Odette School of Business: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The Odette School of Business has a long history with the first batch of students graduating in 1955. Based in Ontario, it is the Business school of the University of Windsor. Odette School of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and is one of the coveted names in the list of higher education institutes of Canada.
The school offers various programs with specialisations in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing and so on. With around 2000 students and 10,000 strong alumni network, the institute is an impressive place providing quality education to itd aspirants across the globe seeking to study in Canada.
Why Choose Odette School of Business?
Key features at a glance
- Webometrics ranks it 21st in Canada and 896th in the world.
- Open for non-business background students.
- Promotes and identifies curricular, scholarly, and professional outcomes.
- Programs focused on participant experience and self-development.
- Engaging in a social setting.
What students say?
- Supportive, collective and familial atmosphere.
- World renowned guidance and mentorship.
The Odette School of Business is ranked:
- 21st in Canada according to Webometrics
- 896th in the World according to Webometrics
- University of Windsor, of which Odette School of Business is a part of, is ranked 25th in Canada according to CWUR World University Rankings 2019-20
|Type of College||Business School|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate, Graduate, Professional|
|Total Number of Students||181|
Campus and Accommodation
- The Odette School of Business campus is a 5-story building with many facilities including cafes, lounges, classrooms and so on.
- There is wireless internet access facility throughout the building
- The University of which Odette School of Business is a part of, has an International Student Centre which strives to engage with the international student community on campus in meaningful and fun ways.
- It has many mechanisms to ensure safety on campus. This includes a Campus Community Police.
- Medical facilities are also available in the campus for easy access and convenience.
- The campus also has free gym facilities, provides yoga and fitness classes to meet all your fitness needs.
- There are literary and art events that happen in the campus including theatre performances, concerts and so on.
- There are multiple restaurants in the campus as well. Many top tier fast food brands provide their services as well.
- First year undergraduate students are guaranteed a place in the living in residence on campus provided you pay the deposit.
- There are single rooms, shared accommodation, “learning communities” available for living on campus.
- Meal plan is mandatory and can be used everywhere on campus including at the restaurants and vending machines.
- There are a variety of Meal plans to choose from depending on your requirements. These range from CAD 2400 to CAD 2750.
- Odette undergraduate and graduate programs promise a high level of flexibility allowing you to choose a program that is suited exactly for you.
- The flagship program at the Odette School of Business is the Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) Honours degree which is a four year program.
- The school offers combined programs as well that combine the Bachelor of Commerce degree with programs from the Department of Economics and Computer Science.
- Certificate programs are also offered to part time students.
- The Odette School of Business graduate programs offer “boutique” programs with small classroom sizes that ensure high interaction.
- Some of the graduate programs include Odette MBA, Master of Management, MBA for Managers & Professionals and so on.
Odette School of Business Application Process
Application portal: Apply online at the official website
- For Undergraduate Programs – 165 CAD
- For MBA Programs (All) – 150 CAD
How to apply?
There are four steps which are to be followed carefully for seeking admission to The Odette School of Business. They are:
- Determine your admission requirements.
- Apply to the University of Windsor,
- Confirm your registration.
- Pay your fees.
The application process for undergraduate admissions at the Odette School of Business is as follows:
- Students from Canada and the US need to apply for admissions through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC).
- Online application form is available for International students to apply for admissions.
- For the students of Canada, ENG4U and one Grade 12 U Maths. A minimum of 70% in one grade 12 U Math course.
- For the students of the US, CGPA of 3.0 or higher, along with SAT or ACT scores.
- For the students from other countries, necessary transcripts of High School education to be provided along with results of English language proficiency exams.
The application process for graduate admissions at the Odette School of Business is as follows:
- You can apply for admissions either through the UWindsor application portal or through an authorised educational agent.
- The deadlines for application for various programs vary from one another.
- It is highly recommended for the International Students especially, to start the application process 8-12 months in advance.
- The necessary documents as required by the different graduate programs will need to be uploaded.
The deadlines for application are as follows:
- May 1 for Fall Admissions
- Sept 1 for Winter Admissions
- Jan 1 for Spring Admissions
Odette School of Business Cost of Attendance
An estimated cost of living in Canada for candidates enrolling in different courses at the institute is as compiled below.
