Saskatchewan Polytechnic: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The Saskatchewan Polytechnic was established in the year 2014 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. It offers several courses and practical knowledge to their students. The polytechnic is known for providing technical and skill-oriented education. Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s programs are well known, specially its Degree, Diploma, Post-Graduate certificate and other certificate courses. The Polytechnic offers more than 70 courses. It has four off-campus locations providing the needs of students in different fields.
- Due to COVID-19, the Polytechnic transferred all its courses and programs to the online portal from March 23, 2020.
- The fall semester has been extended and will begin from August 31, 2020. Till then all the classes will be held online.
- The fee increment that was scheduled has been backed off and the fees for the domestic as well as the international students will not increase.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is ranked:
- 7356th worldwide according to Webometrics.
- 109th in the entire country according to Webometrics.
- It lies on 1941th position in the continent according to Webometrics.
|Application mode||Online and Paper mode available|
|Number of Students||16,008|
|Overall cost of living||14,762 CAD|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|% of International students||6%|
|Number of campuses||4|
|Medium of instructions||English|
|Undergraduate Tuition fee||14,044 CAD|
|Postgraduate Tuition fee||16,426 CAD|
|Cost of living||694 -1147 CAD per month|
- The main Saskatchewan campus includes fitness centers, test centers, library, wellness areas, food and dining, and departmental bookstores.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic has four off-campus locations. They include:-
- Moose Jaw campus
- Prince Albert campus
- Regina campus
- Saskatoon campus
- These campuses are of the main Saskatchewan Polytechnic campus and cater to the convenience of the students living in different cities of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Programs at Saskatchewan Polytechnic have a wide variety of skill-oriented and knowledge-based courses and courses for domestic as well as international students.
- International students can opt for programs like the agricultural equipment technician, bachelor of applied management, construction management, information systems, etc
- Some of the popular high-demand program are:-
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Radiologic Technology
- Practical Nursing
Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s Prince Albert provides campus residence to the students. They can find off-campus accommodation while studying in Canada through other sources too.
- On-Campus residence- The campus has housing facilities and provides 36 two bedroom suits and also has provisions for the handicapped students.
- The monthly rent of the suits is 588 CAD and the campus asks for a damage deposit of 250 CAD.
- The facilities include the fridge, stove, microwave, washer and dryer, one double bed, two twin beds, sofa, coffee table, dinette sets, window coverings, plug-ins, etc.
- The average cost of living off-campus in Saskatchewan is 1,250 CAD per month.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Admission Process
- Admissions at Saskatchewan Polytechnic are invited in January and September.
- It uses the First Qualified, First Admitted (FQFA) method of admissions.
- The application fee charged is 150 CAD once for each program enrolment.
- Percentage required in schools and the other major requirements are different for all courses:
- Official transcripts and their scanned copies for initial assessment.
- A common requirement in all the courses in the English proficiency- IELTS- 5.5-6.5, TOEFL (iBT).
- Admission into the Polytechnic is determined on the academic records.
- Graduate employment rate in the Polytechnic is 90%
Cost of Attendance
- For international students, the overall fees will range from:-
|Administrative fees||50.00 to 150.00 CAD|
|Application fees||150 CAD|
|Student association fee||95.00 to 445.00 CAD|
|Non-refundable fee at the start)||1,000 CAD|
|Tuition fee range||6,195 to 18,089 CAD|
|Laboratory fee||100.00 to 409.00 CAD with no fees for some courses which do not have a lab service.|
|Books and Supplies||200 to 3,725 CAD|
|Technology fee||50 to 146 CAD|
- For a student of Saskatchewan Polytechnic the required financials (Cost of Attendance) can be:-
|Description of Financials||Amount in CAD|
|Average cost of tuition||11245.77 CAD|
|Cost of living||10799.39 CAD|
|Application fee||150 CAD|
|Estimated total (per year)||22,195.16 CAD|
- International students require a student permit which is issued by the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, Canada (IRCC).
- The students should have a permit about the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP).
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic helps the students through the student awards and other scholarships and grants.
- The student awards can be provided to the student who is enrolled in any of the campuses of the Polytechnic. For the student awards, the application deadlines for the fall academic session are:-
|Application Open||Application Closes|
|May 1||July 31|
|September 1||October 31|
|January 10||February 15|
Saskatchewan Polytechnic provides its alumni with several perks of graduation from the polytechnic.
- The Polytechnic also provides the services of the library in just 20 CAD per year for its alumni.
- It provides discounts on hotels and restaurants. The Polytechnic has tied up with the Choice Hotels and gives discount cards to its alumni for the same.
- Besides hotels, restaurants, pubs, cafes, movie tickets, etc it also provides the benefits of TD home and auto insurance program to the alumni.
- The Polytechnic provides for the Student employment services (SES) through direct contact with the employers.
- An online Job board is created for the students and they can use it for their career.
- The Polytechnic also prepares the students to write their resumes, train for their interview processes, and teach how to build their cover letters too.
- Each year in January and February, the Polytechnic organizes career fairs and the students are invited to attend them and gain the knowledge of employment opportunities in the future.
- Other large scales or mini career fairs are organized by the institute for their students to get employment.
- The companies are interested and the rate is 90% as the polytechnic aims at skilled knowledge. Students at the institute are skilled in their respective fields and so the graduate employment rate is huge.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I heard about this university from one of my teachers in my school whose sister was pursuing her diploma from this college. I got aware about the process via her guidance. The infrastructure of this college and affordable fees structure were the main pillars of my decision to take admission here. The application charge was minimal i.e. $120.
Course Curriculum :
It was three year duration course in which I had learned how to analyze, test and design analog and digital circuits, design and test interfaces between computers and peripherals, install, configure and maintain workstations, etc. In addition to it, I had an advantage in my course to turn my diploma into degree eventually. Design and test interfaces between computers and peripherals was my main strength in the late semesters of my course. Although I was good in the rest segments too.
After completing my school education, I decided to pursue a short term diploma course so that I could start my career as soon as possible with sufficient technical knowledge. It was not that easy to find such course which get completely fit in your expectations. Fortunately I got to know about this course while reading an international magazines published on top short term courses in Canada title. My cost of application was $130 for one course.
Course Curriculum :
Coming to my course curriculum, It mainly focused on mechanical design and drafting, industrial and HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) systems and process instrumentation. My course duration was of two years. After completing the whole course, I was able to design a machine, conduct an applied research project, troubleshoot solutions on a technical project etc. Moreover, I had learned how to apply scientific principles to solve basic engineering problems.
I was reading reviews of pass out and current students of the colleges to get inside information of the college educational system and while reading the reviews of this college, I found that they offer technical and skill-oriented education for better career opportunities. I had to pay somewhere around $150 to apply through the online portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
Through the curriculum, we gained hands-on education using social media, writing copy, doing mock presentations, conducting research, creating computer-based simulations, participating in group projects, and more. The provides a well-rounded foundation in core business concepts, including accounting, computers, economics, human resources, insurance, organizational behavior, marketing, and more.
The university offered many courses along with practical knowledge because of which I made up my mind and decided to apply for this college as the employers demand skills more than a degree. For the admission process, I submitted my application form through the online portal of the college and paid an application fee of $150.
Course Curriculum :
As part of the Nursing curriculum, we're required to participate in all aspects of the program. We also engage in clinical practice that involves physically strenuous activity such as repetitive lifting and bending, walking and standing over extended periods, and fine motor coordination. In the program, we also have the options of Bilingual Program Option, My Community, My Nursing Degree, Upper Year Admission, and Completion Options.
The university has dozens of program areas and some of the most advanced equipment in the province who will provide me the expertise I need and that motivated me to get admitted here through an online application form that cost me an amount of $75. My GPA was around 8.2.
Course Curriculum :
The Bachelor of Applied Management degree program provided me and non-business diploma graduates with a unique opportunity to leverage existing education and experience into a bachelor's degree with only two years of additional study.
- Bus Station
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary