The Odette School of Business is located at the University of Windsor. It offers various programs with focus in Accounting, Marketing, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance, and Strategy. It provides an interpersonal experience to enhance the positive side of attending institutions for further education.
Why Choose Odette School of Business?
Key features at a glance:
- Webometrics ranks it 21st in Canada and 896th in the world.
- Open for non-business background students.
- Promotes and identifies curricular, scholarly, and professional outcomes.
- Programs focused on participant experience and self-development.
- Engaging social setting.
What students say?
- Supportive, collective and familial atmosphere.
- World renowned guidance and mentorship.
|Type of College||Business School|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate, Graduate, Professional|
|Total Number of Students||181|
Explore the campus of Odette School of Business
The Odette School of Business’s campus is located at the University of Windsor, in Windsor, Ontario.
The Odette School of Business offers plenty of housing facilities on campus, located at the University of Windsor.
On campus housing
|Name of Hall||Amenities|
|Alumni Hall||Two-bedroom suites (co-ed floors)|
|Cartier Hall||Open-atrium building (co-ed floors)|
|Double rooms, with semi-private bathrooms - four share bathroom|
|Laurier Hall||Traditional residence (single-gender floors)|
|Single rooms Gender-specific shared bathrooms|
|Home to the International Student Centre|
|Macdonald Hall||Traditional residence (co-ed floors)|
|Double/limited single rooms|
|Gender specific shared bathrooms.|
Off campus housing
- Plenty of options such as apartments, condos and town houses are available off campus for students’ accommodation.
- The students must keep an eye on various sites such as Craigslist, Zoeken, Indeed, for information.
- Financial Markets Lab
- Presentation and Interaction Classroom
- MBA Corporate Centre
- Michael Zin BComm Meeting Room
- Student Computer Classroom/Lab
- Provision of varsity athletics
- Library services
- Meal plans redeemable on campus.
Various programs offered by Odette Business School
Odette School of business offers programs in the following levels:
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Professional Programs
- Offers a bachelor of commerce degree and the areas of study adhere to accounting, finance, management, strategy and entrepreneurship, etc.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) is further classified into the following programs:
- MBA- professional accounting specialization.
- MBA- for Managers and Professionals.
- The professional programs include The Master of Management and Engineering Management (MEM).
All you need to know about the application process
How to apply?
There are four steps which are to be followed carefully for seeking admission to The Odette School of Business. They are:
- Determine your admission requirements.
- Apply to the University of Windsor,
- Confirm your registration.
- Pay your fees.
For domestic students
- a minimum admission average of 73% (78% for co-op) is required.
- Mean admission average of 82%
- The OSS and six Grade 12 U or M courses, inclusive of ENG4U and at least one Grade 12 U Mathematics are required.
- A minimum grade of 70% required in at least one Grade 12 U Mathematics.
For international students
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Five Passes on the General Certificate of Education including two at the Advanced or, four passes on the General Certificate of Education, including three at the Advanced Level are required.
- Two Advanced Supplementary (AS) Level courses may be substituted for an Advanced Level Course. Commerce must include Advanced Level Mathematics.
- A minimum score of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- A minimum score of 60 on the Carleton University’s Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL)
- A minimum score of 60 on the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
- A minimum score of at least 85 on the English Proficiency Test administered by the English Language Institute of the University of Michigan (MELAB)
- A minimum score of 220 with a T.W.E. 4.5 on the Computer-based Test, 83 with an essay score of 20 on the Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (T.O.E.F.L.)
For Graduate Programs (MBA)
- Applicants are to have a grade point average of 70% or above, calculated based on the last 20 courses of their qualifying degree.
- Applicants must have a minimum Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of 550, a verbal score of 26 or better and a quantitative score of 30 or better to be considered.
- Applicants must also upload the following:
- Two letters of reference
- A resume (for the managers and professionals MBA, a 5-year work experience is required. For the 14-month program, work experience is not necessary)
- A letter of intent
- A qualifying personal interview might be conducted.
English language proficiency requirements:
- Test of an English Foreign Language (TOEFL) - (600 paper, 250 computer, 100 IBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – (7.0)
- This requirement is not required if you have obtained a University degree from a North American Institution.
For MBA (Professional Accounting Specialization)
- A cumulative GPA of 70% in the previous academic degree/last 20 courses and minimum average of 70% CGPA in Core Preparatory Courses.
- A minimum GMAT score of 520.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must achieve a satisfactory score on one of the following tests (requirement not applicable for applicants having a university degree from a North American Institution):
- Test of an English Foreign Language (TOEFL) (600 paper, 250 computer, 100 IBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELST) – (7.0)
- No prior work experience is required but all applicants must submit an updated resume.
- Two letters of reference
- Qualifying interview with the Program Administrator and/or Director of MBA-PAS
For Master of Management (Mom)
(with specialization in Human resources management/ International accounting and finance/ logistics and supply chain management)
- A four-year bachelor-level degree (or equivalent) in an acceptable discipline from an academic institution approved by the University of Windsor.
- Average equivalent of a 70% or higher in undergraduate studies (when converted to University of Windsor standards)
English proficiency requirements:
- meeting or exceeding 7.0 score in the IELTS test or a TOEFL-ibt score of 100*
- Completed application form
- Application fee (payable at the time of application)
- Statement of Purpose describing your intent to study (approximately one page in length)
- Current resume
For Master Of Engineering Management (MEM)
(applicable for all)
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or a related discipline is mandatory.
- Minimum GPA must be the North American equivalent of B. Students with substantial work experience with slightly lower GPA may be subject to admission on a probationary basis.
- A minimum work experience of 2 years in an engineering related field is required.
- For non-native English speakers English proficiency requirements are: IELTS: 7.0 / iBT TOEFL: 100 scores.
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Statement of interest (maximum 500-word essay explaining your reason for choosing MEM and the University of Windsor)
- Two confidential reference letters (from most recent employer) Updated resume
- All unofficial transcripts from previously attended post-secondary institutions
- Unofficial English proficiency test scores
- For MBA, there are no deadlines as it is a rolling admission procedure. However, it is recommended that domestic candidates begin the application prior to May 1st and International candidates begin application by April 1st.
- For MBA (PAS) the deadlines are April 30th for Domestic applicants and March 1st for International applicants.
- For Master of Management, the deadline for Fall intake is March 1, 2019 and for the Winter intake, it is July 1, 2019.
- For Master of Engineering Management, the deadline for domestic students is July and for International students it is January.
- For Undergraduate Programs – 165 CAD
- For MBA Progams (All) – 150 CAD
What it costs to study in Odette School of Business?
|B.Com||5,670.92 CAD Per Term||14,616.40 CAD Per Term|
|MBA||6,169.86 CAD Per Term||9,789.39 CAD Per Term|
|Master of Management||32,00 CAD||32,00 CAD|
|Master of Engineering Management||3105.95 CAD Per Term||6,875 CAD Per Term|
|Rent||450-900 (Full Table Provided Below)|
|Name of Hall||Total Fees||Meal Plan|
|Alumni Hall||7,859 CAD||Starting From 4,630 CAD To 5,352 CAD|
|Cartier Hall||6,855 CAD|| --|
|Laurier Hall||7,222 CAD|| --|
|Macdonald Hall||5,951 CAD (Double) 7,222 CAD (Single)|| --|
Scholarships and Awards offered by Odette School of Business
Undergraduate awards provided by the School are divided into two parts-
- The Entrance awards, and
- The In-course awards.
Some of the entrance awards include:
- The Bill Eansor Award estimated at 2,500 CAD-It is awarded annually to an entering undergraduate student entering the University of Windsor. It is provided in first year on the basis of leadership ability, community involvement, and academic standing.
- Intern. Baccalaureate (IB) /Adv. Plcmt (AP) Scholarship of 1,000 CAD- It is awarded to students who have completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) or an Advanced Placement (AP) Program.
- Sigma Chi Leadership Award 2018-19 Award Value- (1,500CAD): It is awarded annually to an entering student who has demonstrated leadership skills. It is involved in extracurricular activities at school/community.
- Specialist High Skills Major Scholarship of 500 CAD is given to students who have completed the Specialist High Skills Major Program.
Work While You Study
Apart from working part time on or off campus, students can also opt for Co-op Placements provided by the College. Some of the typical placements include:
- Book keeper
- Financial analyst
- HR analyst, etc.
Work After Graduation
- Odette Career Services is an initiative started by The Odette School of Business to direct students towards a culture. It focuses on career development and employability.
- This is made available through career advising, providing on-site and on-line resources and by building partnerships with the community and industry.
Perks of being an Odette’s alumnus
- The Odette School of Business has a dedicated alumni network engaged in activities like workshops, events, newsletters, etc.
- The alumni have quite a number of notable members including Richard Peddie, President and CEO of Maple leaf Sports and Entertainment.