Berea College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Berea College is one of the leading private liberal arts colleges in the U.S.A. The college received 1576 applications for fall 2018 semester. With a strict admissions policy, the college accepted only 38% of the applications for the fall term. The enrollment rate for the term was 73%.
- Applicants can apply online through.
- International applicants are offered admission in the fall term only
- The application deadline for international applicants is November 30.
- International candidates should also complete their visa application process in time.
|Application Portal||Print Application/Online Portal|
|Application Fee||No fee|
|Mode of Payment||Master Card/VISA/American Express/Discovery|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, work-study|
Berea College International Admissions
The student population of the college has around 10% of international students from over 60 countries. The admission requirements for all the applicants are almost the same. However, international candidates have to follow a few specific requirements.
Admission Requirements for International Students
International students should mail all the following documents along with application form before the given deadline.
- Completed and signed an international application for admission and scholarship.
- Certified copies of all academic records.
- These must include all secondary school records/ university transcripts/ matriculation exams/other leaving exams appropriate to students’ country.
- Translations of transcripts if required.
- These copies should be certified by school officials.
- English language proficiency test scores.
- Personal statement and cover sheet.
- Standardized test scores.
- Completed and signed Berea College international financial questionnaire.
- GPA 2.5 or above, for transfer applicants.
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- This form should be completed by a school administrator/ employer/religious leader/ someone who can give a valid statement about students’ personal and financial resources.
- Two Admission Recommendation Forms.
- Each letter of recommendation must be placed in an individual envelope by the writer and signed by him/her across the sealed flap.
- Recommendations should be written in English.
- Writers can use the official forms for this purpose.
English Proficiency Test Score
All the international applicants must submit the TOEFL/ IELTS/SAT/ACT scores to demonstrate English language proficiency. The minimum required scores by the college are given below:
|Required Tests||Minimum Scores|
|IELTS||6.0 (minimum 5.0 in all subjects)|
*The Nursing program has higher English language proficiency requirements -TOEFL iBT 83, with a 26 on the spoken section.
Visa Process for International Students
- Submit a supporting bank letter/ Certification of Finances, a copy of Passport or national ID to obtain Form I-20 from the University.
- Applicants are required to pay 50 USD entrance fee and a deposit of 2200 USD to received I-20 from the university.
- Apply for F-1 Visa
- Schedule visa interview
Berea College Undergraduate Admission
Berea College offers 4-year B.A and B.Sc. degrees in 32 majors, 15 teacher educational programs, as well as select professional programs, student-designed majors, as well as a dual-degree engineering program.
Where to Apply: Online Portal
Application Fee: No fee
- All the official records/ transcripts from previously attended institutions.
- Translations of transcripts, if required
- Valid SAT/ACT scores.
- Proof of ELP
- Personal statement and cover sheet.
- Recommendation letter.
- Financial Support documents for international applicants.
One distinguishing feature of Berea College is that no student has to pay tuition fees. Each student receives a Tuition Promise Scholarship worth about $100,000 over 4 years. Applicants received an update of their admission decision status in January and the final decision is released within April. Upon acceptance of the admission, international students should submit an enrollment fee of 50 USD along with a deposit of 2,200 USD.