Yukon College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Granted its college status in the year 1983, Yukon College was priorly known as Yukon Vocational and Technical Training Centre. Formerly Yukon was a community college that later turned into a public university. In the academic year 2018-10, the institution had a total student enrolment of over 6000. The college has specialised coaches that help students with writing tips, math tips through one-on-one meeting or video-conferencing. Yukon College aims at benefitting Yukon, the North, Canada, and the world by creating, preserving and communicating knowledge through its teaching, research and scholarship.
- It has a Webometrics country ranking of 110
- Ranks 1981th in Webometrics continental ranking
- Has a world ranking 7495 as per Webometrics
|Type of University||Public|
|Mode of Program||Part-time, full-time, access programs|
|No. of campuses||13|
Yukon College Campus
- Each of the 13 campuses located throughout Yukon provides post-secondary education
- Across the campuses, various clubs provide extra-curricular rejuvenation - weekly art classes, fitness classes, skiing, etc.
- For students in need, there is also a student union that is also responsible for organizing students activities and events such as pub nights, films, speakers, sports, and barbecues.
- There is a campus store right on campus that handles everything from textbooks to snacks, to clothing to student training allowances, etc.
Residence Facilities at Yukon College
The Ayamdigut Campus in Whitehorse has campus housing.
- Accommodation is available in the form of a single/double dorm and apartments.
- Single/double dorms come with shared kitchens, washrooms, lounges, and laundry facilities.
- The Apartments, on the other hand, are self-contained and each has its kitchen and washroom.
- Each apartment has 1 queen-sized bed, and 2 single beds and comes equipped with a dining set for four.
- For international students, there also exist homestay facilities where they can get a home-like environment and get to learn about Canadian Culture.
Programs offered at Yukon College
Various diplomas, certifications, and degree programs are offered at Yukon University.
- Some of the popular programs available are Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Northern Sciences, SOcial work, and Visual Arts.
- There is also a provision of specializations in Business, Culinary Arts (cooking), Early Childhood Development and Renewable Resources Management.
- Research facilities are also present - the student can wither work with a faculty or at the Research services office.
International students who want to seek admissions at Yukon College can follow the below-mentioned application process:
- Application portal: official website
- Application fees: $100
- Application Deadline - 16 October 2020
- Documents Required -
- High school or post-secondary transcripts
- Campus housing or Homestay application
- Other requirements may vary from program to program
- English Language Proficiency -
- Bachelor’s Degree programs:IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL iBT – 79
- Diploma and Certificate programs:IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL iBT – 79Students applying from India, China, Vietnam or the Philippines must have an IELTS score of 6.0 with no lower than 6.0 in each section
- Culinary Arts, Office Administration and Trades programs:IELTS 5.0 or TOEFL iBT – 45
Cost of Attendance
|Bachelor's Degrees, Diploma and Certificate programs|
|Cost per credit||CAD 400|
|Culinary Arts program|
|Semester fee||CAD 4950|
|Semester fee (20 weeks)||CAD 5200|
|Books and Supplies||CAD 500-700|
|Campus housing||CAD 2000/semester|
|Campus housing damage deposit||CAD 500.00 (for single rooms)|
|Campus housing application fee||CAD 25.00 (non-refundable)|
|Homestay (includes meals)||CAD 800.00 a month|
|Homestay deposit||CAD 800.00|
|Homestay application fee||CAD 200.00 (non-refundable)|
Scholarship offered at Yukon College
The college offers scholarships for international students to study in Canada. Scholarship awards are usually based on academic or personal achievements. Students must have a GPA of 2.0 to apply.
- The following two documents have to be filled to apply for a scholarship -
- The scholarship awards are of two types - Entrance Awards, General Awards. Most of these awards have an application deadline of 30 September 2020, and some extend to 31 January 2021.
- Yukon university is also linked with outside organisations to provide financial aid and is also funded by the government through grants and student allowances.
The website has a student employment page that keeps the students updated with any part-time jobs available. International students with a work permit can work up to 20 hours a week off-campus. Students interested in research can work with a faculty, too, while completing their studies.
I came to know about this college from one of my high school seniors. The education of the college is very good. I applied to the college online by filling up the application form and then they emailed me the admission procedure. There is no fee for the application form.
Course Curriculum :
The course is primarily focused on administration and management. But it also focuses on marketing as well. It teaches you to manage a big organisation in a efficient manner so that every one's best can be brought out.
I wanted to study at a university in Canada because as a country is very economical with high value of any degree pursued from there. I got to know about Yukon College through a college fair that I attended. I have pursued my high school with an MBPC stream (Maths, Bio, Physics, and chemistry) and have scored 90%. I had paid an application fee of $100 for my online application.
Course Curriculum :
The coursework covered topics like the ecology of northern landscapes, climate change, natural resource economics, wildlife ecology and management, biological adaption to the northern environment, etc which covered all the major aspects of the environment and problems.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary