Deakin Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Situated in Melbourne, Deakin Business School is an internationally accredited business school placed in the top 1% of business schools globally. The school is one of only 150 schools worldwide to hold both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation. Deakin Business School is also the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools around the world.
The international accreditation provides an assurance of quality for their students and hence making their students more employable. Deakin Business School harnesses emerging technologies to facilitate innovative, borderless, socially responsible, and personalized education. The MBA program at Deakn Business School has received the highest 5-star rating by the Graduate Management Association of Australia (GMAA) and its students will automatically become members of Australia’s Institute of Managers and Leaders.
Being one of the best business schools to study in Australia, Deakin Business School has 18% students coming from overseas. The institute has been amongst the top educational institutions in Australia for more than 40 years now and has an alumni network of 270,000 members.
Deakin Business School Ranking
Deakin Business School has been ranked as follows:
- #26 under the QS top 50 under 50(under 50 years old) ranking
- #7 in Australia for its MBA program.
- #21-26 in Asia-Pacific Ranking for their MBA program.
- #151-200 as per QS global ranking 2021.
- Deakin Business Schools' online mode was the best in Australia as per the QS ranking in 2021.
- #17 among the world's best universities for their online mode as per QS rankings
- #8 with an overall score of 35.8 for their full-time MBA-Oceania as per QS Global MBA Rankings: Oceania 2021.
|Full time and permanent faculty members||63|
|Scholarships||Through grants and awards|
|Overseas part-time exchange programs available for part-time students||Yes|
|On-campus housing for international students||Available|
|Number of Business disciplines||29|
|Proficiency in English||Required through TOEFL or IELTS|
|Part Time work and study at university||Available|
|Admission Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org or
+61 3 9627 4877
Deakin Business School Campus
- Deakin University has five campuses across Australia in Melbourne, Geelong, and Warrnambool.
- The Melbourne Burwood Campus is the largest campus in terms of number of students.
- It's an easily accessible metropolitan location within the leafy green surroundings of the southeast where one can get the best of both worlds.
- The campus has a range of health and wellbeing services such as medical centers,multi-faith rooms, counseling services, and disability support services to ensure the mental, physical and spiritual well being of their students and faculty members.
- There are more than 120 extracurricular activities where their students can immerse themselves in clubs, sports, or societies.
- Telstra Trading Room is a unique feature of DBS that provides a trading platform to teach students practical skills and give an idea of the foreign exchange market.
- A combination of advanced equipment like tickers, Bloomberg feeds on the walls, and ASX is used to offer curriculum in trade.
- IBM Center of Excellence and SAS Visual Analytics Collaboratory situated in the Melbourne Burswood Campus are also some facilities in DBS.
- For students and faculty managing parenthood and studies simultaneously, there is a facility of leaving their children at the child care center on campus.
- Free carpool services for students and teachers are available with matching schedules.
Deakin Business School Residence
- Deakin Business school offers students on-campus housing.
- There are plenty of off-campus accommodations options in Australia like homestays, rentals and more.
- On-campus housing has options of a single studio apartment, two sharing, four sharing, six sharing, and ten-person shared unit.
- The common shared spaces where all the students come to unwind and catch up with their friends include Equipped kitchens, seating areas, pool tables, and table tennis tables, Movie room, outdoor barbeque, rooftop terrace, landscaped gardens, study rooms, and multi recreational rooms.
- Single and mixed-gender accommodations is also an option available.
- The cost of the rooms is shown below:
|Room Type||Number of Bathrooms||Weekly Fee in AUD (includes rent, utilities, and programs)|
|Single studio apartment||1||326|
|Two-bedroom studio apartment||1||264|
|Four or six-bedroom shared apartment(A/C and non- A/C)||2||269|
|Five or six-bedroom shared apartment(A/C)||2||279|
|10 persons shared living unit(Burwood student village)||4||259|
- All the stays offer furnished, private bedrooms and free internet access.
- For those who choose to live off-campus the Deakin’s HouseMe website provides a database of local housing facilities available for rent, near each Deakin Campus.
Deakin Business School Programs
- There are courses available at UG, PG and Doctoral level. The Business Schools offers 27 undergraduate courses, 50 postgraduate courses, and 1 research program.
- Programs at Deakin Business School are offered through six academic departments in the fields of related to accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and information systems, and business analytics.
- The school has more than 80 online sessions with world-class academics and study experts.
- The commerce online session is one of the most popular online sessions.
- Because of their excellence in online courses, there are 78,000+ high achieving-graduates with over 15,000 students choosing to study online at Deakin.
Deakin Business School Admission Process
International students need to keep the following steps in mind if applying for admission at Deakin Business School:
- Application Portal: Application for online and on-campus courses are done online as well as certified agents.
