Schulich School of Business is a faculty of York University. It offers undergraduate and graduate programs, diploma programs, executive and Ph.D. programs. Forbes and CNN Expansion ranked Schulich School of Business have the best full-time MBA program in Canada.
Why Schulich School of Business?
- One of the world’s leading business school.
- Offers Canada’s first International MBA and international BBA degrees
- North America’s first cross-border executive MBA and the Kellogg-Schulich Executive MBA.
- #1globally in teaching responsible business by Corporate Knights.
Rankings and Standings
- Forbes (two-year MBA programs outside the US)- #1 (Canada)
- Forbes (two-year MBA programs outside the US- #8 (international)
- CNN Expansion 2017 Global MBA Ranking- #1 Canada
- CNN Expansion 2017 Global MBA Ranking- #29 Internationally
- America Economia 2017 global MBA ranking- #1 Canada; #28 globally
- More than 60% international students from 30 countries.
- Switch between part-time and full-time study to balance changing career, lifestyle and school demands
- Global academic partnerships in more than 80 management schools in 40 countries.
|Total number of students||Around 500|
|Number of undergraduate students||400|
|Number of undergraduate programs||11|
|Number of graduate programs||18|
|Number of graduate diplomas||4|
|Language for courses||English|
|Tuition fee range||CAD 7,523 – CAD 24,587|
|Test scores accepted||GMAT, GRE, IELTS, TOEFL|
Programs offered at Schulich School of Business
Levels of Education
- Executive programs.
Specializations offered in undergraduate program are:
|Entrepreneurial & Family Business Studies||Operations Management & Information Systems|
|Certificate in International Management (CIM)||Finance|
|Organization Studies||Responsible Business|
Specialized Masters Programs
|Finance||Real Estate & Infrastructure|
|Supply Chain Management||Management|
Master of Business Administration Specializations
|Accounting||Arts, Media & Entertainment Management|
|Business & Sustainability||Business Consulting|
|Financial Risk Management||Financial Services|
|Global Mining Management||Global Retail Management|
|Health Industry Management||International Business|
|Marketing||Operations Management & Information Systems|
|Organization Studies||Real Estate & Infrastructure|
|Social Sector Management||Strategic Management|
- Post-MBA Diploma in Advanced Management
- Financial Engineering
- Intermediate Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
Ph.D. in Administration Specializations
|Operations Management & Information Systems||Marketing|
|Organization Studies||Policy and Strategic Management|
Campus and Residence
- Primary campus located at the Seymour Schulich Building on the Kneele Campus in Toronto, Ontario.
- Executive education centre in Toronto’s Financial District in downtown Toronto.
- Management programs at Miles S. Nadal Management Centre, Downtown Toronto.
- Established satellite campus in Hyderabad, India
- Representative offices in Beijing and Shanghai, China; Mumbai, India; Seoul, South Korea; and Moscow, Russia.
- Keele campus offers eight different undergraduate residences.
- Houses 250 students
- Rooms available in single and double sharing.
- Common washrooms, study spaces, lounge areas and laundry facilities.
- Offers guaranteed residence for first-year undergraduate students.
- Self-contained apartments on the Keele campus to graduate students, Osgoode law students, mature students and family students.
- Study space, libraries, food outlets, sports facilities, one-bedroom and two-bedroom units.
- Luxury student living residence- QUAD for mature and graduate students.
- Fully furnished rooms with wireless internet, gas, water, retail space, food outlets, business and fitness centre etc.
- Off-campus housing available.
Schulich School of Business Application Process
English Language Requirement for International students
York University English Language Institute (YUELI) for students without test scores of following tests:
Minimum scores required
School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design
Environmental Studies Health
Lassonde School of Engineering
Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
YELT (York English language Test)
Faculty of Education
Lassonde School of Engineering
Schulich School of Business
- Undergraduate degree from a reputed institution
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Minimum two years of work experience
- English Language proficiency scores
- Two references
- Transcripts of post-secondary institutions
- A copy of passport
How to Apply?
Application process for undergraduate program consists of 2 parts:
- Ontario Universities Application Centre
- Schulich Supplementary Application
Steps to apply
- Create a profile on Schulich online system
- Check the login credentials and create a password
- Give required personal details and upload required documents and transcripts.
- Pay the application fee and submit the form
- Submit a 350 word essay within 5 minutes
- Two professional references should be submitted
- Students have to pay the application fees of amount CAD 150.
- Fees once paid is non-refundable
- Fees can be paid via credit card and debit card
Expenses at Schulich School of Business
Undergraduate Tuition Fee
|Tuition fee for domestic students||CAD 353 – CAD 10,605|
|Tuition fee International students||CAD 982 – CAD 29,469|
Graduate Tuition Fee
|Tuition fee for Domestic Students||CAD 77,900 for full-time CAD 81,000 for part-time|
|Tuition fee for International Students||CAD 99,440|
In addition to the tuition fee, living expenses are:
|Books/course material||CAD 750|
|Rent (on campus)||CAD 5,000|
|Personal expenses||CAD 1,000|
|Health Insurance||CAD 450|
|Off-campus housing per month||CAD 500- CAD 1,200|
|KPMG Undergraduate Scholarship||CAD 7500|
|Seymour Schulich BBA/iBBA Entrance Scholarship||CAD 6050|
|Tanna H. Schulich BBA/iBBA Entrance Scholarship||CAD 6050|
|Devin Truax Memorial iBBA Scholarship||CAD 5000|
|Edith Schulich BBA/iBBA Entrance Award||CAD 5000|
|Ernst & Young BBA Award||CAD 5000|
|Steven K. Hudson BBA/iBBA Entrance Award||CAD 5000|
|HSBC Presidents Award for iBBA||CAD 3750|
|Nissan Canada Leadership Entrance Award||CAD 3500|
|Toronto Dominion Bank Award||CAD 3000|
|York science scholars award||CAD 10,000|
|The International circle of scholars scholarship||CAD 15,000|
|Global leader of tomorrow award||CAD 20,000|
|International entrance scholarship||CAD 35,000|
Apart from the above scholarships, many organizations provide financial aids, scholarships.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- The association of universities and colleges of Canada
- iStudent Canada
- The natural sciences and engineering research council of Canada
- York awards search
Career Prospects After Graduating from Schulich School of Business
Schulich career development centre offers a wide variety of innovative programs.
- Recruitment from Top companies in Canada
- 89% students hired within 3 months via placements.
- average salary offered: CAD 91,860
- Around 140 companies hire BBA, MBA students from Schulich
- Internships, part-time jobs, summer recruitment options offered to the students.
More than 29,000 alumni from 60 countries. There are many alumni recognition awards offered to the alumni.
- Outstanding Executive Leadership
- Outstanding Progress and Achievement
- Outstanding Public Contribution
- Outstanding Contribution to the Schulich School of Business
Some of the notable alumni are:
- Bonnie Crombie – Mayor of Mississauga, Ontario
- Bharat Masrani – Group President and CEO of TD Bank Group
- Rob McEwen – Chairman and CEO of US Gold Corporation and Lexam Explorations.
- Richard E. Waugh, President and CEO of Scotiabank
- Craig Kielburger – Founder of Free The Children
- Vikas Kohli – Founder of Fatlabs Recording Studio in Mississauga, Ontario
- Neelam Verma – Finalist at Miss Universe & Television Anchor
- David Wilson – Chairman of the Ontario Securities Commission
- Colleen Johnston, former CFO of TD Canada Trust
- Majid Jowhari – Cnadaian Politician with the Liberal Party of Canada, MP of Richmond Hill.