The University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences is leading institute of pharmaceutical education and research. Institute was started in Lahore in 1944. Then it was shifted to its new campus in Chandigarh.
- College is a constituent college of Panjab University
- College has largest no. of faculty i.e. 31
- College is recognized by UGC
- College has a good track of 100% placements
- The Ranbaxy Laboratory, New Delhi
- Panacea Biotec Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
- Albert David Ltd., Kolkata
- Himalaya Drug Company, Bangalore
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory, Gurgaon
- Life Care Innovation Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon
Research and other Works: Institute is well known for its research work on steroids which yielded a molecule Candocuronium Iodide, For neuromuscularBlocking agent. It’s also known for commercialization of “Thank God”, A pile medicine Panacea Biotec Pvt. Ltd.
Facilities: The organization is completely furnished with the advanced facilities and instruments which is further reinforce by the super-exceptional modern instruments in the connecting divisions on the yard. They include transmission and scanning electronic microscopes, ultra centrifuge, Microdialyses, Freeze-dryer, IR, HPTLC, NMR, CHN analyzer, Sonicater, X- Ray diffraction and Micro calorimeter.