University Canada West Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
University Canada West is a private, for-profit, university in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It offers undergraduate and post-graduate programs in business and management.
- Webometrics World Rank: 13488
- Purely business and commerce-based university.
- Indian students among the top runners in international student enrolment.
- In 2015, University Canada West was acquired by the Global University Systems group.
- Urban campus in Vancouver, Canada.
|Nature of University||Private, For-profit|
|Total number of nationalities (of students on campus)||34|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Language Tests||IELTS - Minimum band 6|
Campus and Location Advantage
- Campus location in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Urban campus- well-connected to all parts of Vancouver by public transport.
- Multiple opportunities for part-time and full-time employment
No on-campus residence. Off-campus options are:
- Homestay Accommodation: Live with a family in Vancouver - First Choice International Placement: www.fciplacement.com
- Individual Housing: Rent Hello - www.ucanwest.renthello.com and Mainstreet - mainst.biz
- Shared Accommodation: Visit GEC or Vanmates -www.studenthotel.ca and www.vanmates.com
- Temporary Living near UCW: Cambie Seymour Hostel - cambiehostelsdowntown.com
- Delta Vancouver Suites - www.deltavancouversuites.ca
- Ramada Limited Downtown Vancouver - www.ramadadowntownvancouver.com/
Preparatory courses, undergraduate and graduate programs in business and commerce.
- University Pathway Program- For any of UCW’s undergraduate degree programs after class 11.
- University Access Program - English language preparation course for students lacking sufficient English language skills.
- MBA Foundation
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts in Business communication
- Master of Business Administration
All About Application Process
- Original official transcripts of all previous post-secondary institutions.
- Official copy of the degree completion certificate.
- Resume/ CV.
- Letter of Intent/ Statement of Purpose.
- Photocopy of the information page of a valid passport or existing student permit or student visa.
- IELTS score for English proficiency proof.
- For Master’s degree: Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score
- For MBA: Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score
English Language Requirements
- IELTS 6.5 with a minimum 6.0.
- University Canada West’s University Access Program
- BC English 12 or English 12 First Peoples (or equivalent) with minimum 65% (C) or more in Canada as part of 10+2 studies.
- International Baccalaureate English A1/A2 or English Literature and Performance.
- 3 credit university transfer academic English course with at least grade C grade from a Canadian post-secondary institution.
Steps to Apply
- Download PDF format application form
- Fill in details and submit it on the UCanWest website.
- Pay non-refundable student deposit sum after acceptance.
Tuition fees should be paid through one of the following methods:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Cheque to University Canada West
- Money Order to University Canada West
- Wire Transfer
- Online Payment
First term tuition deposit charges are as follows:
- All levels of study- CAD 500.
- 1st term undergraduate tuition deposit for international students: CAD 6,466
- 1st term MBA tuition deposit for international students: CAD 6,629.50
- 1st term MBA Foundation tuition deposit for international and domestic students: CAD 7,066
|Level of Studies||Domestic (Canadian Dollars)||International (Canadian Dollars)|
|Undergraduate Programs ||CAD 7,632 (Year 1 to 3)|
CAD 2,544 (Year 4)
|CAD 18,900 (Year 1 to 3)|
CAD 6,300 (Year 4)
|MBA||CAD 14,040 (Year 1)|
CAD 9,360 (Year 2)
|CAD 19,440 (Year 1)|
CAD 12,960 (Year 2)
|MBA Foundation||CAD 5,100||CAD 6,900|
- Awards, scholarships and grants are available to new students.
- Application deadline: Minimum one fortnight before commencement of first term at UCW.
- Avail of ONE (1) award, scholarship or grant.
- A list of scholarships is given below:
|Grant Name||Undergraduate level (Canadian Dollars)||Graduate Level (Canadian Dollars)|
|University Canada West Founder’s Scholarship||Full Tuition||-|
|International Student Leaders Award||CAD 12,000 or CAD 8,000||CAD 7,500 or CAD 5,000|
|Scholarships for Academic Excellence ||CAD 2,000 to CAD 20,000||CAD 2,500 to CAD 10,000|
|MBA Foundation Study Grant||CAD 5,000||CAD 6,500|
|The Emily Baker Scholarship||-||Full Tuition for MBA program|
|LATAM Regional Grant||CAD 18,900||CAD 9,720|
|Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) Regional Grant||CAD 18,900||CAD 9,720|
|Special Targeted Regional Award Program||Upto CAD 5000||Upto CAD 5000|
|Canada 150 Tuition Concession for the Armed Forces||10% concession in tuition fees||10% concession in tuition fees|
|Live Our Vision of Education (L.O.V.E.) Undergraduate Scholarship||CAD 3,000||CAD 5,000|
- For students who can demonstrate financial need.
- Government will sponsor full or part of full time student fees
- Repayment of loans: after six months of completing graduation.
- Student aid programs:
- Alberta Students Finance
- Student Aid BC
- Manitoba Student Aid
- New Brunswick Student Financial Services
- New Foundland and Labrador Student Aid
- Nova Scotia Student Assistance
- Ontario Student Assistance Plan
- Prince Edward Island Student Financial Services
- Saskatchewan Integrated Student Loans Program
- To pursue a degree program in Canada.
- Issued by the CIC.
- Apply to the nearest Canadian Consulate or Canadian Embassy after receiving a letter of acceptance.
- As a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), UCW is issued the DLI number O19377235822.
- Documents required:
- Copy of your acceptance letter
- Copy of your upfront medical exam confirmation
- Proof of a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD 10,000
- Proof pf payment for tuition fees for your first year of study, and
- Proof of English language proficiency International English Language Testing System - band 6
- If required, for French language proficiency a TEF score of 7 and above.
- International students: after starting full-time studies.
- Attended full-time for at least 6 months
- GPA should be above 2.
- Post-Graduation Work Permit after completion of full-time degree.
- UCW alumni are invited to keep their details in the UCW Alumni registry.
- UCW offers networking, collaboration and career development opportunities for alumni.