University of Lethbridge: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of Lethbridge was founded in 1967 on traditional Blackfoot land and is in the top 6% Worldwide in Research Performance.. It is one of Canada's top-ranked universities and leading research institutions. The university was founded by the citizens of Southern Alberta. The University of Lethbridge is widely known for its connection to the community.
The education programs offered at the university of Lethbridge are one of the leading programs in the country. The students get 27 weeks of off-campus practicum experience, teaching in multiple settings, such as elementary AND secondary schools (unique to uLethbridge) and much more while studying here.
One of the coveted institutions in Canada, the University of Lethbridge offers over 150 undergraduate courses and 75 graduate programs through the faculties of Arts and Sciences, Dhillon School of Business, Education, Fine Arts, Health Sciences, and more.
The university is home to 8,231 undergraduate students and 605 master's students with over 548 international students from 90 countries. 95.5% of its graduate get placed within six months of graduating. Students find a plethora of employment opportunities in Canada after graduating from this university.
University of Lethbridge Ranking
The University of Lethbridge is among the top institutes in Canada. The rankings by some of the famous agencies are given below:
- Ranked #1470 in the world’s best universities for the year 2021 by the US News and World Report.
- Ranked in the top 5 positions in the category student awards conducted by Mclean University for the year 2021.
- Ranked uLethbridge as one of the top three research universities (undergraduate category) in Canada by RE$EARCH Infosource Inc. 2019
- Ranked #1001+ by Times Higher Education.
- Ranked in position #33 for the best universities in the country Canada by the website 4icu.
University of Lethbridge Highlights
|Cost of attendance||32426 CAD|
University of Lethbridge Campus
- The University of Lethbridge is operated at two campuses- Lethbridge and Calgary.
- The Calgary campus is just steps from The City Hall C-train station and provides credit and noncredit programs.
- The Lethbridge campus is an urban setting with 460 acres of plot.
- The Lethbridge campus includes food services including Subway, Starbucks, Booster juice, Tim Hortons outlet, Carvey, and bakery and Urban Market. It also includes places like The Zoo Pub and Grill, Foodcourt and convenience stores, and Bookstore.
- The campus includes Library, Canadian Centre for Behavioral Neuroscience, The First Choice Savings Centre for Sports and Wellness, Turcotte Hall, Community sports stadium, Alberta water and environment science building, and Markin hall.
University of Lethbridge Residence
- The University of Lethbridge is home to more than 900 single students. All the students must live either in the apartments or University hall.
- The students from the campus residences have access to the indoor and outdoor fitness areas, fire pits, lounges, movie rooms, study spaces, games room and much more.
- The university offers two types of accommodation- Apartments and University hall.
- The apartmental residence includes 1 bedroom apartment, 2 bedroom apartment, 4 bedroom apartment, 6 bedroom apartment.
- The University Hall includes Hallway Double, Hallway Single, Suite single, executive suite single and University Hall common space.
- Various dining plan options are also available for Students.
First-year students entering straight from high school can apply online to stay in:
- University Hall (UHall) – Traditional Style Dorms 1,732.00 CAD,, Term Rate (4 months) Per Bed)
- Kainai House - Single Student Apartments (one, two, four and six bedroom) (1 Bedroom Apartment 4,888 CAD)
- Piikani House – Single Student Apartments (one, two, and four-bedroom)
- The estimated cost of living is almost 1,000 CAD a month, if you are living single. However, if you choose to live alone or are bringing your family, your costs will be higher.
University of Lethbridge Programs
- The University of Lethbridge offers more than 150 undergraduate and 75 graduate programs on the Lethbridge and Calgary campuses.
- The university offers classes in business, fine arts, Health Sciences, Humanities, science and social science.
- Under undergraduate programs, the University offers bachelor's degree, diploma, and certificates.
- The Arts & Science co-op program offers work experiences for EVERY major at both the undergraduate (CAFCE accredited) and graduate levels. Lethbridge is the only university in Alberta offering this opportunity to the students.
- Under Graduate programs, the university offers master's degrees, graduate certificates, and doctoral degrees.
- The university offers graduate certificates in Health services management and Advanced Clinical study of Addiction and a graduate diploma in Addiction and Mental Health psychotherapy.
- The University offers 10 doctoral degrees including some popular fields like biomolecular science, neuroscience, counseling psychology, education, etc.
University of Lethbridge Application process
How to apply
Application portal: Online
Application portal: 140 CAD
|Common Admission Deadlines||Dates|
|Fall||September – December|
- High School transcripts
- Indian applicants need to provide Academic Standard 12 certificate with minimum second division standing, vocational standard 12 certificates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- ACT or SAT score
- English language proficiency ( TOEFL score of 80 and IELTS score of 6.0 is acceptable)
- Curriculum vitae
- GMAT scores if applicable
- 3 Letter of Recommendation to study in Canada
- English proficiency test scores
University of Lethbridge Cost of attendance
The estimated cost of attendance in Canada depends on several factors like the course chosen, housing, books and personal items.
|Beneath are the estimates representing minimum living expenses and don’t include your tuition costs|
|Rent and utilities||550 - 1,200 CAD|
|Food||300 – 500 CAD|
|Personal expenses||300 – 500 CAD|
|University services fee||1700 CAD|
The average cost of attendance at University of Lethbridge is 32,426 CAD.
University of Lethbridge Financial aid for International Students
The University of Lethbridge awards more than 4.1 CAD million in funding to graduate students through internal and external scholarships, awards and bursaries, and 1.5 CAD million in various GAs annually. A few types of scholarships include:
- Alexander Barnhill Bursary for International Students- Value: 1,000 CAD
- Abbondanza Fine Arts Graduate Scholarship- Value 4,500 CAD
- 1, 000 CAD scholarship is given upon admission, based on admission average.
- The university offers various scholarships for international students. Merit-based scholarships like ULTURA are available for both domestic and international applicants.
- Students are provided on campus and off-campus employment opportunities to help them pay for their education.
- Government student financial assistance is given to students in the form of student loans and grants.
- Students can also apply for personal student loans.
University of Lethbridge Alumni
The alumni receive various benefits and services for being part of the university's alimony community including parchment frames, Coutts Centre wedding packages, access to fitness centre, merchandise, alumni discounts on Dell products, discounts at Broadway across Canada and many more.
Some of the alumni are:
- Andrew N. Iwaniuk- Canadian biologist
- Taylor Kitsch- actor and model
- Rachael Harder - Canadian politician
- Theo Tams- singer
- Indira Naidoo-Harris- Canadian politician
- Frank Moore Cross- professor at Harvard University
- Annita Lucchesi- Executive director of Sovereign bodies Institute
- Winston Day Chief- ice hockey player
University of Lethbridge Placement
- The University of Lethbridge provides career services to both domestic and international applicants depending on their skills and interest.
- The average annual salary received by students from University of Lethbridge ranges from 36,000 - 55,000 CAD.
- The University of Lethbridge has a very active placement committee that works hard to find the ideal and best companies to send their students to.
- They also conduct career fairs and placement drives in their college by inviting top and mid-sized organizations and startups to college.
- The graduate employment rate of the University is 95.5%. The average salary of the fresher passing out of the college starts from 87k CAD.
- More than 80% of the graduates are able to find themselves in successful positions within three months of graduation.
- They also have an active portal called career bridge through which they train their students and connect them with employers.
Ques. Is the University of Lethbridge renowned?
Ans.Yes. It has been under the top three research universities in Canada for four consecutive years.
Ques. What are the programs offered at the University of Lethbridge?
Ans.The University of Lethbridge offers over 150 undergraduate courses and 75 graduate programs through the faculties of Arts and Sciences, Dhillon School of Business, Education, Fine Arts, Health Sciences, and more.
Ques. What is the average salary of Lethbridge graduates?
Ans.The average salary of the fresher passing out of the college starts from 87k CAD.
Ques. After joining, can I volunteer as a student?
Ans.Yes. There are plenty of opportunities to join and support a cause as a volunteer. They let students earn credit as well.
Ques. How many students attend the University of Lethbridge?
Ans.The university is home to 8,231 undergraduate students and 605 master's students with over 548 international students from 90 countries.
Ques. Do I get scholarship options for educational funding?
Ans.Yes. There are many merit-based and competitive scholarships available for students.
Ques. Where are the campuses of the University located?
Ans.The two main campuses are at Lethbridge and Calgary.
Ques. Are there any interesting and attractive student clubs and activities at the University of Lethbridge?
Ans. Yes. there are music ensembles, college radio, theatre production, sport and athletics, etc that students will find interesting.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #801 - #1000
One of my college professors had suggested that I apply to this university for this particular program. I had applied as a graduate-level international student. I first had to get in touch with a University of Lethbridge faculty member, who dealt with my chosen subject. In my case, it was Health Sciences and I had contacted a faculty member from that department. I also submitted my official transcripts and completed the application online. The application fee for the process was $140.
Course Curriculum :
It was amazing! We had a number of major options to choose from and I had chosen Health Sciences. My program consisted of a list of courses and ended with a thesis presentation which was guided by my supervisor.
I had applied as a graduate level international student. I firstly had to get in touch with a University of Lethbridge faculty member, who dealt with my chosen subject. In my case, it was Health Sciences and I had contacted a faculty member from that department. I also submitted my official transcripts and completed the application online worth $140. The deadlines were very important.
Course Curriculum :
My course was of the highest standard. We had a number of major options to choose from and I had chosen Health Sciences. My program consisted of a list of courses and ended with a thesis presentation which was guided by my supervisor.
I got recommended by the parent's accountant. Learned qualities of school, close to the home small city can be independent cheap to live in good. The application took classes that I took in high school. I did pretty well in high school. Knew I wanted to go to this school. I didn't want to go to a post-secondary school that was too big.
Course Curriculum :
It's good. Business degrees require to take intro to all business classes.
It has a great standard of living, great teachers and small enough to be on one with a teacher so that I can get all the extra curriculum and lessons easier. I auditioned and I was very happy with my private lessons with the professors before I auditioned. My grades were high enough to attend any school but I chose to go to the University of Lethbridge.
Course Curriculum :
I love the campus and location, small class sizes, professors with passion, and it feels far away while being close. There isn't a big divide on campus, and there's always something going on in this vibrant city.
The tuition is reasonable, again depending on classes selected. Healthcare, UPASS, and gym membership are also included, so you get a lot of bang for your buck.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary