Cegep Marie (Victorin): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Cegep Marie (Victorin), Canada is a public institution of higher education in Montreal Quebec, Canada, offering quality training in a human and eco-responsible learning environment. It offers pre-university programs, technical and double DEC (Diploma of College Studies) including regular programs that are art, music, people and science and the only public CEGEP to offer programs in fashion.
Montreal is regarded as one of the best cities for international students in Canada which provides tons of entertainment and recreational options for the aspirants.
Cegep Marie (Victorin) Ranking
- 10165 in World University Ranking 2020 and 197 in Canada by Uni page
- 10692 world ranking 2020 and 167 in Canada by Webometrics.
- 29th in 2019, college rank by Rate my Teachers
- Cegep Marie (Victorin) received the distinction for its 'Green' efforts and was given the Green College Level Excellence recognition from Environment Jeunesse (ISSUE).
- Offers exchange programs through RCCFC Reseau des Cegeps et des colleges francophones du Canada.
- Cyclonic, production, volunteering and environment action and conciliation committees exclusive clubs
- The international internship offers available
- Workshops and training funded by Emploi-Quebec.
- ACS is the certification for college studies offered
- Co-operation with the Ministry of Technical and Professional Teaching and the Cheikh Ahmadou Bamba Technical School (LTAB) in Dioubel for a technical program in Architecture and Interior Design.
- Coalition with the Federal Technical Education Centre’s (FTEC) in the fashion industry and prison education.
- Associate with Jinan Vocational College for training in Early Childhood Education
- Co—operation with UNESCO to take initiates the Education in Prison Research CHAIR
- ACS certification course is available.
- CEGEPs run regular programs of study as well as continuing education programs
- The Government of Quebec provides loans and bursary program to help their students.
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Programs||23|
|Test Scores Accepted||TCF, TFI, TOEFL|
|Tuition Fee for International Students (per semester)||CAD 6,000|
|Cost of living||$650-1,143 USD/Month.|
Campus and Residence
- The only campus of the college is located in Marie-Victorin, Montreal, Quebec.
- All the courses are held on this campus.
- Cegep provides on-campus residence offers its students the opportunity to rent a room close to your place of study.
- It offers rooms and apartments to rent or share in the surrounding community off-campus. For more information, visit the website www.rcmv.com or call 514-955-3715.
Specialized Programs offered
It offers pre-university programs, offers pre-university programs, technical and DEC.
- Arts, Letters, and Communication
- History and Civilization
- Social Science
- Visual arts
- Science of Nature
- Interior design
- Early childhood education
- Special Education
- Fashion - Design - Marketing - Production
- Physiotherapy techniques
- Professional music and song techniques
- Social work
- Physical Education
The common goals of the programs offered are:
- Enable students to become highly competent in the profession like carrying out the tasks and activities required for entry into the job market
- Support their students enter the workforce by familiarizing them with the job market in general and the field of international trade in particular
- Encourage students for their personal growth and their ongoing professional development
- Make sure that student's future job mobility by helping them to acquire career-management skills and an awareness of entrepreneurship.
Due to the present situation encompassing COVID-19, SRAM offices will be closed to the public for an indefinite period and also suspending their telephone service. So the communication process held through the email, the admissions schedule for the fall 2020 session remains unchanged.
Due to directives issued by the Government of Quebec on March 23, 2020, document or payment will not be received by mail or deposited directly at the SRAM offices can be processed from this date and for an indefinite period. All documents should be uploaded to the candidate's online files that can be processed. To download documents, connect to your file at admission.sram.qc.ca/mon-dossier, payments also made online using a credit card will be accepted.
The college admissions process takes place in turns. Each round has its admission request deadline:
- Fall session: March 1st for the first round, mid-April for the 2nd round, and mid-May for the 3rd round. You can submit a request as soon as the system opens in mid-January and before March 1, 11.59 p.m. for round 1
- Winter session: November 1 for the first round and at the end of November for the 2nd round. you can submit a request when the system opens in mid-September and before November 1, 11.59 p.m. for round 1
Steps for Applying Online:
- Fill the online form from the SRAM website(admission.sram.qc.ca).
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the fees($ 30 non-refundable) via credit card; bank transfer; bank draft; or money order
- provide the requested documents (if applicable)
- Birth certificate
- Original transcripts
- a comparative assessment notice if your studies were done outside of Canada
- a cover letter
|January 14, 2020||Opening for the online admission: admission.sram.qc.ca|
|March 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m.||Deadline for completing the application form for admission to the 1st round|
|March 26, 2020||The places available for the 2nd round are displayed on admission portal and on the SRAM website|
|April 3, 2020||The responses of the CEGEPs for the 1st round are displayed on admission.sram.qc.ca|
|April 22, 2020, 11:59 p.m.||Deadline for submitting a new choice for admission to the 2nd round|
|May 1, 2020||The places available for the 3rd round are published on admission.sram.qc.ca and on the SRAM website|
|May 12, 2020||The responses from the CEGEPs for the second round are displayed on admission.sram.qc.ca|
|May 27, 2020, 11:59 p.m.||Deadline for submitting a new choice for admission to the 3rd round|
|June 13, 2020||The answers of the CEGEPs for the 3rd round are posted on admission.sram.qc.ca|
Fees and Expenses
For international candidates aspiring to study at the university, it is mandatory to have an estimate of the cost of living in Canada to survive comfortably in a foreign land. Tuition fees and other activity fees are assessed based on the number of credit hours of enrollment, residency, courses, and programs
- The tuition fee of CEGEPs would be approximately CAD 6000.
- The fee payment is to be made through online only SRAM login
|Expenses - USD/Month.||Minimum (CAD)||Medium (CAD)|
|Sports and leisure||21||75|
CEGEPs alumni network has member strength of a quarter-million worldwide, with regional clubs playing a vital role in connecting alumni and the university.
Notable alumni include: reference
- Christine Morency
- Jean-Marc Gibeau
- Abdourahmane Sarr
- Look over the all process of placements and event held at CEGEPs
- Invitation to their former colleagues
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I choose CDI college for my studies because it offers me number of benefits related to my studies .It is a private college so it is smaller and quieter.
Course Curriculum :
Networking and internet security program pursuing a new career path or upgrading their skills.
I admire different architectural patterns and designs. I wanted to explore my admiration for architectural skills and love for colors so I decided to pursue interior design from Canada. I did a lot of research and then found out about Cegep from an acquaintance. I applied online and paid a fee of around $90 and also had to submit my high school transcripts during the admission procedure along with my birth certificate.
Course Curriculum :
The curriculum spans over 6 sessions each of which is divided into two parts General education and Specific training. The curriculum has given me room for multi-tasking, on one hand, I get to gather information about subjects like philosophy, physical education and language and on the other hand, I get to express my artistic freedom. The curriculum is knowledge enhancing and had helped me to open up my thinking process for better.
Considering the level of competition in today's society, accounting and management seems to have a bright future. Thus, I did some research on the best colleges for the degree and here I am. Cegep Marie (Victorin) is one of the best I could ever find and has exceeded all my expectations. I applied for the course through a common application form.
Course Curriculum :
My course is divided into 6 semesters and focuses both on knowledge and physical education. We are taught in a very organized manner and there is no exhaustion at all. Focus is paid on accounting, sales, import & export, auditing, project management, and taxes, etc. As an additional language, French is also a part of the course.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary