University of New Brunswick 2020-21: Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
University of New Brunswick (UNB) accepts application Fall, summer and Winter season. The university has a student population of 10,000 students from more than 100 counties. UNB has more than 75 undergraduate and graduate programs in the field of arts, business & science, applied science and engineering.
- International applicants are encouraged to apply six months in advance.
- Conditional admission may be available for international students who do not have an English test score.
- The university has country-specific admission requirements. Be sure to check the requirements prior to application
- Graduate applicants are required to submit a complete application, and three letters of reference including at least one academic reference
|Application Portal||University Portal|
|Mode of Payment||VISA, Discover card, Master Card, Local Bank Transfer, Cheque, Demand Draft|
|Financial Aid||Grants, Loans, Scholarships|
|Admissions Office Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
University of New Brunswick (Saint John) Admission Deadlines
The general deadlines for UG admissions are given below. However, the deadlines for graduate courses vary from program to program.
|Fall (September start)||June 1|
|Winter (January start)||October 1|
|Summer (Various dates from May-August)||February 1|
Note: Education (Fredericton), Kinesiology and Nursing have a fall/September intake only.
University of New Brunswick (Saint John) Undergraduate Admissions
University of New Brunswick offers a wide range of UG programs to international students. To apply for admission the applicant has to fulfil the following requirements -
Application Portal: University Portal
Application Fee: $125
Academic Requirements -
- Original final secondary school transcripts with a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Fulfil Course-specific academic requirements. Click here for more information.
- Financial support form
- Proof of Health Insurance Cover
- Student Agreement Form Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa Application Form
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International students may submit either TOEFL, IELTS or any other equivalent scores to prove their English proficiency.
Visa Process for International Students
- One must obtain an acceptance letter from the university. Following which, an applicant can apply for a visa package from the Canadian Visa Website (CIC website)
- If the applicant is found eligible, they will receive a personal checklist code, valid for 60 days, needed to submit the application online. The page shall include an application guide, an estimated tuition fees amount, a list of documents one needs to submit with the application, and guidelines for further steps to be taken.
- MyCIC account has to be created which shall contain the checklist. Once the applicant has all the required documents, and the fee has been paid, the online application can be submitted.
- Applicants are required to attend interviews at local consulates.
University of New Brunswick (Saint John) Graduate admissions
The university offers a diverse range of PG courses in the field of Anthropology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Earth Science, Economics, English, Nursing, Physics, History and Sociology. To apply for admission, the applicants have to fulfil the following requirements.
Application portal – University Portal
Application fee – $125
|Course||Application Deadline||Academic Requirements||English Proficiency|
|Masters in Business Administration (MBA)||Fall - June 15||Bachelor’s degree, Transcripts with a GPA of 3 above,
GRE 54th Percentile/GMAT (550) Scores, CV, SOP, LOR
|TOEFL (iBT)- 93
|Masters in Civil Engineering||Winter - June 1
Summer - October 1
Fall - February 1
Transcripts with a GPA of 3 above, CV, SOP, LOR
|TOEFL (iBT)- 92
|Masters in Computer Science||Fall- January 5, February 28
Winter - April 30
|Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science,
Transcripts with a GPA of 3 above, CV, LOR, SOP
|TOEFL (iBT)- 92
|Masters in Economics||January 15||Bachelor’s degree in BA/ Honours Economics,
Transcripts with a GPA of 3 above, CV,
GRE scores (Minimum 150 in quantitative section), SOP, LOR
|TOEFL (iBT)- 92
|Master of Science in Physics||Fall- June 1
Winter- October 1
|Bachelor’s degree in Science,
Transcripts with a GPA of 3 above,
CV, GRE Physics scores, SOP, LOR
|TOEFL (iBT)- 92
Once the application is complete, it is sent to the Faculty or Department in which applicant have applied for. Review times can vary depending on the time of year or the program. The applicant will be notified by email and in application portal when a decision has been made. Processing time may take up to six months.
During the review process, appicant’s prospective department require additional information and will contact them directly.