Deshbandhu College for Girls is an undergraduate college in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. The aim of the college is to provide students with the acquaintance and services they need in this epoch of teaching and learning. Settled in a quiet corner locality in South Kolkata, Deshbandhu College for Girls has continually underwrote to the spread of higher education amongst women for more than 50 years.
- It is one of the oldest universities in India established in 1857
- The college has a very passive ambience ideal for serious academic chases. The infrastructure is suitable to make the students contented
- The departments have several audio-visual teaching assistances to make learning enjoyable and useful to the students
- It is affiliated with the University of Calcutta
- All academic activities are carried out in accordance with the arranged examination schedules, syllabi, and academic calendar of the Calcutta University
- The college has advanced technologies and infrastructure
- The college is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
- The college is also accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council of India (NAAC)
- The college offers B.Com Honors in different subjects of Department of Commerce
- Department of Bengali
- Department of English
- Department of Geography
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Economics
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Education
- National Cadet Corps
- National Service Scheme
- Student’s Union
- Keeping in mind the complete development of the student community, the college attempts to involve its students in cultural activities and functions.
- Apart from the usual 'Freshers' Welcome' and the Annual Fest, other functions befitting particular occasions.
The College library has a stock of approximately 20,000 books to which new books are added every year. Encyclopedias, Handbooks, Yearbooks, Census Reports and Gazettes and collections of classics in Bengali and English are the special attractions of the library.
- The library is equipped with books of all subjects providing a lot of variety to students
- There are different journals, CD’s and newspapers available in the library to increase knowledge of the student