- The base tuition for Canadian students enrolling in an undergraduate program will be CAD 4381.
- The base tuition for International students enrolling in an undergraduate program will be CAD 15,000.
- The approximate cost of attendance for a student from Canada enrolling in an undergraduate program in Business will come up to CAD 5640.
- The approximate cost of attendance for an International Student enrolling in an undergraduate program in Business will come up to CAD 17,101.
- The approximate cost of attendance for a Canadian student enrolling in an MBA program will come up to CAD 9894.
- The approximate cost of attendance for an International student enrolling in an MBA program will come up to CAD 14,640.
|Rent||450-900 (Full Table Provided Below)|
|Name of Hall||Total Fees||Meal Plan|
|Alumni Hall||7,859 CAD||Starting From 4,630 CAD To 5,352 CAD|
|Cartier Hall||6,855 CAD||--|
|Laurier Hall||7,222 CAD||--|
|Macdonald Hall||5,951 CAD (Double) 7,222 CAD (Single)||--|
Financial Aid for International Students
There are several opportunities to access financial aid for your education at Odette School of Business since the institute provides various awards and scholarships in Canada for international students. Some of them are as follows:
- UWindsor Open Entrance Scholarships.
- Study in Canada Scholarship provided by Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- Outstanding Scholars Award
Scholarships and awards are provided upon admission and no separate application is required for the same.
Some of the entrance awards include:
- The Bill Eansor Award estimated at 2,500 CAD-It is awarded annually to an undergraduate student entering the University of Windsor. It is provided in the first year on the basis of leadership ability, community involvement, and academic standing.
- Intern. Baccalaureate (IB) /Adv. Plcmt (AP) Scholarship of 1,000 CAD- It is awarded to students who have completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) or an Advanced Placement (AP) Program.
- Sigma Chi Leadership Award 2018-19 Award Value- (1,500CAD): It is awarded annually to an entering student who has demonstrated leadership skills. It is involved in extracurricular activities at school/community.
- Specialist High Skills Major Scholarship of 500 CAD is given to students who have completed the Specialist High Skills Major Program.
Work While You Study
Apart from working part time on or off campus, students can also opt for Co-op Placements provided by the College. Some of the typical placements include:
- Financial analyst
- HR analyst, etc.
Work After Graduation
- Odette Career Services is an initiative started by The Odette School of Business to direct students towards a culture. It focuses on career development and employability.
- This is made available through career advising, providing on-site and on-line resources and by building partnerships with the community and industry.
- The Odette School of Business has a dedicated alumni network engaged in activities like workshops, events, newsletters, etc.
- The alumni have quite a number of notable members including Richard Peddie, President and CEO of Maple leaf Sports and Entertainment.
Regular Decision Deadlines
After searching for various business schools with a variety of programs Odette seemed to be perfect for me. I had to fill an online application form on the official website. After the acknowledgment, I had to create an UWinsite account to keep a track of my application progress. Later I had to submit the high school passing certificate and official transcripts. Within 4-5 weeks, I received the confirmation.
Course Curriculum :
My course covers every aspect of the business, right from creating it to expanding its reach. The course covers major topics like Strategic management , International Business, and Entrepreneurship. It further gives an in-depth knowledge of business management, strategic analysis, case studies and many other practical aspects of business.
Odette School of Business is one of the world's finest ranked universities with a very good world ranking. The application process includes submitting recommendation letter, resume, statements, official scores, transcripts, application form, etc. I applied through an online application. My 12th graduation marks of 92 % also helped me to take my application a step forward.
Course Curriculum :
After the first year, we were sent for a summer internship. We are getting well trained before getting placed. Electives helps us make our course customized. Our faculties focusses on practical training. There are a lot of real-world projects during our curriculum which makes us completely prepared during jobs.
My time here has provided me with a rich and cultivating educational experience. My life changed after taking admission in the course. I was able to see a new world. For taking admission in the course I submitted some of my documents and also appeared for the entrance exam.
Course Curriculum :
I am provided with a personalized preparation for a successful career in business. The unique program offers me a fast-paced learning environment using an experiential approach to education. Non-business background students are also welcomed in the course.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary