Master of Arts [M.A] (Economics)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- Master of Arts in Economics at McGill University allows students to complete this course in 1 year.
- Students need to complete 45 credits successfully for this McGill’s Arts in Economics program.
- The Department of Economics offers M.A. and Ph.D. programs that attract students from all over the world.
- The students to faculty ratio for this MA Economics program at McGill University is 16:1.
- The core areas of the programs are:
- The Faculty members of the Department of Economics at McGill University conducted research in numerous areas of economics, with particularly strong representation in the fields of econometrics, empirical microeconomics including development, and natural resources.
- Students who wish to complement disciplinary training in Economics with research experience in applying statistical methods across the social sciences, the Department offers the Social Statistics Option.
- On Completing the MA Economics program at McGill University, Students can work as Population Studies Analyst, Tax Economist, Transportation Planner, Bank Research Analyst, Business Credit/ Loan Administrator, Consumer Credit Manager, Research Analyst, Financial Researcher.
- The average salary after economics is 47,250 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 21720 for 1 yearor 45 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Jan 15)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
Students must meet the following requirements for admission in McGill’s Arts in Economics program:
- Students must have an Honours B.A. in Economics.
- Students holding B.A whether in economics or another discipline, may also be eligible for admission.
- A GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0 is required to apply for this Arts in Economics program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- Indian students need to maintain an overall average of 60% in each year to enter into this Arts in Economics program.
- The minimum GPA required is 3.0/4.0 or students must have B grade in their bachelor’s degree.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Followings are the required document:
- Official Transcripts: Students have to submit a copy of their original transcripts.
- Letters of Reference: Students have to submit two letters of recommendation.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL or other test scores.
|fall||Jan 15, 2021|
Closed for applications.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Times Higher Education 2021
Ranked #82 / 601
Economics [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Sandhya and Swati Sharma MBA Leadership Award||$ 7823||Yes||Mar 15, 2021|
|Rotary Foundation Scholarships- Global Grants||Variable||Yes||Jun 30, 2021|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- International applicants who are applying for a Canadian Student VISA are required to have TRV (Temporary Resident Visa or ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) for entry in Canada.
- Students need these documents for student visa application:
- Proof of Acceptance
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Financial Support
- Work while studying International students on the study visa are still able to work 20 hours/week.
- Students can work part-time up to 20 hours a week combined on-campus and off-campus work during an academic session and full-time during a regularly scheduled break.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the career/job opportunities after MA Economics:
- Population Studies Analyst
- Tax Economist
- Transportation Planner
- Bank Research Analyst
- Business Credit/ Loan Administrator
- Consumer Credit Manager
- Research Analyst
- Financial Researcher