- Application Fee- Free of cost while applying online And physical application costs 55.
- Certified academic transcripts
- Updated CVs or personal statement
- Copy of passport
- Certified copies of certificates
- Standardized Tests to Study in Australia
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Application Deadline – Varies based on the course applied for.
Deakin Business School Cost of Attendance
- Costs vary between courses as tuition fees are different.
- The table below mentions the estimated costs of attending the University in Australia.
- The costs may vary depending on the program and personal preferences.
|Expenses||Estimated Cost 2020-21 (UG)||Estimated Cost 2020-21 (PG)|
|Tuition Fee||30,200 AUD- 38,400 AUD||30,200 - 73,000 AUD|
|Accommodation||90-440 AUD (per week)||90-440 AUD (per week)|
|Groceries and eating out||80-280 AUD (per week)||80-280 AUD (per week)|
|Gas and Electricity||35-140 AUD (per week)||35-140 AUD (per week)|
|Phone and Internet||20-55 AUD (per week)||20-55 AUD (per week)|
|Public transport||15-55 AUD (per week)||15-55 AUD (per week)|
|Car related expense||150-260 AUD (per week)||150-260 AUD (per week)|
|Gym Membership||30-100 AUD (per month)||30-100 AUD (per month)|
|Personal Expenses||25-130 AUD (per month)||25-130 AUD (per month)|
Deakin Business School Financial Aid
- Deakin University provides students who demonstrate the need for financial aid.
- There are many ways for international students to fund studying in Australia.
- Students who require financial aid are required to apply for it during the time of admissions.
- Opening date of Scholarship application – August 31, 2020
- Closing date of scholarship application – January 11, 2021
- The Scholarship terms and conditions differ between domestic and international students.
- The table below gives details of scholarship options, eligibility criteria and amount awarded to international students:
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria||Amount Awarded|
|Deakin Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship||Meet the eligibility for admission to Deakin University, Achieved an average of 85% in previous studies.||50% of tuition fee|
|Deakin International Scholarship||Meet the eligibility for admission to Deakin University, Achieved an average of 65% in previous studies.||25% of tuition fee|
|Master of Business Administration Global Leader’s Scholarship||Meet the eligibility criteria for the program, Meet English language proficiency. requirements. Not be selected for any other scholarship or bursary and Achieved a minimum average of 65 or above in recent education.||20% of total course cost|
|International Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship||The applicant must be from a citizen/ resident South Asian country; Applicants must apply through Deakin authorized agents in their country. Applicants must have 85% in Class 12 CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board examination, Overall 10 or A-Level in GCSE. Passed an undergraduate degree with 80%.||100% of tuition fee|
|Deakin Indian Merit Scholarship||Must be an Indian citizen and Must be a resident of India during application. The applicant must apply through the Deakin Authorized agent in India. An overall score of 75% in the undergraduate program, Passed class 12 with 80%.||25% of tuition fee|
- The Recognition of Prior learning one can reduce the overall study time and tuition fee as well.
Deakin Business School Alumni
- The network of Deakin Business Schools Alumni is far-reaching.
- Some of the benefits offered to the alumni are-
- Discounts and offers for various things like on car lease plans,DUBA bookshop, Discount for accommodation at Deakin Waurn Ponds Estate.
- Employment opportunities
- The Postgraduate Bursary scholarship offers 15% off the fee.
- Deakin Library Membership.
- Some of the notable Alumni who graduated from Deakin Business school are
- Parul Bhatia- Author of the book “My Foreign Master’s Degree”
- Tom Allwright is the CEO and Founded of Adventure Abroad
- Richard Colman is an athlete, Motivational speaker and a coach.
Deakin Business School Placements
- Deakin business school negotiates for placements in companies based on the students' interests and course of study.
- Placemats opportunities are available to both domestic and international students and the capacity to undertake one depends on the timing and availability.
- Training programs are mandatory for placements.
- More than 10,000 students use the Jobs and Internships Board to check for vacancies.
- As per emolument, highest paid graduates are from the Programme and Project Management earning upto 179,000 AUD.
The average salaries earned by some of the graduate positions are as under:
|Job Areas||Average Salary in USD|
|Program and Project management||125,000|
|Finance Control and Strategy||108,000|
|Executive Management & change||98,000|
|Architecture, Design jobs||88,000|
|Compliance, AML, KYC and Monitoring||87,000|
The university equips the students in job search strategies and navigating various social media platforms including LinkedIn in order to ease the process of searching a job/career. The counseling and advising are provided for effective documentation and interviews. All students have to go through career training in order to reach the market by keeping their best foot forward.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #176 - #200
RANKED #251 - #300
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #201 - #250
- Bus Station
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary