School of Business, University of Alberta Edmonton Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fee & Scholarships
Alberta School of Business (ASB) is affiliated to a public institution named University of Alberta (UoA) located in an urban setting, in Edmonton, Canada. The organization is one of the world’s leading institutions of business education and research and a renowned name in the list of prestigious higher education institutes of Canada.
The institute offers Management, Accounting and Research programs. With the acceptance rate of 51%, Alberta School of Business offers admissions to 2,925 undergraduate and 932 graduate students. The institute charges a non-refundable application fee of 125 CAD and 100 CAD from its undergraduates and graduates, respectively.
It is a prestigious organization in the country with an employment rate of over 85% and a co-op employment rate of more than 90%. Thus, the school can help its graduates land some of the high-paying jobs in Canada with the initial salary package of around 51,000 to 53,000 CAD.
Alberta School of Business Rankings
Different rankings surveys have ranked the institute at the following positions:
|QS Rankings||World university rankings-masters in finance||#101|
|QS Rankings||EMBA Global Ranking||#80|
|QS Rankings||EMBA-North America||#32|
|Financial Times Rankings||Business Education||#63|
|THE Rankings||Business and economic-Global||#90|
|THE Rankings||Business and Economics-Canada||#4|
|Shanghai Rankings||Business Administration-Canada||#3|
|Shanghai Rankings||Business Administration-Global||#34|
|Total Student population||2,925|
|Percentage of international students||30%|
|Mode of study||Full-time, Part-time|
|Undergraduate Tuition fee-annual||28,281 CAD|
|Test accepted||GRE/GMAT and PTE/TOEFL/IELTS|
Alberta School of Business Campus and Accommodation
- ASB campus has an overall size of 230 acres. The campus is commuter in nature and provides an effective library system, computer lab facilities and smart classes.
- Convenient on-campus health clinic and UAlberta Career Centre that provides the information and expertise related to career and employment.
- ASB has a total of 2882 students, out of which 850 are graduates.
- The university has over 450 student clubs which include Residence Associations, Hobby/Interest, Religious and Social Justice, etc.
- Almost 1000 students are currently living off-campus safely with full security.
- The university has a Lister Hall where first-year graduates and student leaders reside.
- Some of the services provided are communal kitchens, study libraries, laundry and exercise facilities and Lister dining hall, etc.
- Other than Lister Hall, the university has various other residences as well.
Alberta School of Business Courses
- ABS offers over 200 programs within each of its seven departments.
- The college offers Bachelor’s of Commerce (B.Com) program with 16 different majors
- Full-time, part-time, Fast Track and Executive MBA programs are offered at graduate levels.
- These MBA programs deal with a range of topics- Finance, Marketing, International Business and Natural Resource Management, etc.
- Other than MBA programs, the college also offers a degree in Master of Accounting (MAcc).
Alberta School of Business Application Process
How to apply?
Application Portal: Through the Alberta Post-secondary Application System named ApplyAlberta.
The application fee for undergraduate students is 125 CAD and 100 CAD for graduate students.
- Applicants are required to meet the minimum requirements specified by the university:
- Students require a minimum GPA of 2.3 to get enrolled in an undergraduate program and 3.0 for graduate programs.
- GMAT or GRE scores are required for the graduate programs admissions.
- Some other additional documents required by the applicants are:
- All official academic transcripts, certificates, or grade records from the institution that you received your secondary education.
- Statement of intent, resume and reference letters are required for admissions in graduate programs.
- Along with these documents, work experience is also required for graduate admissions.
- International students are required to have Study Permit to study in Canada.
- Minimum required score for English proficiency test:
Alberta School of Business Cost of Attendance
The cost of living in Canada for an international student is as mentioned below
- Annual Tuition Fees: 28,281.60 CAD
- Monthly Living Expenses: 1,640 CAD-2,160 CAD
Alberta School of Business Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Financial aid is provided in the forms of awards, loans, work-study and scholarships in Canada for international students.
- The university offers CAD 28 million each year in the form of scholarships, awards, and other financial support to students of undergraduate programs.
- International students requiring financial aid can apply for International Undergraduate Student Bursary after the fulfillment of certain eligibility criteria.
- All students admitted to the MBA program are offered the entrance awards up to CAD 1,500.
- Last year, over CAD 1 million was offered to MBA students in the form of entrance awards, bursaries or scholarships.
- MBA students are also eligible for research or teaching assistant positions for first-year MBA core courses.
Alberta School of Business Alumni Network
- The university has around 30,000 alumni living in 80 different countries all over the world.
- The Business Alumni Association of the university has established an Alumni Mentorship Program to help recent graduates connect with the older alumni.
- Some of the famous alumni are:
- Kate Latos, CEO of Ecofence & Decking Ltd.
- Siju Varghese, Business Account Manager at Royal Bank of Canada
- Cassian Soltykevych, Owner of Urban Block Media
- The university magazine features all the alumni updates from around the world.
Alberta School of Business Placements
- The career connect is an online tool for job postings, career developments, and employee recruitment.
- The graduate employment of Alberta business school for the year 2020 is 78% with a co-op employment rate of 89%.
- The average starting salary of the graduates is around 50,576 CAD.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #101 - #125
RANKED #101 - #125
Being a commerce student I always wanted to pursue a marketing degree. After going through the process I selected the School of Business, University of Alberta. I applied to the university with the help of an online application.
Course Curriculum :
This graduate-level course involves an in-depth study of international business, including issues related to management, marketing, and finance. An up to date course curriculum is provided to us. The latest concepts and theories are included.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary