Trebas Institute: Courses, Tuition Fees, Campus, Scholarships & Jobs
Trebas Institute is the first-ever institute in Canada established solely to cater to the needs of entertainment professionals. At Trebas, students can pursue the best of the professional courses in the streams of music, film, business & technology, and management. The courses offered at Trebas Institute are tailored to meet the academic and professional requirements of students and make them career-ready. Unique courses like Diploma in Music Business Administration make Trabas stand out from other institutes in Canada offering similar courses.
Nearly 3000+ students from over 40 countries have graduated so far from Trebas including Grammy Award-winning music producer, Mike Piersante; music producer, Jeremy Harding; and Megadeth singer and guitarist.
Trebas Institute Programs
- Trebas Institute offers an array of programs in the areas of music, film, business and technology, and management across the two campuses.
- The courses offered at Trebas Institute are accredited by various local, regional, and national organizations, which include:
- NACC (National Association of Career Colleges)
- Ontario Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities (MTCU)
- Quebec Ministry of Education/ Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur (MES)
- Steinberg Certified Training Center
- Imagine Canada
- Breakfast Club
- These partnerships help the students to gain high-quality and industry-relevant knowledge in their domain.
- All the courses are offered both in English and French language and are constantly upgraded to meet the present market demands.
- Both the campuses of Trebas Institute differ in their program offerings, which are tabulated below:
|Diploma Programs||Offered at|
|Audio and video post-production||Montreal Campus|
|E-commerce and online business management||Montreal Campus|
|Live sound||Montreal Campus|
|Sound recording||Montreal Campus|
|Digital marketing and social media||Montreal Campus|
|Sound design||Montreal Campus|
|Audio Engineering & Production/DJ Arts||Montreal & Toronto Campus|
|Event and venue management||Montreal & Toronto Campus|
|Film and Television production||Montreal Campus|
|Film and Television production and post-production||Montreal & Toronto Campus|
|Entertainment management||Montreal & Toronto Campus|
|Show and event management||Montreal Campus|
|Music Business Administration||Montreal Campus|
Trebas Institute Campus
- Trebas institute spans two campuses, in Montreal and Toronto.
- Both the campuses are located in the heart of the two cities offering easy access to public transportation, shops, restaurants, museums, malls, and entertainment spots.
- Being centrally located, both campuses of Trebas provide students with the opportunity to form extensive professional links.
Trebas Institute Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance altogether comprises the tuition fee and living expenses. The cost of attendance for students of Trebas Institute varies depending on the campus one chooses to pursue a particular course.
The overall expenses to study at Trebas Institute are tabulated below.
Trebas Institute Tuition Fee: Montreal Campus
|Program||Tuition Fee (CAD)||Tuition Fee (INR)|
|Audio and Video Post-production||32,000||18,69,023|
|e-Commerce and Online Business Management||28,000||1,635,395|
|Digital Marketing & Social Media||14,630||8,54,494|
|Film & Television Production||14,630||8,54,494|
|Music Business Administration||13,700||8,00,175|
|Show & Event Management||9,164||5,35,241|
Trebas Institute Tuition Fees: Toronto Campus
|Program||Tuition Fee (CAD)||Tuition Fee (INR)|
|Audio Engineering & Production/DJ Arts||22,055||12,88,165|
|Event & Venue Management||16,055||9,37,724|
|Film & Television Production and Post-Production||22,055||12,88,165|
Living expenses to study in Canada varies by cities and the personal expenses of the students.
Montreal: Montreal is one of the cheapest cities in North America, offering an affordable stay for students. Those enrolled at the Montreal campus of Trebas Institute need to spend around 1,200 CAD (70,228 INR) per month.
Toronto: Staying in Toronto can be a bit expensive and students may have to spend around 1,475 CAD (86,321 INR) per month as part of their living expenses.
Trebas Institute Admission Process
The application process for admission to Trebas Institute can be completed in a few easy steps:
- Submit duly filled online application form along with the required documents
- Pay admission fee (50 CAD) and registration fee (200 CAD).
- Upon meeting the requirements, students will be issued a ‘Letter of Admission’ indicating their acceptance at Trebas.
- Applicants then must obtain the Quebec Acceptance Certificate /Certificat d'Acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) by logging into the Quebec Immigration website.
- Then applicants must apply for a student visa to study in Canada.
- Along with the student visa, applicants can apply for a work visa for working in Canada.
- Applicants should compulsorily obtain health insurance before starting their classes.
- After completing all the steps and fulfilling all the above-mentioned requirements, students can now enroll themselves and start with the classes.
Trebas Institute Scholarships
In order to qualify for the scholarships offered at Trebas Institute, students must make an application at least 1 month before the course start date. The application window for all the scholarships will be open until December 31.
|Scholarship Name||Eligible Programs||Open to||Scholarship Amount or Benefits||Eligibility Criteria|
|The Diversity Grant||Audio and Video Post-Production, e-Commerce and Online Business Management||Both domestic and international students||4,000 CAD, covers part of the tuition fee||Completion of the program within 2 years with good academic standing|
|The Americas Grant||E-Commerce and Online Business Management, Audio and Video Post-Production||Both domestic and international students (North American & South American students)||10,000 CAD towards the tuition fee||Completion of the program within 2 years with good academic standing|
|The SEA Regional Grant||E-Commerce and Online Business Management, Audio and Video Post-Production||Both domestic and international students*||10,000 CAD towards the tuition fee||Completion of the program within 2 years with good academic standing|
*International students from Korea, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam are only eligible for this scholarship scheme.
Trebas Institute Placements
- Trebas Institute has a dedicated ‘Career Services Department’ offering career counseling services to students and alumni which include career advice, resume and cover letter building, techniques and strategies to crack interviews, and job searching techniques.
- The institute has partnerships with various organizations and enterprises offering internship opportunities to provide real-life industry exposure.
- Students can always reach the career coordinators for learning about techniques and tools required for job search.
- Regular workshops are organized by Trebas to teach students about career management, resume building, interviewing, job search, entrepreneurship, professional networking, and the role of social media in the job search.
- Furthermore, Trebas always keeps a track of the students seeking placement opportunities with different enterprises and helps them in professional networking with employers.
Since its establishment in the year 1979, Trebas Institute has been diligently offering the best of the courses related to the Entertainment domain. Trebas maintains a small class size (25:1 for theory and 12:1 for practical sessions) to facilitate better learning and extensive interaction between students and teachers. Pursuing one of the courses here can thus help Entertainment professionals to add more to their domain knowledge and experience.