Sydney Institute of Business and Technology: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Sydney Institute of Business and Technology is a private institute that offers an undergraduate diploma and a direct pathway to a bachelor’s degree program. It is a part of the internationally recognized Navitas Group. SIBT’s programs are approved and accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standard Agency for higher education in Australia.
More than 90% of the graduates of SIBT have proceeded to the bachelor’s degree after completion of their diploma program. Admission at SIBT are beneficial as the institute supports students through a customized learning approach, extra classes, mentoring, and integrated English language support.
Sydney Institute of Business and Technology works in association with a number of partner universities like Western Sydney University and due to its entry criteria being flexible, students can progress onto the second year of university undergraduate degree after successful completion of a SIBT diploma. Currently, the institute has approximately 450 students.
|Intake||March, July, and October|
|Average Class Size||25|
|Average Living Cost||21,041|
|Programs Offered||Diploma and Foundation|
|Program Mode||On-campus and online|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Bursaries|
|Contact||Email: email@example.com Phone: +61 2 9964 6555|
|Address||Level 4 255 Elizabeth Street Sydney NSW 200|
The campus is situated in the central business district of Sydney. Public transport can be easily accessible from the campus.
- Some of the popular destinations like the Harbour Bridge and Opera House are situated within walking distance from the SIBT campus.
- On-Campus Library: The SIBT library provides space for study, research, computers, and printing facility.
- Off-Campus Library: Students can access the State Library of NSW which is situated outside the campus. About 8 freely accessible libraries are also available in the city.
- Classrooms: A maximum of 50 students can study in lecture rooms while the tutorial rooms have a capacity of 25 students. The classrooms have interactive whiteboards, recording facilities, and high-speed internet.
Incoming students may choose from a wide range of accommodations as per their comfort and affordability.
- Student Accommodation: Student accommodation is provided by the Iglu, Urbanest, and UniLodge. Students may choose from fully-furnished rooms, single or double rooms. The residents also include facilities like en-suite bathrooms, kitchen, security, student support, and common rooms. Weekly rent of 320 AUD to 540 AUD is paid, including electricity, telephone, and internet.
- Independent Rental: Renting options are available in apartments or houses either in sharing or non-sharing. The renting cost is usually cheaper and it varies as per the suburb chosen by the student.
Students may book or apply for apartments from the given websites:
Homestay: Homestay allows students to live with an Australian family. Students may experience Australian culture and improve their English skills. The weekly rent for Homestay ranges from 255 AUD to 290 AUD. Can be applied through auzziefamilies.com or homestaynetwork.com.au.
Short-term Stay: Short-term stay is available in hostels, motels, and hotels nearby the SIBT campus.
Students may book from one of the options below:
- Sydney City Hostel
- Apartment Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Central Youth Hostel
SIBT offers 5 undergraduate diploma programs in Arts, Business Administration, Engineering, Information Technology, and Media & Communication.
- SIBT’s undergraduate diploma programs are accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency.
- Successful completion of the Diploma program at SIBT gives a pathway to the second year of a bachelor’s degree.
- The Diploma of Arts program focuses on further studies in areas like arts, communication, and social science.
- The Diploma of Business Administration prepares students to gain business skills in fields like management, marketing, human resources, and economics. The program can be completed within 2 or 3 semesters.
- SIBT’s Engineering Diploma focuses on areas civil, electrical, and mechanical. It is a technical program that helps students in gaining logical and analytical skills.
- Students who could not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Diploma program may opt for the foundation program. The Foundation program prepares students in learning skills required for the diploma program they are willing to apply for.
All international and domestic students must have high school qualifications in order to be eligible for undergraduate diploma programs. Students who could meet minimum eligibility requirements may apply for the foundation program.
International students are advised to provide all the documents required for a student visa as prescribed by the Australian government.
Appication Portal: Apply via SIBT online portal or through a SIBT representative.
Application Fees: Not required
- High School Transcripts with a minimum 50% or higher for Undergraduate Diploma program
- Higher Secondary Certificate or Grade 11 with a score of 60% or above for foundation program
- Offer letter from SIBT and the University
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
- Letter of recommendation
- English Proficiency Proof
- Documents of Employment(if required)
- Driver’s license or Identity Card for personal identification
- References for Accommodation (if any)
- Medical Records
- Copy of Passport with photos
International applicants whose first language is not English must submit one of the following test scores as proof of English language proficiency:
|Exam||Minimum requirements for Foundation program (Extended)||Minimum requirements for Foundation program (Standard)||Minimum requirements for Diploma|
|IELTS||Overall 5.0||Overall 5.5||Overall 6.0|
|TOEFL IBT||61-70||71-78||79 and above|
|SPM English||Grade D7||Grade C6||Grade B4|
Aspirants of the institute must plan their finances before enrolling at the university. The cost of attendance for Sydney Institute of Business and Technology comprises tuition fee and non-tuition fee.
|Program||Tuition Fee in AUD|
|Standard Foundation Program||23,700|
|Extended Foundation Program||32,450|
|Media and Communication||27,810|
Students are required to have 18,610 AUD to 21,000 AUD annually to meet their living expenses in Australia as prescribed by the Australian Government.
|Accommodation||220 AUD - 579 AUD/Week|
|Other Bills||20 AUD/Week|
|Phone and Internet||20 AUD - 55 AUD/Week|
|Entertainment||80 AUD - 150 AUD/Week|
The institute offers financial aid for both international and domestic students. All incoming and continuing students are eligible for merit-based scholarships and bursaries in Australia.
- The financial aid is offered based on the minimum GPA scored in high school.
- There is no separate application required for receiving scholarships or bursaries as the students will be considered at the time of their admission.
- A Special scholarship naming Navitas Family Bursary is also offered for 2 or more family members studying at Navitas institute.
|Merit Scholarships||Must be New applicant An average of 70%||Up to 4,000 AUD|
|Student Support Bursary||Must be New applicant Online Student||15% on course fees|
|Navitas Family Bursaries||2 family members studying at Navitas institute Completed Application Birth Certificate Family Card||10% on tuition fees|
|Navitas Academic Merit Scholarship||Continuing Student Must be a Full-time student Good Academic Standing in the previous semester Interview(may be required)||Varies|
International students can work up to 20 hours per week during their semesters. The students may also work during semester breaks with unlimited hours.
The institute offers diploma programs that allow a direct pathway to bachelor's degree. Students who failed to meet minimum eligibility requirements may opt for the foundation program making it a convenient option for candidate looking to study abroad. SIBT also helps international students with financial aid including merit-based scholarships and bursaries. The College allows international students to work during semesters and during semester breaks through work-study permits. Sydney Institute of Business and Technology also provides accommodation facilities for all students as per their affordability and flexibility. As per the research conducted by the Graduate Careers Australia, the average salary of Arts and Business graduates ranges from 46,000 AUD to 50,000 AUD. On the other hand, the Engineering graduates have an average starting salary of 60,000.
Acceptance Rate Top Programs
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary