TAFE Queensland: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
TAFE Queensland is a vocational education and training institution situated in the Australian state of Queensland. It was established in the year 1882 and later in 2014 as a statutory body. The institute is the largest and most experienced training provider in Queensland offering more than 500 practical, industry-relevant courses to over 110,000 students each year. TAFE Queensland has a wide scale for students and applicants as it is spread across more than 50 locations across 7 regions in the state. At TAFE, they aim at providing quality education and training through a plethora of programs to help students develop their careers that lead to developments in the community and industries.
TAFE Queensland Rankings
- According to Webometrics Ranking of Universities TAFE is ranked at #50 in the country.
- TAFE Queensland was awarded the Australian International Training Provider of the year in 2019.
|Type of college||Technical and Further Education|
|English Language Tests||IELTS|
|Financial Aid||Eligible only for domestic students|
TAFE Queensland Campus
- TAFE Queensland is diversely spread across 7 locations ranging from Greater Brisbane to Far North Queensland. Each campus in different locations has its own specialized facilities and courses in certificate, diploma, and bachelor programs to study in Australia. The diverse campuses are home to international students which include the following:
- The Greater Brisbane campus offers varied study areas such as animal studies, electrotechnology, agriculture & horticulture as well as business and justice.
- The Sunshine Coast campus spread across 60 kilometers coastline offers programs at the certificate to diploma levels to pursue careers in fields like childcare, music, photography, tourism, building & construction.
- The Wide Bay Burnett Campus extends from the Bundaberg region to the Kingaroy regions providing a wide range of programs in beauty and hairdressing, community service, general education, and retail.
- The Darling Downs and South West Campus includes the Chinchilla, Warwick, and Roma regions providing programs in nursing and health, resourcing and mining, agriculture and horticulture, automotive, graphic design, etc.
- Gold Coast is the second-largest city in Queensland renowned for its beaches, theme parks, and lush culture. Campuses in various regions such as Coomera, Ashmore, and Southport provide diverse courses in graphic design, floristry, business, and childcare.
- The North Queensland campus spans across Ingham, Whitsundays, and the Mount Isa region offering programs in automotive, business, cookery, health, and infrastructure.
- The Far Queensland campus includes the Northern Peninsula area and Cairns region offering programs in general education & training, maritime and tourism.
TAFE Queensland Residence
- On-campus residences aren’t offered by the institute. However, it assists to find Student accommodation in Australia that fits into their budgets. The various forms of housing include the following:
- The homestay accommodation enables students to reside with a family in Australia with meals or a self-catering option. Homestays can cost around 200-300 AUD/week according to the meal plans. Some homestay providers are the Australian homestay network and International Student care Australia.
- Short term accommodations are available in hostels, hotels, or motels for students looking for places to move in permanently at other places. Websites to look for student accommodations are Lastminute, Youth Hostels Australia.
- Student accommodations are specifically made for this purpose and they reside with fellow students. Few student accommodation providers are The Village in Sunshine Coast, Nexus Place in Gold Coast, Un Villas in Dashing Downs and South West.
- Renting is another living option where students can rent rooms or houses. Websites to look for renting are Flatmate finder, Gumtree, and Domain.
- TAFE offers over 500 different programs in undergraduate, certificate, diploma, online and short courses.
- Online courses are offered in areas of Agriculture, Business, Information Technology, Legal justice and government, Nursing, and health
- Bachelor’s degrees are offered in the majors of Contemporary Music, Visual Arts, Applied Management, Games and Interactive Design and an Associate degree in civil engineering
- Certificate courses are offered in 3 levels in the field of Business, Automotive Electrical Technology, Music Industry, and Rural operations
- Diploma are offered in website development, library and information sciences, mental health, horticulture, Information technology, and administration and interior design
- TAFE also offers hundreds of further education pathways through partnerships with some of Australia's top universities.
Admissions At TAFE Queensland
To pursue higher education in Australia international students must are required to follow the application processes of the desired institutions. To secure admission at TAFE, Queensland prospective international students are required to follow the steps listed below:
- Application Portal: TAFE international application portal/ via an authorized education agent
- Application Fee: N/A
- Entry Requirements:
- Certificate III level courses: Australian Year 10 qualification or equivalent
- Certificate IV, diploma, and advanced diploma courses: Year 12 qualification or equivalent.
- English Language proficiency: Minimum IELTS scores for diverse program levels include the following:
|Program Level||IELTS Score|
|Associate degree||6.0 overall|
|Certificate and Diplomas||5.5 overall (this can be higher according to programs and nationalities of applicants )|
- Supporting documents
- Transcripts of previous education
- IELTS score
- References from the previous employer, Current CV ( incase of professional work experience )
- Statement of purpose
TAFE is open but most courses are being offered online. Measures of physical distancing are being undertaken in all campuses. Flexibility is being offered to international students currently enrolled for attendance. No information yet on application deadlines.
Tafe Cost Of Attendence
|Diploma of Event Management||15,400|
|Bachelor of Dental Prosthetics||73,800|
|Associate degree in civil engineering||32800|
|Certificate 3 in rural operations||10,000|
Living expenses per year in Australia are estimated to be 21,041 AUD
- TAFE Queensland offers various scholarships to Australian citizens and permanent citizens. Scholarships are based on merit and equitable access.
- International students are not eligible for institutional scholarships. However, they can opt for external Funding options in Australia
- Alumni from TAFE, Queensland enjoy benefits of being credited for their prior learning which translates to early qualification and decreased study time.
- There is a provision of credit transfer that enhances previous studies and saves time and money.
- TAFE Alumni enter into a global professional network after completing their graduation. They are connected to one of the largest graduate networks in Australia.
- Some notable alumni include Claire Ashman: TEDx speaker; Beau Eastman: Award-winning filmmaker
Placement At TAFE Queensland
- Students are offered a back to work program to provide job opportunities to students. Students are also provided with workplace training.
- TAFE also provides guidance and learning programs to run small businesses, engage in working on start-ups and business promotion.
- Almost 90% of graduates go on to work or further study within 6 months of graduation
Thus, having experience of over 135 years in training and education, TAFE Queensland offers students with a diverse range of career enhancement opportunities and courses. International students seeking admission can avail the benefit of affordable vocational and training courses in adherence to their future career choices.
Ques. Are there free courses at TAFE Queensland?
Ans. Around 26 certificate III qualifications are available for free to Queenlanders.
Ques. Is TAFE Queensland better than universities?
Ans. TAFE Queensland offers job-focused training which prepares students to join the workforce. It is a preferable choice for students who wish to be employed within a shorter period of time and without spending a lot of money on qualifications.
Ques. What is TAFE Queensland known for?
Ans. TAFE Queensland is known as the largest provider of vocational training programs in Queensland.
Ques. What is VET?
Ans. TAFE Queensland delivers VET accredited training which stands for Vocational Education and Training. It is a tertiary level of education that offers job related training, technical skill sets and industry-based outcomes.
Ques. Does TAFE Queensland accept late applications?
Ans. Applications received after the closing date may be processed for the next intake.
Ques. How can I apply to TAFE Queensland?
Ans. Prospective applicants can apply to TAFE Queensland by completing the online application or through one of the education agents approved by TAFE Queensland.
Ques. What are the English language requirements for international students at TAFE Queensland?
Ans. All the students who do not have English as their first language must submit proof of English Language proficiency:
- Certificate III, Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma: IELTS 5.5
- Associate level: IELTS 6.0
- Bachelor level: IELTS 6.6
Ques. What documents should be submitted with the International application at TAFE Queensland?
Ans. Students must include the certified copies of the following with their international application at the time of admission:
- Educational certificate and academic records
- English language test results
- Statement of Purpose
- Copy of passport
- Evidence of employment history (if applicable)
Ques. Is there on-campus accommodation at TAFE Queensland?
Ans. No, there is no on-campus accommodation at TAFE Queensland. However, there are several living options in Australia to choose from depending on the budget. Some of them include short-term accommodation in hostels, hotels or motels, homestays or student accommodation.
Ques. What is the tuition fee payment structure for international students at TAFE Queensland?
Ans. The fees for TAFE Queensland are paid semester wise:
- 1 year course = 2 semesters/ 2 payments
- 1.5-year course = 3 semesters/ 3 payments
- 2-year course = 4 semesters/ 4 payments
The fees should be equally divided to be paid in installments each semester.
FIND A PROGRAM
Great program and smooth career advancement options. Offered good opportunities and the admissions process was easy. No application fees, I just have to pay a low $450 for my course as I have already completed a Diploma and half a Bachelor of Education. This was the only college I applied for and I'm really happy.
There were no exams required. I wanted specifically to advance my career and work with youth with additional needs and my hopeful career goal is becoming an Early Childhood Intervention therapist. This course offers a great pathway program into disability support without numerous exams or set test scores.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary