicants.
Admissions at University of New Mexico opens its gates for enrollment in the 3 intakes sof Fall, Summer and Spring. All the applicants must deposit a non refundable application fee of 50 USD when applying at the institute for studying in the USA. The university is a moderately selective institute of the country with an acceptance rate of 67%.
The University of New Mexico is ranked
- 218th in the list of National Universities in 2020 by U.S. News and World Report
- 301-350 by Times Higher Education 2020 World University rankings
- 601-650th by QS 2020 World Rankings
- 3rd out of 8 in Top Public Universities in New Mexico in 2020 by Niche
|Annual Endowment||452.5 million USD|
|Student Retention Rate||82%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time; online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||6%|
|Annual cost of Attendance||37,107 USD|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as awards and scholarships|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- The institute operates with one main campus and four other branch campuses in Gallup, Los Alamos, Taos, and Valencia County.
- It occupies nearly 800 acres of land across its campuses.
- There are 267 academic, administrative, residential and athletic buildings on campus at the university
- It also provides 16 varsity sports and the teams are known as the Lobos
- There are 432 student organizations open to all students at the institute
- Campuses are also famous for their fine dining options.
- The student body heer is 24,319 with 1,500 being internationals and the student-to-faculty ratio is 17:1.
- There are eight residence halls and 15 living communities at the institute
- There are traditional, suite, and apartment-style residence halls, with seven being on the main campus and one being off-campus
- Each residence hall at the university has Cable TV, Wifi, 24-hour computer lab with free printing, 24-hour service desk, fully furnished rooms, free utilities, and free laundry facilities.
- At the university, each suite accommodates up to six residents and they consist of a mix of single and double rooms with a shared bathroom with common rooms, laundry facilities, built-in shelving, storage and bureau drawers, six full kitchen facilities, Co-ed hall, and community bathrooms.
- Typical traditional halls have features such as Double and deluxe single rooms, built-in shelving and bureau drawers, full kitchen and study lounge on each floor, co-ed living on same floors and community bathrooms
- Its apartments offer single 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment-style units, including a full kitchen, dining area, living space, and washer and dryer
- There are two additional housing options provided by the American Campus Communities (ACC) called On-Campus Private Partner Housing for students.
- There is also the Scholars Community, Innovation academy, Graduate student community, Navajo Nation Student Community and Business Floor living options for specific students.
- On-Campus house rates range from 4,890 USD to 6,390 USD
- Special housing accommodations are available through its Accessibility Resource Center and they are limited.
- There is the Gender Neutral and Allies Community for the LGBT community and its supporters in the Corona Hall.
- The school provides off-campus housing resources for qualified students who wish to live outside the school yet within its environs. The houses are in the range of 6,000 USD to 24,000 USD per year.
- The institute offers a plethora of courses for international students through its 12 schools and colleges.
- It offers 215 degree and certificate programs which include 27 certificates, 94 bachelors, 71 masters, and 37 doctoral degrees.
- It also offers the Anderson MBA Program that'll give upper hands in industries to students as part-time or full-time courses.
- The institute has seven research centers and two Health Science centers that help in student innovative research.
- Some of the colleges at UNM are the college of arts and sciences, college of fine arts, Anderson college of management.
- It also has a provision for certificate programs and also offers 1-year certificates and 2-year certificates.
- Popular programs at the institute include Psychology, Business, Social Sciences, Management, Marketing, Health Programs, Biological, and Biomedical Sciences.
- The university also offers more than 20 online programs and special programs such as Continuing Education (designed for students who wish to develop their skills in a specific area), International Programs & Studies and Latin American Studies.
University of Mexico Application Process
How to Apply?
Application portal: UNM international admission application website
Application Fee: 70 USD
Basic Admission Requirements
- All academic transcripts (translated in English)
- Strong academic preparation or U.S. equivalent grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (for undergraduates)
- Baccalaureate degree that is equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor's degree.
- GRE scores (if required)
- Letter of recommendations (if required by the program)
- Proof of finances
- Visa and passport (if required)
- Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, TOEFL and/or IELTS)
- Undergraduates: TOEFL: 68, IELTS: 6.0, PTE: 47
- Graduate: TOEFL: 79, IELTS: 6.5, PTE academic: 53
University of New Mexico Cost of Attendance
For all the prospective candidates of the institute, an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US has been tabulated below.
|Fees||Undergraduate (USD)||Graduate (USD)|
|Tuition (none credit per semester)||23,417||21,262|
|Room and Board||10,090||10,090|
|Books and Supplies||1,158||1,245|
|Health Insurance and Miscellaneous||3,556||3,556|
The university offers grants, graduate assistantships, student jobs and scholarships for international students to study in the USA. About 74.2% of students receive financial aid at the institute. Nealry 59 million USD awarded in scholarships in 2018
Some of the financial aids include:
- International amigo scholarship: Amount is 15,000 USD yearly and the application is carried out on the school's scholarship website.
- Global Creative scholarship: Award is between 3,000 USD to 7,000 USD per annum.
- Global management scholarship: Award is between 3,000 USD to 7,000 USD per annum.
Management Scholarship: Award is between 3000 USD to 7000 USD
Leadership Scholarship: Award is between USD 3000 to USD 7000
The university alumni enjoy benefits such as
- Discounted insurance services
- Career services and job/internship listings
- Discounted alumni license plate registration
- Discounted offer for Osher courses
Notable alumni include:
- Gary King -Attorney General of New Mexico
- Emil Lassen -Major General Air National Guard
- Brain Johnson -Football Player
Over 200 employers recruit Anderson MBA graduates every year. The institute organizes career fairs multiple times in a year to connect employers to students, alumni, and community members.
At its law school, statistics showed that out of the 112 graduates in the Class of 2018, 95 secured employment as of March 15, 2019, and 90 of those employed as of that date were in bar passage required. According to PayScale, the average salary of UNM graduates is 67,000 USD annually.
Ques: How do you apply at UNM?
Ans: You can apply via the online application and via a physical application.
Ques: What are the most popular job demands in New Mexico?
Ans: The top popular jobs in New Mexico are Personal assistant, Home Health Aid, Physical Therapist.
Ques: What is the Acceptance Rate at UNM?
Ans: The acceptance rate at UNM is 94% approximately.
Ques: What is the Graduation Rate at UNM?
Ans: The graduation rate at UNM is 44%
Ques: What is the average cost of aid at UNM?
Ans: The average cost after aid is $14k.
Ques: What is the SAT Range at UNM?
Ans: The SAT Range at UNM is 965-1240.
Ques: What is the ACT Range at UNM?The ACT Range at UNM is 20-25.
Ques: What is the average GPA required to get into UNM?
Ans: The average GPA needed is 3.40.
Ques: How many credit hours is full time at UNM?
Ans: Full time is defined when 12 or more hours have been completed.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #251 - #300
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #401 - #500
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #601 - #650
The MS in computer engineering course here is super cheap and comes up with a good course curriculum and opportunities. These were my obvious reasons for choosing the course at the University of New Mexico than in any other college. The university charges an application fee of $70 and the application form has to be submitted through the college application portal.
Course Curriculum :
The demand for computers has increased by many times these and data is generated at the fastest rate possible probably. The course aims to provide technical competence in computing, data and networking. The course has extensive modules on the internet of things and artificial intelligence as well.
To study in the USA colleges I applied through a common application portal. I applied during the fall season as the acceptance rate is higher at that time. For me, it became way more competitive. I received the acceptance letters from two universities with courses other than Economics. But at the University of New Mexico, I was selected for the Economics course. I immediately took admission to the university.
Course Curriculum :
This four years long curriculum is varied and interesting. We will be receiving valuable training in economic research and qualitative research. Under the guidance of able faculty members, we are able to participate and are able to contribute to the department's research programs. After completing the course careers in consulting, banking, finance, teaching and government can be pursued.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary