Algonquin College (Perth): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Algonquin College Canada is a publicly funded open institute which was established in 1967. The Perth campus of the institute is known for being located in a community-oriented space of The Town of Perth which is known for its art, culture, and lifestyle. The town provides you with a learning experience that you would not have encountered before. Algonquin College is ranked 71 in Canada.
- Algonquin College has partnered with institutes in China, India, and Montenegro for providing quality education to people around the globe.
- The institute is a member of Polytechnics Canada which is an association of colleges of Canada.
- The institute has partnered with Carleton University for a collaborative degree of Bachelor of Information Technology.
- Algonquin College created as well as distributed Glue Magazine which is Ottawa’s only student magazine, and it is produced by students of journalism and advertising program.
|Type of University||Open|
|Percentage of International Students||11%|
|Basic Tuition Fee, Canadian Students||1776.97 CAD|
|Basic Tuition Fee, International Students||1776.97 CAD|
|Test Scores Accepted||IELTS, TOEFL, iBT, Cambridge, PTE, MELAB, EAP|
Campus and Residential Facilities
- The Perth Campus of Algonquin College is situated in Eastern Ontario, Canada – between Ottawa and Kingston.
- The Perth Campus offers home-cooked meals in its cafeteria, the institute also offers various parking facilities to the students who are enrolled in its full-time courses.
- The campus offers programs varying from Business to Health & Community.
Algonquin College’s Perth Campus encourages Off-Campus housing facilities for students. The institute has recently collaborated with Canadian Accommodation Services to provide services for International Students.
Programs, Faculties and Divisions
The institute offers 6 programs to choose from in three varied disciplines. The field of study includes business, health and community and heritage. All of these are diploma programs and have English as their base language.
Algonquin College Application Process
- Algonquin College requires an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or its equivalent
- Algonquin College also accepts General Educational Development (GED) certificates and Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) Ontario College certificates
- There are different requirements for different programs you will have to follow the guidelines for the program you wish to get enrolled for
- The institute may also ask for program requirements these are a set of academic and other requirements such as a portfolio or a writing sample which is bounded to the course
- Algonquin requires English Proficiency Level 6 and above academic IELTS score
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 and above or Cambridge score of 169 or above is required for English Language Proficiency
|International Applicants||CAD 166|
|Domestic Applicants||CAD 95|
Cost and Expenses
|Tuition Fees||$12,200 – $21,500 CAD|
|Homestay Fees||$2,000 CAD|
|Residence Fees||$10,590 CAD|
Scholarship and Financial Aids
There are many Scholarships and Awards for students across the institute, these are given in recognition of academic skills and may include money, medals or books. All the scholarships and awards are not open for nomination. These are some of the popular scholarships and bursaries:
- Barbara Cass-Beggs Memorial Fund
- This scholarship is awarded to the students of the Early Childhood Education program with high academic standing
- Child & Youth Care GPA Scholarship
- It is awarded to students who obtain the highest GPA in 1st year, 2nd year, or 3rd-year courses
- Women’s Business Network of Ottawa Scholarship
- Fall Bursary: Online applications will be accepted from August to October
- Winter Bursary: Online applications will be accepted from December to February
- Spring Bursary: Online applications will be accepted from April to June
Algonquin College provides various facilities to its alumni such as on-campus discounts, employment services, home & auto insurance and much more.
- Susan Van Zanten working in microbiology with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)
- Nicholas Tessier freelance camera operator, he captured the 2018 Winter games for CBC
Various Universities offer business diploma but I applied to Algonquin because of the unique diploma of business agriculture. The application form had to be submitted online with a nominal processing fee of $95. The basic criteria to surpass was of minimum 65% in higher secondary examination.
Course Curriculum :
This diploma is an unusual mix of two distinct concepts of Agriculture an Business but when they are applied together it helps to create maximum profits. It covers various topics ranging from accounting, mathematics, asset management, economic issues to diary operations, agribusiness, livestock management, production management and much more.