Yorkville University, Fredericton Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fees & Scholarships
Yorkville University is a private university that provides practitioner-oriented degree programs for a professional career. The annual enrollment at the university is 5,500 students. The average cost of attending the university is 10,500 CAD per year. It offers personalized attention in the classroom which helps students learn through active participation, making it one of the best places to study in Canada.
Yorkville University has three campuses across Canada in Vancouver, Toronto, and Fredericton. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs and has a 100% placement rate. One of the unique features of the university is that it offers flexible degree programs either on-campus or off-campus (online) or a combination of both mediums.
Yorkville University Ranking
According to Eubank, the university has been ranked #7227 of 14,178 in the world, 87 out of 101 in Canada, and 5 out of 8 in New Brunswick.
|Year of establishment||2003|
|Type of University||Private|
|Number of Undergraduate programs||2|
|Number of Graduate programs||3|
|Number of Diploma programs||1|
|Mode of programs||On-campus and Online|
|Average Number Students per Class||20|
|Percentage of Student Placement||100%|
|Test Score Accepted||TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, CanTest & TWE|
Yorkville University Programs
- The university offers online as well as offline programs for its students. It has undergraduate, graduate, and associate degree programs.
- The university is currently offering three on-campus and four online undergraduate programs. Due to covid 19, all of the graduate programs are currently online only.
- The programs offered by Yorkville University are Interior Design, Business Administration, and Creative Arts.
- The university also offers a UPS program in which you can earn a degree while you work. It also has articulation programs and partnerships with the Canadian Armed Forces.
Yorkville University Campus
- Yorkville has three campuses in Ontario, British Columbia, and New Brunswick. Yorkville University provides the coast to coast presence.
- Both online and on-campus programs are offered in Ontario (Toronto campus) and British Columbia (Vancouver Campus)
- West campus located in Vancouver, a beautiful global city having strong connections to the traditions and culture of Asia- Pacific.
- Vancouver Campus is known offers Bachelor of Business Administration (General), and with specializations in Accounting, Energy Management, Project Management, and Supply Chain Management
- Central Campus is located in the city of Toronto, which is a global hub for business and offers an excellent quality of life.
- Toronto Campus offers a Bachelor of Business Administration with a specialization in Project Management, and a Bachelor of Interior Design (BID).
Yorkville University Residence
- Yorkville university does not provide on-campus student residents.
- Students can reside in various options such as rented apartments, student houses, student hostels, hotels, etc.
- There are other living options available in Canada within the vicinity of the university.
Yorkville University Application Process
Yorkville University offers different graduate and undergraduate courses. These are the academic requirements one must fulfill before taking admission into the university-
Application Portal - University’s official website
Application Fee - 75 CAD
Admission Requirements for the undergraduate programs -
- Official undergraduate transcript and proof of obtaining a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- SAT or ACT scores are optional
- Current Curriculum Vitae and a statement of interest.
- Two reference letters from professional and academic sources
- Completed online application
- CGPA score of at least 3.0 on the scale of 4.0 or 4.03 in the undergraduate course or a GPA score of at least 3.0 in the final 2 years of an undergraduate course.
Admission Requirements for the Graduate programs -
- Official undergraduate transcript and proof of obtaining a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University. A bachelor’s degree in the related field is more preferred.
- Students seeking admission in the Education leadership programs are expected to have gained their education-related experience in the K-12 school system.
- GMAT or GRE scores are not required.
English Language Requirements:
The candidates whose native language is not English must qualify the below mentioned English proficiency test and get a certain score to apply for the course-
|Name of Exam||Minimum Eligibility|
|IELTS||7.0 and above|
|TOEFL||92 marks and above|
|Can Test||4.5 and above|
Yorkville University Cost Of Attendance
The table tabulated below shows the estimated cost of attendance in Canada.
|Tuition Fee||18,000 - 20,000|
|Accommodation Expense||650 - 2000|
|Food and traveling||1500 - 4000|
|Academic responses||1000 - 2000|
|Miscellaneous expenses||1000 - 2000|
Yorkville Financial Aid and Scholarships
|Type of Scholarship||Details|
|Bachelor of Business Administration On Campus Bursaries||This scholarship is only for Canadian Citizens who want to pursue a Bachelor of Business Administration at the university.|
|Canadian Armed Forces Bursary||This scholarship is for the students whose parents are working in the Canadian Armed Forces|
|The Jacob Markovitz Memorial Scholarship
||This scholarship is for students who have applied to a graduate program at Yorkville University and have Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status in Canada are eligible to apply.|
Apart from these scholarships, the university also provides financial aids like Student Line of Credit, Education Saving Plans, and much more. There are also some other scholarship opportunities available for international students in Canada.
Yorkville University Notable Alumni
- Being a Yorkville alumnus provides its students with a flexible program so they can study online, which provides a fast-paced and accessible education.
- Provides Free mental health Counselling services to the students.
- Yorkville University also has a system of E-portfolio which helps the student develop a portfolio while studying and to present the same to the potential employers.
Some of the notable alumni are:
- Hubert Wong- Sr. It Analyst at Asurion
- Dr. Jamie Swann- Founder and Owner of Thriving Potential
- Samantha Lightfoot – Owner at Riot Theory Apparel
- Francois-Pierre Marcil- Vice President, Digital marketing at E-Hook
Yorkville University Placements
- Yorkville University offers 100% placement into different sectors.
- Yorkville is constantly providing placements in these following sectors – Financial Services, Media, Healthcare, Retail, IT Services, Oil and Gas, Health, wellness, and fitness, Construction, and Real Estate.
Ques. What is the average GPA at Yorkville University?
Ans. The average GPA at the university is 3.0.
Ques. What kind of English Proficiency does Yorkville university accept?
Ans. The university accepts scores of IELTS, TOEFL, and CAN Test as proof of English Proficiency.
Ques. Can you work full time and complete your degree too?
Ans. Yes, the university offers special programs under which you can work full time and complete your degree.
Ques. Does the university have on-campus accommodation?
Ans. NO, the university does not offer any on-campus accommodation options.
Ques. Is it possible to shorten the duration of my degree at Yorkville?
Ans. The university has 3 term breaks during the year. You can choose to not take those breaks and use that time to complete your degree. In this way, the duration of your degree will be shortened.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://yorkvilleu.secure.force.com/yu/
Fall Admission Deadlines
Spring Admission Deadlines
Summer Admission Deadlines
I opted for this course because I wanted to be businessman, and I wanted to turn my passion into profession. I was really looking at going for business studies after completing my school education and project management was something that I would really like to pursue. It was one of the university that were providing the course that I was looking for exactly. My online application fees was $70 for one program.
Course Curriculum :
My course curriculum was set up as such that it allowed me to have an understanding of how it actually functions as a business society, although It allowed me to interact and engage as well. It gave me a number of very important skills so that I could succeed in my professional career. Most important fact was that I had applied and integrated the practical consequences of business world here which helped me in learning the various aspects of market phenomenon.
I came to Yorkville to nobody to get the degree but the goal was to ensure that I would have a good career going forward. After completing my school education, I consulted with a private agency in order to get aware of the top universities of Canada, and hence I landed up here. My cost of online application was $70 and the whole process of admission was easy.
Course Curriculum :
In my course curriculum I had been given such topics via which I got the clear way to accomplish my career goals. Almost common subject were there in my syllabus but the major difference was the environment, flexibility and amazing faculty members. Moreover I was elated to know that my class size was too short. Average strength of single batch was not more than 22 students here. My course duration was 2.5 years which further divided in to semesters.
One of my friends who was studying here told me about the college and the programs it offered. After understanding the full procedure, I decided to apply for this college. I paid $100 for the application fee which was non-refundable
Course Curriculum :
The course is being taught in a very practical approach and is also relevant too the current circumstance.
The reason behind why I opted for this university is its world wide acknowledgement in business administration segment and its high placement rate consistence over the years. My online application fees was nearly around $ 70 which was quite nominal as compare to others where I had applied to.
Course Curriculum :
In my course curriculum, i had been given such topics in my core subject via which I had gathered prominent methods of business administration that sets the ground for my selfmade success.
I heard about this university from one of my friend's sister who had pursued her masters from this university. My academic background had been good through out the school duration. And my percentage in 12th examination was 95.23 %. The online application fee here was $65.
Course Curriculum :
My course had provided me the immense knowledge in creating beautiful, practical, healthy and safe interior spaces.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary