The Gerald Schwartz School of Business: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
A part of the St. Francis Xavier University, the Gerald Schwartz School of Business was established back in 1853. The school is a renowned name in Higher Education in Canada and offers an undergraduate degree of BBA in numerous fields, covering topics like accounting, finance, marketing, and management. They also have post-baccalaureate and minor programs for interested students.
Although located in the charming town of Antigonish, Nova Scotia, about 70% of students come from outside of Nova Scotia and 11-12% hail from other countries. The school has produced numerous successful alumni, who are now reaching heights in the world. The institute is offering High-quality education along with a luxurious residential setting campus and hence, is promoting students to Study in Canada.
The university itself was ranked 1 in Canada for, teaching students to think critically and helping students gain skills for employment. The admission at Gerald Schwartz School of Business is entirely online and the application fee is 40 CAD for undergraduate admissions. It offers various scholarships for international and domestic students making it more affordable.
|Campus location||Nova Scotia, Canada|
|School endowment||23 million CAD|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and postgraduate.|
|Application deadline||May 30, 2020|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and Bursaries|
|Scholarship deadline||March 2, 2020|
Campus and Accommodation
- The Gerald Schwartz School of Business is a part of the St. Francis Xavier’s University, which is situated in the beautiful, historic town of Antigonish, Nova Scotia.
- The town is a 15-minute drive from the ocean, the highlands, and a two-hour drive to major urban centers.
- The Business school not only offers classroom knowledge but also motivates students to gain real-life experience through various student societies namely Schwartz Women in Business Society, Schwartz Business Society, Schwartz Investment Society, Enactus StFX, and JDC Central.
- StFX has numerous clubs and societies, the students can become a part of, including societies like X-Tending Hope, Service Learning, and X-Pride and clubs like Anthropology, Best buddies, rock climbing, etc.
- The university also has active athletic and sports teams, playing varsity.
- Antigonish, Nova Scotia is surrounded by warm, sandy beaches, hiking trails, and parks along with live theatre, terrific food, and excellent shops.
- The main university offers on-campus housing for students, which include the following room types:
- Double traditional residence room
- Single traditional residence room
- Single suite
- Double suite
- Apartment singles
- The double traditional residence rooms are offered in the below-mentioned halls:
- Bishops Hall
- MacIsaac Hall
- Cameron Hall
- MacKinnon Hall
- Single traditional residence rooms are functional at Bishop’s hall, Mount Saint Bernard hall.
- The halls with double traditional include two beds, two desks, chairs, dresser, shared washroom, common area, study lounge, TV lounge, and much more.
- The halls also have laundry facilities, kitchenettes and free Wi-Fi access.
- Single traditional halls offer private washrooms, Fridge, microwave, counter space with cupboards available in all rooms.
- Gerald Schwartz School of Business offers various programs for international students including Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) through their three departments, Department of accounting and finance, Department of Management, and Department of marketing and enterprise systems.
- The three departments offer several majors, advanced majors, and honors streams in Accounting, Finance, Management and Leadership, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Marketing, and Enterprise Systems.
- The department also offers a post-baccalaureate diploma program in Enterprise IT management, which is a 2 years program and focuses on designing, deploying, and managing enterprise systems solutions in organizations.
- Schwartz also has a sport management minor they offer.
Gerald Schwartz School of Business Application Process
How to apply?
Application portal: online application
Application fee: 40 CAD for undergraduate admissions.
Application deadline: May 30, 2020
- High school transcripts (an overall average of 70% in Grade 12, with no marks below 65% in each of the required subjects)
- Scores of Entrance Exams for Studying in Canada. (ACT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS)
English Proficiency Test scores
|IELTS||6.5 overall and no lower than 6.0 in each band|
|TOEFL||90 iBT and no lower than 20 in each band|
|CAE||180 overall and no lower than 170 in each band|
Gerald Schwartz School of Business Cost of Attendance
The table below represents the estimated Cost of Living in Canada while attending the University. The costs are on an annual basis and may vary according to the needs.
|Expense||Domestic (CAD)||International (CAD)|
|Tuition and fees||8,830||8,830|
|Information and technology fee||406||406|
|Facilities renewal fee||197||197|
|Recreation and facilities fee||116||116|
|Students’ union fee||173||173|
|Student associate fee||6||6|
|Health and wellness expansion fee||125||125|
|International student fee||-||8,830|
- Gerald Schwartz School of Business invests 4 million CAD annually in scholarships and Bursaries. However, scholarships in Canada for international students are quite less.
- Some of the Scholarships offered by the University are as follows:
|Schwartz National scholars||It is offered to all the students enrolled in full-time undergraduate BBA courses.
Domestic and international students both can avail the benefits.
|20,000 CAD per year (renewable up to 4 years)|
|Schwartz School of Business International Scholars||Available only for international students, the scholarship is applicable only to those enrolled in BBA courses.
Minimum academic score should be 85%.
|8,000 CAD per year (renewable up to 4 years)|
|Heather Reisman Women in Business Scholars||Only Canadian women enrolled in the first year of the BBA program are eligible for this scholarship.||7,500 CAD per year (renewable up to 4 years)|
- Students of Gerald Schwartz School of Business are eligible to avail the university alumni association benefits, which include the following:
- Home and auto insurance
- Alumni X-Mosaik mastercard.
- Alumni Listserv.
- Group life insurance.
- Diploma frames.
- StFX library and more.
- Few notable alumni of Schwartz Business School are Troy Mrazek (Management Consultant with Deloitte), Brett Frazee ( Director of Finance, Beyond Food Inc.) Victoria Morgan (Communications and Media Officer, Dept. of Health, Govt. of Nunavut), and many more.
The Co-op Office and Student Career Services host two separate opportunities fairs in September. The first fair focuses on accounting-related roles and the second will focus on IT/computing-related roles. The career center provides career information on various career management topics, printed and online. They also connect with employers to advertise employment opportunities and to set up information kiosks for the students.
FIND A PROGRAM
I got to know about Gerald Schwartz School of Business from an online consultancy, who highly recommended me to opt for my BBA in this college over other colleges. I had applied at the University by filling out an online application form with an application fee of $40. I had also applied to 8 other Canadian colleges but this one was my first choice. I scored 89% in my grade 12 which helped me get through the admission process.
Course Curriculum :
The best part of my learning experiences comes from the smaller classes anchored by hands-on learning. They combine the acquisition of conceptual knowledge with applied and experiential learning approaches that include work terms, projects, presentations, simulations, field trips, class discussions, case analyses, lectures, readings, films, guest speakers, service learning, and much more which makes it more fun and interesting. Some subjects included in the curriculum are Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, economics, and many other subjects which gave me the knowledge, skills, and attitude.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary