Louisiana State University is a public co-educational research university established in the year 1860. It is one of Louisiana’s flagship and premier universities which has a unique academic, cultural, and research opportunities.
Louisiana State University offers many courses in different fields through 18 institutes. The most popular majors offered at the university are as follows:-
- Business management
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Communication and journalism
Why Choose Louisiana State University?
- Louisiana State University had an endowment of 845 million USD in 2017 for LSU System.
- Several schools of the university have received national recognition in their field of study.
- Around 800 sponsored research projects are being operated by the university and funded by agencies like National Institute of Health, National Science Foundation and NASA etc.
- More than 25000 undergraduate students and 5000 graduate students were enrolled in the university in the year 2017.
Louisiana State University Programs, Faculty and Divisions
Louisiana State University offers more than 235 undergraduate programs, 73 master’s programs, 45 doctoral programs, and online programs through 18 schools and colleges some of them are:-
- College of Agriculture
- College of Arts and Design
- E. J. Ourso College of Business
- College of the Coast and Environment
- College of Engineering
- College of Human Sciences and Education
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Louisiana State University Campus and Residence
- Louisiana State University is spread across 2000 acres and is built on the banks of Mississippi River.
- Almost 6000 students can be accommodated in the residential facilities of the university.
- Undergraduates are required to stay on the campus
Louisiana State University Application Process
Pre-Requisites for Admission into Louisiana State University
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
- Writing samples
- Candidates can apply through online application portal on the official website
- Both undergraduates and graduates can apply through the same website
- Admission deadline is 1st February
- Application fee for admission is 50 USD
Louisiana State University Cost of Attendance
Average and estimated cost of attendance at Louisiana State university has been tabulated below:-
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and fees||28,627|
|Books and supplies||1,160|
Louisiana State University Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids
- Louisiana State University offers an average amount of 15,330 USD for scholarships.
- More than 20% students receive merit based scholarships of an average amount of 4,321 USD.
- More than 70% students receive need based aids of average amount of 5,845 USD.
Louisiana State University Alumni
More than 250,000 alumni became a part of distinguished groups of this university. Alumni of the university enjoy several benefits such as:-
- Multiple travelling opportunities
- Alumni events
- Annual meetings
- Professional Networking opportunities
List of Notable Alumni-
- Amy Brittain – Washington Post Staff
- Renee Horton – Lead Metallic Engineer (working for NASA)
- Cassandra Chandler – Broadcast Journalist
- Alvaro Armas – Research Associate
- Doug Carl Ahlers – Co-founder of Modem Media
- Stephen Edward Ambrose – Author and Historian