Trinity Western University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Trinity Western University was originally established in 1957 as a Christian College in Canada. In 1962 they formed their very own junior college and in 1985, they established a full-fledged accredited university with a unique vision for Christian liberal arts and sciences education in Canada. Today it is among the largest independent Christian liberal arts institutions in Canada with a total enrollment of about 5,000 students every year into a variety of streams.
Their main aim is to produce positive, goal-oriented leaders who place their beliefs in serving god and inculcating positive values. Trinity University has a number of undergraduate and graduate courses that have been divided into various schools and colleges including Humanities, Sciences, Arts, Media, Education, Business, Nursing, and Human Kinetics. They also have a separate graduate school for students looking for admission to graduate programs. For students who do not have adequate knowledge of English, the university provides one-year pathway programs before the start of their degree.
- Trinity Western University is ranked among the top two universities in Canada for Educational Experience by the National Survey of Student Engagement according to Maclean’s magazine.
- In 2018, it was ranked as #267 in top universities of the world by the Best Global Universities Ranking.
- It is also ranked as one of the fairly good colleges for university sports and athletics.
- It has been listed as #59th in Canada 2020 QS Global World University Rankings list 2020.
|Total number of Students||5,000|
|Number of Programs||60|
|Intake sessions||Summer, Spring, and Fall|
|Minimum TOEFL score||Overall 88|
|Minimum IELTS score||Overall 6.5 with at least 6.0 in the writing section|
|Minimum GPA for Graduate courses||3.0|
|Work Experience||Required for some courses|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Loans, and Grants|
- Trinity Western University has a campus area of 157 acres and is located close to Langley, BC.
- It has several campus extensions in Richmond, Ottawa, and Bellingham.
- Athletics is widely regarded at TWU and the campus offers an entire Fitness center and Gymnasium with newly renovated locker and shower rooms.
- Other outdoor recreational facilities include tennis courts, volleyball courts, and a Sports field.
- It also has a vast library with 225,000 print holds as well as electronic books which is open 24/7 for students to visit.
- Student Clubs like Philosophy Club, Music Guild, and Student Business association provide a holistic and fulfilling experience to all its students.
- Trinity Western University provides over seven different housing locations for students to choose from which are 5-10 minutes walk away from the campus facilities.
- TWU provides housing to 1,100 students out of nearly 5,000 admits.
- Each residence hall is divided into small groups of 14-22 students and every student is assisted by a Resident Assistant.
- Most of the halls are co-ed with shared rooms depending on the year of admission. They have different floor plans and rooms for different ages of students.
- Common facilities include community lounges, high-speed ethernet, wireless internet, community kitchen, laundry services, vending machines, and television.
- Special rooms and assistants are reserved for physically disabled students.
- Trinity Western University has over 10 different schools offering
- 48 undergraduate degrees
- 19 graduate programs
- Special degrees including summer programs, fast track bachelor’s degree, foreign semester degrees, etc.
- TWU offers various programs in a variety of subjects like Biblical Studies, Biotechnology, Business and Administration, Computing Science, Education, English, Linguistics, Music, Media and Communication, Mathematics, Nursing, Psychology, Kinesiology, Sciences, Sports, Social Sciences, and more
- Their graduate programs include specializations in subjects of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought, Business, Educational Leadership, Interdisciplinary Humanities, Linguistics, Leadership, and Nursing.
- They also offer summer programs and professional programs which are oriented at providing industry-based knowledge to students looking for direct employability.
Every year, Trinity University receives about 13% of international students for their undergraduate and graduate programs, the majority of students are from Canada or the USA. International students seeking admissions at TWU can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Application Portal: Online
- Application fee: 75 CAD
- Application Deadlines:
- For UG admissions- Fall Entry: 15 January, Spring: 15 November
- Admission in graduate courses varies depending on the courses.
- Application Documents:
- High School transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL/IELTS)
- International Credit Transfer Evaluation Report
- Statement of Purpose
- Students applying for graduate programs are required to submit additional GMAT or GRE test scores depending on their choice of study.
- Most graduate courses require students to score a minimum GPA of 3.0 for admission at Trinity Western University.
- Graduate Applicants have to provide additional documents like letters of reference, academic statements, Resume, as well as appear for an online interview.
- Some courses might also require compulsory subjects to be studied in the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Students might also be required to send an affidavit of financial proof to avail of the I-20 Visa form to apply for a Canadian Study Visa after being selected for admission.
Cost of Attendance
- For international candidates aspiring to study at the university, it is mandatory to have an estimate of the cost of living in Canada.
- The various approximate costs are mentioned below:
|Expense||Undergraduate (Cost in CAD)||Graduate (Cost in CAD)|
May vary according to programs
|Housing (standard dorm room)||4,400||4,400|
|Meal Plan (14 meals per week)||4,826||4,826|
|Books and Supplies||1,500||May Vary|
|Medical Insurance (per year)||900||900|
|Student Fees||35 per credit||35 per credit|
Financial Aid for International Students
- Trinity Western University offers a variety of financial aid for undergraduate and graduate students in the forms of scholarships, loans, grants, research scholarships, Church contributions, and employment programs.
- 97% of students receive some kind of need-based or merit-based financial help at TWU.
- Some of the scholarships offered by the university are:
- Trinity Western Founder’s Scholarship: 5,000 CAD given to students with strong academic ability. Applications are accepted by April 1.
- Musical Arts Scholarship: Up To 3,000 CAD given to students with exceptional talent in vocal, piano or instrumental performance.
- Athletic Scholarship: Amount varies
- Students can also explore the possibility of external scholarships for studying in Canada that are conducted throughout the year by the governments.(11)
- TWU also provides a summer employment program to undergraduate students to earn 8,000 CAD for working 40 hours.
- To be eligible for financial aid programs, students have to show consistently good academic performance and interest in their field of study with a cumulative 2.00 GPA.
- The alumni association helps the university stay connected with its alumni and update them about the ongoing campus activities.
- Alumni are also deeply engaged in electing the administrative staff and presidents of the university.
- Notable alumni include:
- Philipp H Wiebe - Professor of Philosophy at Trinity Western University
- Carolyn Arends - Author, songwriter, and musician
- Roger Cross - Television & screen actor
- Statistics show that 92% of TWU graduates get employed within 3 months of the completion of their studies.
- The average starting salary of the graduates is around 65,000 CAD.
- The college provides its students with a number of employability workshops to increase their employability score.(13)
- Around 96% of co-op students are employed within 6 months of graduation and the salary of an MBA co-op student is 1,00,580 CAD.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://apply.twu.ca/ApplicantPortal2/ERx_Forms__Portal_Login
Early Action Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
QS World University
One of my relatives lives there in Canada. They were inviting me for so long but due to my schooling, I don't have time to go to them. But after completing high school I decided to pursue my bachelor's from Canada and spend time with them. Therefore I applied to this university through their official website by paying an application fee of $150.
Course Curriculum :
Through the program, we gain expertise in their area, as well as character development, as we learn to navigate between technology and society from a distinctly Christian worldview. We from the computing science program stand out as confident professionals and choose from a variety of career paths.
I had applied to this university as it was recommended to me by my high school teacher. She knew that I wanted to pursue studies in Business Administration so she had suggested that I apply here. I had applied online, submitted my high school documents and paid a non refundable application fee of around $150.
Course Curriculum :
The program was really excellent and my major was in International Business. Some of the subjects I had learnt, included - International Marketing and Leadership in the Global Context.
I like the location and beliefs of the school. I wanted to go to this university because I wanted to have a sense of community and a group of people around me who have similar beliefs to mine. I wanted to go out of state as well.
Course Curriculum :
I enjoy the courses that I am taking for my English major in the school of humanities, but I think there should be more options when it comes to the core curriculum and classes that we are required to take.
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary