Updated On - January 9th 2019
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi Admission 2019, Courses, Cutoff, TimeTable
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College is one of the top ranked colleges of Delhi University. It was established in the year 1990. The college offers BMS, B.A, B.Sc, B.Com courses in various disciplines in General as well as Honors divisions. Apart from the UG programs, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College also offers Diploma and Certificate courses.
- Minimum eligibility for B.Sc (Honors) is a pass in 10+2 with 55% marks in aggregate with PCM/B while 45% marks are required in B.Sc (General) division.
- B.A (Honors) and B.Com (Honors) program requires 45% marks in aggregate and B.A (General) requires only 40% marks in aggregate.
- Admission is offered on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination as per the rules laid down by the University of Delhi.
- The university releases course-wise cutoff lists to grant admission.
- The college also offers add-on certification courses on Russian Language, French Language and Effective Communication & Personality Development through Theatre (ECPDT).
Read More: Courses offered by Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi Admission Highlights
|Name of the College||Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi Admission Dates 2019
|Course Name||Date (Tentative)|
|Online Registration||May 22, 2019|
|Last Date of Online Registration||June 12, 2019|
|Publication of First Merit List||June 24, 2019|
|Closing Date of Admission||August 16, 2019|
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College UG Admission 2019: B.A, B.Sc, B.Com
The college offers admission to B.A, B.Sc and B.Com programs on the basis of candidates’ marks in 10+2. The candidates need to apply online on a centralized web portal of the University of Delhi. These courses are offered in General as well Honors modes. Basic eligibility is a pass in 10+2.
Final admission is offered on the basis of separate cutoff lists published by Delhi University.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|B. Sc. (Hons)||Physics||Minimum of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics plus minimum of 50% marks in one compulsory subject||Merit based. Aggregate of PCM will be considered|
|Botany||Merit based. Aggregate of PCB will be considered|
|Computer Science||Must have passed SSC from CBSE Board or any other equivalent exam in Science/Commerce/Arts||Merit-based|
|Mathematics||Minimum 50% marks in Mathematics and an aggregate of 45% in the qualifying exam.|
|B.Sc.||Physical Science with Chemistry||Minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics plus minimum of 40% marks in one compulsory language subject (English)||Merit-based. Aggregate of PCM will be considered|
|Physical Science with Computer Science|
|Life Science||Minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology plus minimum of 40% marks in one compulsory language subject (English)||Merit based. Aggregate of PCB will be considered|
|Mathematical Science||Minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying exam||Merit-based|
|B.A. (Hons)||English||Minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying exam|
|B.Com. (Hons)|| -|
- There is reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Person with Disabilities /Kashmiri Migrants as per the University of Delhi directions
- The cut offs are different for different categories.
- For B.Sc. (Honors) Computer Science course, best four academic subjects including one language, Mathematics and two subjects out of Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science/Informatics Practices will be considered.
- For other courses, one language, Mathematics & two academic subjects (List A) with a deduction of 2% in cut off will be taken into account.
- For B.Sc. (Honors) Mathematics course, Mathematics, one language and two best academic subjects as per List A will be considered.
- For B.Sc. Mathematical Science course, Mathematics, one language and two best academic subjects as per List A will be considered.
- For B.A program, the merit will be based on the marks of best four subjects including one language and three best subjects from List A. One subject not listed under List A can be considered. However, if more than one subject is considered which is not listed under List A to maintain the best of four, 2.5% from each of the four subjects will be deducted.
- For B.A. (Hons.) English course, the merit will be based on the best of four subjects including one language and three best subjects from List A. The candidates must have studied and passed the “English” subject. Such candidates will have a 2% advantage if English is included in the calculation of best of four. If one or more subject is considered which is not listed under List A to maintain the best of four, 2.5% from each of the four subjects will be deducted.
- For B.Com. (Hons.), the candidates must have studied and passed Mathematics/Business Mathematics in the qualifying exam. The merit will be based on the marks obtained in one language of part 1 of the C1 (first cut off) list and three subjects from part 2 of C1 or one language of part 1 of the C1 list and three subjects from part 2 of list C1, C2 (second cut off) or any other subject not listed in C1 and C2. If one or more subject is considered which is not listed under list to maintain the best of four, 2.5% from each of the four subjects will be deducted.
- All subjects to be included in the calculation of best Four subjects must have at least 70% theory part.
- Admissions are also offered under ECA and Sports category.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Diploma Admission 2019
The college offers various Diploma and Certificate courses in various specializations. The add-on courses also include Russian and French language. These courses are offered on a first come first serve basis. Minimum 10+2 pass is the basic eligibility criteria for these programs.
|Course Name||Specialization||Minimum Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|ECPDT|| -||Must have passed class 12th||First come first serve basis and on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination|
Note: The Russian and French language course has 40 seats each and ECPDT has 32 seats.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi Application Process 2019
The application form can be filled online by visiting the official website of Delhi University. Students are advised to follow the below-listed steps at the time of filing the application:
- Visit the official website of Delhi University.
- Click on the “New Applicant Sign Up” to create the user account followed by ‘New Registration’.
- Candidates must have a valid email Id before proceeding with the application process. This email id will be used for future correspondence regarding admission.
- While filling the application form, the candidates also have to upload the following documents failing which the form will not be submitted:
- Passport size photograph (5 mm x 5 mm)
- Scanned signature
- Self-attested Class XII Marks sheet, if the result is announced. (In case the Marks sheet is not issued by the Board then the self-attested copy of the downloaded form should be uploaded.
- Self-attested copy of SC/ST/OBC/PWD/KM/CW valid certificate, if applicable
- Self-attested copies of Sports/ECA certificates, if applicable
Note: Candidates who meet the cut off should log in to the UG admission portal and select Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College and their desired course. A print out of the online admission form with photograph should be brought by the candidates during the verification process. After the approval of admission, candidates should make the online fee payment through the online portal.
Documents Required at the time of admission:
- Marks sheet of class X and XII
- Class XII Provisional Certificate / Original Certificate
- Character Certificate
- SC/ST/PWD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the Applicant) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Applicant) as in central list
- Transfer Certificate from school/college as well as Migration Certificate from Board / University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi
- At least two passport size self-attested photographs
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Reservation Criteria:
- SC/ST: As per university rules, 22.5% seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates
- OBC: 27% of seats are reserved for OBC candidates
- Person with Disabilities: As per the university, 5% of seats are reserved for PWD candidates
- Kashmiri Migrants: 5% of seats are reserved for Kashmiri migrants
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College