University of New Mexico is a public research university in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The university was established in 1889 as New Mexico’s flagship institution.
The university offers various bachelors, masters, doctoral and professional degree program in multiple fields through twelve colleges and schools. The popular majors offered at the university are:-
- Biomedical sciences
Why Choose the University of New Mexico?
- The university had an endowment of 423.4 million USD in the year 2017.
- The university contributes millions of dollars to New Mexico’s economy through its research programs.
- The university is classified by Carnegie Research University for high research activity.
- The health science center of the university is the largest integrated healthcare treatment, research and education organization.
University of New Mexico Programs, Faculty and Divisions
The university offers more than 215 degree and certificate programs, including 94 baccalaureates, 71 masters and 37 doctoral degrees under 12 different colleges and schools:
- Anderson School of Management
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts
- Graduate Studies
- Honors College
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Population Health
- College of University Libraries Sciences
- School of Architecture and Planning
- School of Engineering
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Public Administration
- University College
University of New Mexico Campus and Residence
- University of New Mexico has 800 acres main campus at Albuquerque.
- University has 8 residence halls and offers three different styles of residence hall i.e. Traditional, Suite style and Apartment style
- Almost 6 % students of the university can be accommodated in the campus residence facility.
University of New Mexico Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for admission into University of New Mexico
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS;PTE
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing samples
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
- Apply online directly through the online application portal on the official website
- Application fee is 50 USD (non-refundable)
- Both undergraduates and graduates can apply through same website.
University of New Mexico Cost of Attendance
The estimated average cost of attendance at University of New Mexico:
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and fees||22,586|
|Room and board||9,864|
|Books and supplies||1,126|
University of New Mexico Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids
- 74.2% of University of New Mexico students receive some kind of financial aid
- 50 million USD in scholarships awarded every year at University of New Mexico
- Around 25% students get need based aid from the university.
University of New Mexico Alumni
University of New Mexico has an alumni network of 169,257 across the globe. The alumni enjoy lifetime benefits offered by the institute like:
- Entertainment Discounts
- Insurance Services
- Library Borrower's Card
- Lifelong Education
- Mirage Magazine
Some of the Notable Alumni of University of New Mexico are:-
- Jerry Apodaca: Former Governor of New Mexico
- Santiago E. Campos: United States Federal Judge
- Edward Lewis: Chairman and CEO of Essence Communications Inc
- Thomas J. Mabry: Former Governor of New Mexico; Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court
- Caswell Silver: Geologist and CEO of Sundance Oil Company
- Robert Mercer: Co-CEO of Renaissance Technologies hedge fund