Victoria University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Victoria University is a public university and is located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It is a university of the west and one of the 39 public universities in ustralia. The university was established in 1916 and gained its university status in 1991. The university is home to over 40,000 students including around 14,000 international students. It offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, vocational and TAFE programs. Some of the popular programs by Victoria University subject areas are Arts and Humanities, Education, Computers and IT, Engineering and Science, Health and Biomedicine, Law and Justice, etc.
As per the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021, Victoria University is ranked in the top 2% universities worldwide. The university also ranked 11th out of 22 Australian Institutions in the 2020 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings. The university had seen substantial growth in the areas of Business and Economics, Life Sciences and Psychology. Victoria University jumped five bands and ranked in the top half of all ranked universities from #601-650 in the world in 2020 to #551-560 in 2021 in QS World University Rankings.
The admissions at Victoria university creates an environment of diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, cultural background, age, etc. Victoria University has campuses across Melbourne's CBD and western suburbs. International students can also choose to study at VU Sydney, VU India, or partner institutions overseas.
Victoria University Rankings
Universities around the world are ranked based on their performance and calculated on multiple indicators. Here are the latest rankings of Victoria University:
Times Higher Education (THE) 2021 Rankings
- 351-400 in World University Rankings 2021
- 101-200th in Impact Rankings 2020
- 56th in Young University Rankings 2020
U.S. News and World Report 2021
- #543 in Best Global Universities
- #30 in Best Global Universities in Australia/New Zealand
- #25 in Best Global Universities in Australia
QS World University Rankings 2021
- #551-560 in QS Global World Rankings
Victoria University QS WUR by subject rankings 2020 are given below:
|Sports related subjects||#51-100|
|Computer Science and Information Systems||#351-400|
|Business and Management Studies||#401-450|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering||#401-450|
|Campus accommodation capacity||500 beds|
|Application portal||Online or agent|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Mode of programs||Full-time; part-time; online|
|Total no. of alumni||240,000|
|Total No. of students||40,000|
|Admission helpdesk||1300 VIC UNI|
Victoria University Campus
- The University possesses various tobacco and smoke-free campuses across Melbourne and Sydney as well as at various other international countries.
- The University’s main campus is located at Footscray in Melbourne which is situated next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River.
- The various on campon-campuses includes restaurant, cafes, science facilities, bookshops, pool, gym, Laboratories, learning areas, libraries, beauty treatments, massage, osteopathy, music agency, child care services, security operation Centre, counselling services, etc.
- To encourage extra-curricular participation among students, there are various student clubs and organizations such as leadership groups, sports clubs, social Sports, volunteering opportunities, spiritual and religious clubs, social clubs, cultural clubs, etc.
- The city of Melbourne is a hub of world-class Universities and convenient Lifestyle with more than 1,00,000 international students living there with a lot of student engaging activities such as free music, beautiful parks, excellent dining, International Sporting events, etc.
- The Victoria University campus is connected to the Footscray and St. Alubus campuses via free of cost VU shuttle cost.
Victoria University Residence
- The students studying at Victoria University has two options of accommodations that are on campus and off-campus accommodation options.
- For on-campus accommodation, the University has a Unilodge for VU student accommodation offering a first class living experience to its students.
- The Unilodge is a modern 12-story building offering over 500 beds in a mix of Studio Apartments, 2 bedrooms, and 6 bedrooms shared apartments.
- The building offers fully furnished modern apartments with bathroom, kitchen, fan, heater, internet facilities, 24/7 secure building access, study Desk, chair, pinboard, shelves, TV, common lounge, cinema or media room, in house theatre, laundry room, outdoor leisure space, BBQ, half basketball court, rooftop garden terrace, onsite Café, pool table, games room, etc.
- The University offers guaranteed accommodation to new and continuing full time domestic and international students.
- For seeking accommodation in University-approved Unilodge, the student has to submit an application for the same.
- There are also various off-campus accommodation options available in the city of Melbourne.
Victoria University Programs
- The University offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, vocational, and TAFE courses.
- The most popular courses include in the academic fields of Business, Arts, Education, Computers & IT, Engineering & Science, etc.
- The University also offers flexible learning options and a unique VU block Model under which the student gets to focus on only one unit or subject at a time over a four weeks block.
- Moreover, the University also offers various Pathway programs to its students.
- Students who enroll in a trimester delivery may have the opportunity to complete two-year master’s courses in less than 16 months.
- Short courses to enhance skills and cross-institutional study wherein students may be able to apply to study a unit at another institution are also offered.
Victoria University Application Process
Application portal: Applicants can apply for admission in the University in two ways that is directly to the university online or through an education agent.
Application process: The University does not charge any application fee from its students.
Document requirements for undergraduate admissions:
- Completed Secondary School qualification equivalent to an Australian year 12 certificate or Australian bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Academic transcripts of all the Institutions attended
- Copy of valid passport
- Health Insurance
Note: Other requirements are subject to the particular course chosen by the candidate.
English Proficiency Test Scores
Victoria University Cost Of Attendance
The tuition fees to be paid by the student depends upon the course chosen by the applicant and vary from course-to-course. Other expenses incurred by an individual depend on the lifestyle and preferences of the individual. Let us have a look at some of the common expenses estimated to be incurred:
|Tuition fee||Depends on the course|
|Study resources, textbooks and materials||650 AUD per year|
|Graduation ceremony cost||112.5 AUD|
|Health insurance||435 AUD annually|
|Accommodation cost||Depends on the apartment and choice|
|Food and drinks||100 AUD per week|
Victoria University Financial Aid
- The University offers various kinds of scholarships worth millions of dollars for students at all levels.
- There are various scholarships exclusively for international students at Victoria University.
- Scholarships for international students are generally externally funded or university-funded scholarship schemes in order to provide financial assistance to international students.
- To avail scholarship meant for international students, the candidate is required to submit an online application at the University portal which is then assessed on the basis of the academic performance or personal financial situation of the student.
- Some of the scholarships available for international students are as follows:
- VU International Excellence Scholarship up to 750 AUD per semester and up to 3,000 AUD towards the total tuition fees for which a student is required to be enrolled in full-time course duration, receive advanced standing/credit transfer into the VU and successful completion of every 48 credit points.
- VU International VCE Scholarship up to 3,000 AUD for the first two study periods and up to 12,000 AUD towards the total tuition fees for which a student is required complete Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) with an ATAR higher than 50.00, apply for entry into a Victoria University bachelor degree commencing in 2020 and maintain a 60 Weighted Average Mark (WAM) after every 96 credits.
- VU College Diploma Merit Scholarship up to 2,000 AUD grant for the second semester of studies for which a student is required to secure at least a distinction in each unit in the first semester of a diploma at VU College in Melbourne.
- Moreover, applicant can apply for multiple scholarships and can be eligible to receive more than one scholarship at the same time.
Victoria University Alumni Network
- The University has a global network of over 240,000 alumni across 130 countries.
- The University also offers various benefits which are exclusive to its alumni such as course discounts, career advice, social and networking events, alumni membership, library membership, etc.
- Some very successful alumni from the university who received lifetime achievement award are as follows:
- Dr. Collette Burke: Chief engineer of Victoria, MD at Exner Group and Director at VicTrack.
- Dr. Adrian Stoica: senior research scientist at NASA Jet propulsion laboratory California Institute of Technology doctor of philosophy
- Andrew Gaze Am: head coach of Sydney Kings
- Tan Sri Dr. Jeffrey Cheah AO: visionary founder and chairman of Sunway group
- The honorable Kim Wells: recipient of universities first distinguished alumni award Member of Parliament for 19 years and state treasurer since November 2010
Victoria University Placements
Some of the top companies recruiting students from Victoria University include Ernst and Young, Siemens, Accenture, British Petroleum, IBM, etc.
Here is a list of the average salary offered for different programs:
|Program||Average Salary Offered|
|Bachelor of Business (Banking and Finance)||50,000 AUD|
|Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering)||87,000 AUD|
|Masters of Business Administration||115,600 AUD|
Victoria University’s career center helps students by providing workshops on writing job applications, mentoring, networking events, career advice, job search strategies, etc. The Learning Hub hosts an online job board that helps students and graduates to find suitable jobs in Australia.
Ques. Where does Victoria University rank in the world?
Ans. Victoria University is ranked in the top 2% universities in the world according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021.
Ques. How do I enroll in programs at Victoria University?
Ans. Selected students will receive a letter of offer for the course they are selected for which will contain a student ID number and information regarding enrollment.
Ques. While travel restrictions are still in place can I begin my course from my home?
Ans. Yes, you can start your course online using digitally supported remote (DSR) learning.
Ques. What programs are available for distance learning?
Ans. Victoria University will be offering all courses in distance learning mode in semester 1, 2021.
Ques. How do I apply for the VU Future Leaders Scholarship (International)?
Ans. After the student has met the academic requirements, he or she may apply for a scholarship.
Ques. Can I get more time to provide my English language results for my visa application?
Ans. Yes. Considering the interruption of testing services due to COVID-19, the Department of Home Affairs will allow some extra time to provide English language results.
Ques. Can I apply if I didn’t study the pre-requisite subjects?
Ans. Victoria University has a number of pathway options that provide the opportunity to undertake a bachelor's degree even if you have not completed the prerequisites, met the study scores or ATAR during Year 12.
Ques. Can I add a new course to my preferences?
Ans. Yes, you can add new courses to your preference list during the Change of Preference period. Make sure you meet the requirements to be eligible for the course.
Ques. Does Victoria University offer on-campus accommodation?
Ans. Victoria University offers modern student accommodation in Unilodge.
Ques. What is the housing capacity of Victoria University?
Ans. Victoria University offers accommodation for over 500 students in the form of studio, two and six-bedroom luxury apartments.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #351 - #400
RANKED #176 - #200
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #176 - #200
RANKED #301 - #400
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #551 - #560
I chose the course because of SAP University Alliance. It was the only university in australia to offer such course work. It will make one industry ready with top notch cirriculum with sofwares on demand in market.
Course Curriculum :
If you are unable to follow the standard delivery plan for your course due to receiving Advanced Standing credits, changes in your course structure or unsuccessful completion of units, they can help you with detailed course advice. Academics are designed in a commendable way for better experinec and understanding of market and tools in demand.
Because of its unique course structure. Its location and Rankin. With all the facilities provided.
Course Curriculum :
My courses is well versed with the current IT trends and lab facilities.
My university is known for providing high-quality, engaging career-based tertiary education at all levels of vocational and higher education. Further appropriate pathways, engaging and rigorous curriculum, and contemporary delivery; while maintaining rigorous standards were the strengths of my university. I had applied through a common application form while securing a GPA of 8 and paying $125 for it.
Course Curriculum :
I expanded and developed specialist knowledge in my chosen field of research and provide evidence of independent thought and the ability to manage a research project. A thesis on an approved subject will also be required. The research will be conducted under the supervision of my principal supervisor and co-supervisor.
After completing my bachelor's in management from Kolkata I went to a Consulting agency and they recommended me three colleges among which I chose this one as I found it to be the best suited for me I was required to pay an application fee of $126 and apply through the online portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
Show my course I developed a deep understanding of management. I was taught about the ways to handle the dynamic environment of the business.
My father's friend recommended me this university as her daughter has done her bachelor's from this particular University. After researching, I found it to be the best suited for me and decided to take admission here. I was required to pay an application fee of around $125 and apply through the online portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
In my course, I was taught about the law from a very basic to an advanced level I was taught everything regarding the law in the corporate world as well as the constitution.
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary