Morehouse College is a private, men’s, liberal arts college in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. Morehouse is known as the Tier 1 national liberal arts college by US News. Forbes always include Morehouse in their “America’s Top College” list.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Morehouse offers 26 majors across 3 divisions i.e. Business Administration and Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Science and Mathematics. Some of the popular majors of the college are - Psychology; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Social Sciences; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; and Visual and Performing Arts.
- The 61 acres urban campus of Morehouse provides a rich environment to develop intellectualism, manhood and social responsibilities.
- There are 11 houses for the students out of which, 6 are dedicated to first-year students and rest for upper-class students. About 61% students live on-campus and rest stays off-campus.
Morehouse College Admission Process
|Pre-Requisites||Official transcripts, LOR|
|Test Scores||SAT score, GRE/MCAT/MAT score|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL score|
|Application Fee||50 USD|
|Intake Seasons||February 1|
How to Apply – Applicants may apply through The Common Application, or register at official website of the college. In case of medicine, CASPA (Central Application Service for Physician Assistants) serves the purpose.
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition and Fee||25,368 USD|
|Room and Board||13,438 USD|
|Books and Supplies||2,088 USD|
|Personal Expenses||2,400 USD|
The students are provided financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Around 82% of the new students receive need based financial aid from the university.
- The amount disbursed for the scholarship is around 20,851 USD per student.
There are numerous notable alumni around the globe. They are benefitted in some or the other way through Morehouse College such as – travel and hotel discounts, quick loans, discount on Goodyear tires and exclusive employment and training opportunities.