Master of Applied Science [M.ASc] (Chemical Engineering)
International Student Tution
- Masters in Chemical Engineering program allows students to complete their degree in 2 years.
- This program is offered on a full-time basis and it will also be offered on a part-time basis.
- This course includes the following research areas:
- Biochemical and Biomedical Engineering
- Green Reaction Engineering
- Interfacial Phenomena
- Colloids and Porous Media
- Nanotechnology, Polymer Science and Engineering
- Process Systems Engineering and Separation Processes.
- This program is offered as a thesis or research-based.
- The students to faculty ratio for this program is 24:1.
- Another Study option available is MASc-Chemical Engineering (Nanotechnology) and MASc-Chemical Engineering (Water).
- University of Waterloo provides the President's Graduate Scholarship (PGS) to outstanding graduate students who hold major federally and provincially funded competition-based scholarships.
- University of Waterloo ranks #2 in Canada for engineering according to U.S. News and World Report Best Global Universities 2019.
- Students have career opportunities to work as an Analytical Chemist, Chemical Engineers, Energy manager and Environmental engineer and many more.
- The average salary after this course is $46,938 per year with entry-level positions start at $26,500 per year while most experienced workers make up to $79,794 per year.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 25370 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - June 1)|
|Admission Intake||summer (Deadline - Oct 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have completed a minimum of 4 years Honours Bachelors degree or equivalent with an overall standing of 75% or more.
- Students must complete Engineering, Research Methods, Ethics, Practice, and Law (0.25 credit weight).
- GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 [B Grade].
Indian Students Eligibility:
- Students need to complete a 4 year UG degree major in Calculus, Computer Science, Differential Equations, Electronics Engineering, Environmental Engineering, General Chemistry, and Geometry or equivalent from a recognized institute.
Required Document List
Followings are the required documents:
Official Transcripts: Students need to submit their copy of their original transcripts. Official transcripts are printed on security paper with the University of Waterloo seal and signature of the Registrar.
Statement of Interest: Statement of interest is one of the few ways to describe that faculty have to understand the student's motivation, the seriousness of purpose, and their level of commitment to the discipline.
Reference Letter: Students will choose letter writers that will be able to comment on their academic record as well as other experiences or relevant skill sets.
CV/Resume: Students should probably provide a resume, a copy of their transcripts, as well as a copy of their statement of interest and other relevant application material.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
|winter||Jun 1, 2021|
|summer||Oct 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Books and Supplies||$750||$750|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #82 / 1001
Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Robbert Hartog Graduate Scholarship||$ 3775||Yes||N/A|
|Hira and Kamal Ahuja Award in Engineering||$ 6000||Yes||Oct 1, 2020|
|Waterloo Women in Mathematics Graduate Scholarship||$ 2262||Yes||N/A|
|UWaterloo Graduate Entrance Scholarship||$ 3500||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- International applicants who are applying for a Student Visa are required to have TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) or eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for entry in Canada.
- Following are the required documents for Students visa applications:
- official Letter of Acceptance from the University of Waterloo.
- Financial Evidence.
- Photos meeting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) specifications.
- Proof of medical examination
- Police certificate
- Country-specific documents
- Documents requested by the visa office based on individual circumstances
- The work-study program offers part-time, on-campus jobs for full-time students with financial need.
- Work-study jobs pay minimum wage or higher. Students can earn up to $2000 per term including vacation pay and benefits, and work a maximum of 10 hours per week.
Career and Placement after Course
Careers possible after this course are:
- Analytical chemist
- Chemical Engineers
- Energy manager
- Environmental engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Materials engineer
- Mining engineer
- Production manager
- Quality manager