Nipissing University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in December of 1992, the Nipissing University is a public institute in North Bay, Ontario, Canada known for its excellence in teacher education, arts, science and professional programs. The 27 year old University has been home to more than 100,000. The enrollment for the latest term at this renowned higher education institute of Canada is more than 5,000 students which include more than 4% international students.
The university offers more than 40 programs out of which more than 15 courses are offered to the undergraduate students. Officially accredited by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, Ontario, the institute observes a student-faculty ratio of 26:1 which ensures quality education and individual attention for all its candidates. It even offers free tuition for first-year students who have an average of 90% or more.
The institute has a research funding of CAD 350000 from NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR and is thus a coveted choice among candidates across the globe. Nipissing University admissions are avuvale in 3 iatkos of Fall, Winter and Summer and has an acceptance rate of over 60% which makes it a moderately selective organization in the country. University graduates have an employment rate of around 91% within the first six months post completing their degrees and thus end up landing some of the brilliant high-paying jobs in Canada.
- The university is ranked #1 for Student Services programs across Ontario.
- It is further ranked #2 across the nation for Undergraduate Studies.
- The institute has also been honored at 56th in Canada by webometrics rankings survey.
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Programs||50|
|Number of Students||4,833|
|Number of Undergraduate students||4,645|
|Number of Graduate students||153|
|Number of International students||36|
|Tuition Fee Range||CAD 12,500- CAD 15,000|
|Test scores accepted||TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, CAEL, PTE, CAE, IB|
|Minimum Test Scores Required||IELTS-6.5, TOEFL-86|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- Nipissing University’s campus is centrally located in Ontario near Lake Nipissing in the North Bay
- The campus shares a vibrant destination with 3.5 hours drive from Toronto and 4 hours drive from Ottawa.
- The University is accessible to the nearest train and airport facilities at a routine 15 minutes journey.
- The university runs a private portal that provides the students with necessities ranging from textbooks and accessories to the official merchandise of the University.
- It is rated as the safest place to study in Canada with a total population of North Bay counted at 54,000.
- It also has a second campus Brantford which is a satellite campus of Nipissing University and offers professional development courses and part-time masters of education courses.
- The institute provides accommodation to its students in either the suite-styled or townhouse-style complexes available on the campus.
- The on-campus residence halls are granted only to the Undergraduate students. Graduate students are not applicable to this program.
- The Suite-styled complex accommodates 4 students at a time. Whereas, the Townhouse-styled complex accommodates 6 students at a time.
- Some common amenities include:
- Smoke-free accommodation policy
- Centralized CCTV security
- Personalized television in the living room and bedroom
- Games room
- Social lounges
- The university provides a plethora of courses for international students including undergraduate, graduate and certification courses.
- The University offers more than 40 undergraduates, 7 graduate and 17 certification programs annually.
- These programs are divided into 2 faculties and 4 schools which are as follows:
- Faculty of Applied and Professional Studies
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- Schulich School of Education
- School of Graduate Studies
- School of Nursing
- School of Business
- School of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- School of Human and Social Development
- The most popular programs for undergraduate studies include Computer Science, Economics, Nursing, Business, History, among otters.
- Some reputed graduation programs are Master of Arts in History, Master of Arts in Sociology, Master of Education, Master of Environmental Studies, Master of Science in Mathematics, Master of Science in Kinesiology
- It also offers flex time for working professionals to study while continuing employment. They can choose from the schedules like online via Blackboard Learn; on-site over a series of weeknight sessions; on-site over a series of weekends.
Nipissing University Application Process
How to apply?
Application portal: Applicants shall apply for online applications at the Ontario Universities’ Application Center (OUAC)
Application Fee: CAD 130
Application deadline: Applicants should send in their application requests before January 1 to be considered for priority admissions.
Biasc Admission Requirements: Applicants must follow the checklist of documents to avoid any last-minute rejection:
- Official transcripts of high school or equivalent secondary school attended.
- Proof of name change if the name differs in the high transcripts and admission form.
- Scorecard of English Proficiency Test taken. Applicants can check the expected cutoff for consideration of their application:
General Requirements for undergraduate programs
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age.
- Scanned copies of original transcripts of secondary school grades.
- Proof of English Language proficiency.
General Requirement for Graduate programs
- Letter of Intent
- Proof of graduation (copy of degree certificate, provisional certificate, marks sheets, etc.)
- Transcripts from post-secondary studies
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Reference
Nipissing University Cost of Attendance
For all the prospective students of the institute seeking admission in the coming sessional term, an estimated cost of living in Canada is as been tabulated below
|Tuition||CAD 13,000-CAD 23,300|
|Ancillary Fees||1,100 CAD|
|Bus Pass||250 CAD|
|Books and Supplies||2,000 CAD|
The due dates for the submission of payment are as follows:
|Fall fees||6th September|
|Winter fees||10th January|
The university runs an exclusive chain of scholarships in Canada for international students. More than 75% of students renew their scholarships every term. The last date for scholarship form submission is April 1.
A few notable scholarships available for the students include:
- Chancellor’s Award: CAD 10,000
- Schulich Education Scholarships: CAD 7,000
- Entrance Awards: CAD 500-CAD 3,000
- President’s Scholarship: 3,000 CAD
- Carl Sanders Scholarship: 2,500 CAD
- Schulich Education Scholarship: 7,000 CAD
Nipissing University has a strong alumni network of 34,000. Alumni regularly organize activities and events, which range from special interest activities. The institute offers a number of benefits to its alumni like access cards to avail discounts at partnered stores and services, insurance assistance, etc.
Some of the Past Recipients of the Distinguished Award are Aengus Finnan, Sylvie Vannier, Kristopher Stevens and Rob Graham, Paul Heinrich and Dr. Glynn Sharpe, Ted Weltz, Kimberly Burley and Judy Derick, Philomena Bonis, among others.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www.nipissingu.ca/departments/office-registrar/how-to-apply
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
My cousin sister had done her undergraduate degree from this university and when she came to know that I was thinking of which university would be best to apply to, she suggested this university for its academic excellence and warmth. I had applied through the online portal along with $130 and had mailed my transcripts to the University Admissions office.
Course Curriculum :
My program was really good. I learnt a great deal on subjects such as international business,finance and entrepreneurship. The skills I learnt through this program , have given me the confidence to start my own business in the near future.
I first found out about nipissing through a school fair at my school. It was a really awesome course and the gentleman giving the presentation was fantastic. After farther research I finically got to go see the school and I felt super at home right away. The program was the best I had seen and the Nipissing community was everything I imagined for my university career! Alsng with feeling so at home the class sizes and student services/activities available here were amazing and just want I wanted!
Course Curriculum :
So far it's been really great. All of my courses are either helping me pursue my career in policing or helping with General life skills. The course curriculum is expected to get better and I'm excited to have things even more specific towards policing as a career!
It had very small class sizes that allowed the profs to get to know they're students better which I think is really important. Also, their dorms are more like apartments with separate bedrooms, a kitchenette, and a bathroom you only share with one other person.
Course Curriculum :
My program focuses a lot on the law but there are some classes that are just unnecessary. For example, learning classical and contemporary sociology may be interesting but it adds no value to what I want to be and the same with the required six credits of science.
I read that the class sizes were smaller which would provide me with better interactions with professors. The nursing program there is spectacular with a great simulation program to allow students to act out real-life situations on a fake patient.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is good however many of the classes taught were common sense (ethics, leadership, etc.). I learned everything I know from labs and from my clinical practice, not from the courses.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary