International Student Tution
- Diploma in Business Accounting at Lambton College is offered as a 2-years teaching program.
- Graduates with work experience may also receive credit for one work term.
- The student to faculty ratio is 52:1 which bridges the gap between faculty and students.
- Some of the main courses students will take in this program are:
- Computer Applications for Business
- Computerized Accounting Systems
- Business Law
- Organizational Behaviour
- This program allows for maximum flexibility, students can transfer into the three-year Business Administration-Accounting program at any time.
- After Term 1, students can move directly into Term 2 of the two-year Business or the three-year Business Administration programs.
- Students interested in developing their skills will also have access to The Cube – Lambton College’s entrepreneurship hub – and the ability to participate in Enactus – our award-winning social entrepreneurship team.
- This program provides access to important credentials. Students interested in pursuing the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation must meet specific grade requirements and transfer into the three-year Business Administration-Accounting program at Lambton College.
- Students interested in becoming a bookkeeper may transfer some of their courses to the Canadian Institute of Bookkeeping.
- This program has access to a number of university pathways, including Nipissing University’s Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration degree, which can be completed at Lambton College.
- Graduates of this diploma program would receive credit for the years of the AAIT degree program if they maintain a 70% overall average and upon completion of two small additional course modules.
- Graduates from this college work in all sectors of business including banks and other financial institutions, government and agencies, public accounting firms, small businesses, tax preparation firms, and financial planning firms.
- Students may begin a career working in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cost accounting, general accounting, credit and collections, inventory control, budget analysis, financial accounting, management accounting or tax preparation, etc with an average salary of 46,475 USD per year.
|Degree Type Offered||Diploma|
|Fees||$ 36656 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||winter (Deadline - Aug 31)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students may have one of the degrees:
- A university degree or
- College diploma or
- Advanced diploma
- Students must have O.S.S.D. (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) or equivalent.
- Grade 12 English C or U is compulsory for this program.
- Grade 11 or 12 Mathematics C or U.
- Students must be 19 or above 19 years old to apply for this program.
- The admissions process is competitive and meeting the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission.
Work Experience Eligibility:
- An acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College to be equivalent to the above AND have English proficiency at the college level.
English Language proficiency:
- Applicants from India, China, Vietnam, Philippines, and Pakistan should note that IELTS/TOEFL the only proficiency score accepted by the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program.
- Meeting the minimum English requirements does not guarantee admission. Students with higher English proficiency scores will receive priority in the admission assessment process.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
|winter||Aug 31, 2021|
Applications are closed for 2021.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/Head||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Personal Exp||$ 263|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|Paul Foundation scholarships||$ 20174||Yes||N/A|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$ 150||Yes||N/A|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- Students must have a study permit to enroll in any degree, program or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- Study Permit and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- A study permit is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The cost of the Study Permit is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- The work-study program offers part-time, on-campus jobs for full-time students with financial need.
- Work-study jobs pay minimum wage or higher. Students can earn up to $2000 per term including vacation pay and benefits, and work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Since I always wanted to study in Canada for better opportunities and convenient PR, I applied to the Canadian universities and colleges only. Apparently I was selected at two College form which I took the admission at Lambton College because of better co-op opportunity and affordable tuition. Also, they had a very diverse environment here. I applied through the online portal of the college and paid an application fee of $150.
Course Curriculum :
The program provides us with the access to important accounting credentials that can be beneficial to career development. We receive a well-rounded education in business while studying all the important accounting and finance courses. We also learn accounting theory and procedures, and use accounting software with maximum flexibility.