St. Thomas More College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
St. Thomas More College was established in 1936 by the Congregation of Saint Basil in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. It is a Catholic undergraduate liberal college affiliated to the University of Saskatchewan. The college is accredited by the “Ministry of Advanced Education of Saskatchewan.”
St. Thomas More offers over 250 courses covering more than 18 subject areas at the undergraduate level with a liberal arts focus. Any student enrolled at the University of Saskatchewan can select programs offered by the college. Classes of the St. Thomas More College is a part of the degree offered by the University of Saskatchewan.
St. Thomas More College Rankings
St. Thomas More College was honoured in the top 500 Arts and Humanities institutes by THE World Rankings, 2020.
|Parent Institution||University of Saskatchewan|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Number of Students||5,000+|
|Number of faculty||115+|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, bursaries, and awards|
St. Thomas More College Campus
- St. Thomas More College campus is a part of the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada.
- Students can actively participate in 8 student clubs and organizations such as Development and Peace Just Youth, In Media Res, Newman Centre, Newman Players, Newman Sounds, Newman Tech Crew, Student’s Union, etc.
- The College has a campus ministry that helps in facilitating programs, foster growth, and enhances the student’s living and studying in the college. It helps in providing guidance to the students and any kind of support as well.
- The campus offers sports and other recreational facilities, a library with over 50,000 resources, cafeteria, auditorium, classrooms, chapel and an art gallery.
St. Thomas More College Residence
- St. Thomas More College provides campus residence through the University of Saskatchewan.
- The College offers for residence and has various major options like Voyageur Place, College Quarter, McEown Park, and the Graduate House.
- The College also has affiliations for off-campus housing and provides homestay options and fees for the same.
- The facilities for each of the halls include kitchen, study space, well-furnished bedrooms, laundry rooms, connected space, wardrobe, chairs, TV, Wi-Fi, cable connection, laundry facility etc.
- The rent for various on-campus accommodation options are as follows:
|College Quarter (Fall and winter rates)||6,792 CAD to 8,832 CAD|
|McEown Park (Fall and winter rates)||4,056 CAD
Room offer acceptance fee - 507 CAD
|Graduate House (Fall and winter rates)||877 CAD to 1,446 CAD per month|
|Voyageur Place (Fall and winter rates)||9,240 CAD to 10,250 CAD
Room offer acceptance fee - 1,000 CAD
St. Thomas More College Courses
- St. Thomas More College offers a wide variety of programs to its students.
- Program offerings include over 240 course options in more than 18 areas of study.
- The College offers additional 250 courses in the Arts and Science domain in a variety of subject areas including Anthropology, Interdisciplinary Studies, Archaeology, Latin, Literature, Art History, Political Studies, Psychology, and a lot more.
- Some of the unique majors, minors and certificates offered by the college include Major in Philosophy, Minor in Critical Perspectives, Minor in Catholic Studies, Minor in Ukranian Studies and Jewish and Christian Origins Certificate.
- The College lays focus on teaching the following subjects:
- Humanities - English, History, Languages and Linguistics, Philosophy, Religious Studies
- Social Science - Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Political Studies, Psychology, Sociology
- The Engaged Learning and Study Abroad Office of the college offers students the service and volunteering opportunities locally as well as abroad.
St. Thomas More College Application Process
St. Thomas More College has differences in the deadlines and requirements for non-direct programs. The College welcomes applications for the Fall, Winter, Summer, and Spring semesters. Moreover, international applicants must go through the admission process carefully since they are required to fulfill additional requirements.
How to Apply?
Applicants seeking admission to the St. Thomas More College must take note of the following details.
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: 90 CAD (some programs have no application fee)
Application Deadline: Winter - September 1; Spring - February 1; Summer - March 1; Fall - June 1
Admission Requirements: The following documents must be attached along with the application for admission:
- Official transcripts of high school or secondary school
- Educational history
- Pre-requisites as per the course
- Reference letters
- Immigration documents such as copy of passport, financial documents, bank statement
- Proof of English language proficiency: The College accepts the following English language proficiency scores from international students:
St. Thomas More College Cost of Attendance
- The cost of attendance for the international students at St. Thomas More College is given in the table below:
|Direct entry colleges||18,053 CAD to 23,901 CAD|
|Non-direct entry colleges (some colleges like dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are not available for international students)||17,687 CAD to 67,347 CAD|
- Other fees besides the tuition fee include:
|Student fee (fall and winter)||892 CAD|
|Textbooks and supplies||1,500 CAD to 2,500 CAD per year|
|Residence and housing rates||Varies*|
*The estimated cost of living in Canada depends on the preferences and lifestyle of the student.
St. Thomas More College Scholarships/Financial Aid
- St. Thomas More College provides grants, scholarships, bursaries and support to the students who apply to the College.
- The College awards 200,000 CAD additional scholarships, awards and bursaries for students every year.
- The College offers a guaranteed entrance scholarship based on the scores of the student. The criteria and amount awarded are as follows:
|93% to 94.9%||2,000 CAD|
|90% to 92.9%||1,000 CAD|
|85% to 89.9%||500 CAD|
- The College also offers awards to international students such as:
- University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Award - 10,000 CAD
- International Baccalaureate Excellence Awards - 20,000 CAD
- Canadian Curriculum School Award - 15,000 CAD
- Council of International Schools Award - 15,000 CAD
- Students must submit their admission application by February 15 for scholarship consideration and complete the PAWS application by March 1.
St. Thomas More College Alumni Network
- St. Thomas More College has 10,000+ alumni residing all over the world.
- The College provides its alumni with several awards like Distinguished Alumni award, St. Thomas More Medal, Order of Canada Recipients, Rhodes Scholars, etc.
- The students can also nominate a classmate or a friend who they think are capable of getting the awards.
- The College engages in organizing events and reunions for the alumni to meet each other and stay connected.
St. Thomas More College Placements
St. Thomas More College engages in organising fairs and events each semester for the employers and students to participate. The College organises workshops and events for helping students to build their resume, learn new skills, career assessment, mock interviews and acquire skills for a better career.
Times Higher Education
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #401 - #500
My college had a unique and privileged obligation to provide a dynamic student-centered intellectual experience for all who entrust their post-secondary future. We were greeted with great confidence to provide a scholarly environment that fosters original research, teaching excellence, and academic rigor. My GPA was around 8. Taken together, these empowered us to discover and cultivate our own abilities, to seek meaning and purpose, to nurture a life-long passion for knowledge and truth. I had applied to the university through an online application form.
Course Curriculum :
My program of Minor in Critical Perspectives on Social Justice and the Common Good is an interdisciplinary course of study using the collected insights of various academic disciplines designed to prepare students to be responsible critics of contemporary societies and effective agents for positive social transformation. I had learned to reflect on the causes and structures of injustice and approaches to social change at interpersonal, communal, national, and global levels. As a central concept in Catholic thought on social justice, the Minor will explore the role of the common good in the religious, ethical, philosophical, and social science traditions.
When I was searching for the college in Canada to pursue my higher studies, I applied in 4 colleges including St. Thomas More College. And due to the quick response, I choose this college. I got an offer letter within a week from St. Thomas. Also, I paid an application fee of the amount of $90 as I applied online through the official website.
Course Curriculum :
I am studying Bachelor of Arts Honours in Philosophy. The course touches almost every area of study, as all major developments in Biology, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, and Psychology. This course curriculum helps students to examine morality, the nature of mind, and the structure of human thinking.
- Train Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary