Coimbatore Medical College is a well renowned and established institution in the country. The college offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in the field of Medical Sciences. At present, the college offers full-time MBBS degree of 5 years duration and several postgraduates courses such as M.Ch (Master of Chirurgie), M.D. (Doctorate of Medicine) and M.S. (Master of Surgery).
To be eligible for admission in MBBS, candidates must have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent with minimum required marks in relevant fields from a recognized board.
To be eligible for admission in MD, MS and M.Ch, candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university with minimum required marks.
The selection to all these programs is granted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in NEET. The application process is common for all the courses available in Coimbatore Medical College.
Coimbatore Medical College (CMC) College Highlight
|Name of the Institute||Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|Year of Establishment||1966|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
|Courses Available||MBBS at Undergraduate Level and MD/MS at Postgraduate level|
|Basic Admission criteria||Entrance and Merit Based|
|Name of the Entrance||NEET UG|
|Campus Area||19.41 Acre|
Coimbatore Medical College (CMC) Courses
The college offers courses under mainly 3 streams:
- Medicine and Allied Science
|MBBS||Duration: 5.5 Years
Eligibility: 12th pass or equivalent from a recognized board/ University with minimum 50% marks with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-Technology and English as the subjects
|MD/MS||Duration: 3 years
Subjects: MD- 13/MS- 4
Eligibility: MBBS degree
|DM/M.Ch.||Duration: 3 years
Subjects: DM- 3/M.Ch.- 4
Eligibility: MBBS degree
Coimbatore Medical College (CMC) Admissions
Admission to the MBBS program will be granted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in NEET UG.
At the PG level, the institute offers an MD and MS under 13 and 4 specializations. Admission to the program is granted on the basis of NEET PG. Admission to the DM and M.Ch. program is granted on the basis of NEET SS.
The application procedure is conducted offline. Candidates can obtain the application form from the college office py paying the required fees. The application procedure is common for all the courses available in the Coimbatore Medical College.
How to Apply
- Candidates can register for NEET online through the official website.
- Candidates seeking admission for MBBS courses need to qualify NEET by firstly registering themselves on the site.
- Fill the correct details and upload all the relevant documents on it.
- Submit the application and pay the application fee of INR 1400 ( INR 700 for research category candidates)
- Payment can be submitted through online modes
- After this , candidates need to get themselves registered by applying in the prescribed form for registration for UG /PG courses of the College office. directly.
- Candidates need to submit their documents relevant to the courses along with the score card of NEET.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of Merit.
- Candidates applying for MBBS courses will be selected on the basis of their aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination and the score obtained in the NEET exam.
- List of the selected candidates will be announced on the website and on the college notice board.
- Selected candidates need to visit the college to complete the admission procedure on the prescribed date and time.
- The fees are submitted at the name of : Junior administrative officer, For Dean, Coimbatore Medical College, Civil Aerodrome Post, CIT campus, Peelamedu Branch, Coimbatore 641014, Tamil Nadu.
- Bank bank: Indian Bank
- Branch : Peelamedu, Coimbatore 641014, Tamil nadu.
Documents Required for the Admission Procedure:
- Admit Card
- Score card or NEET score Card or Rank Letter
- class 10th and 12th marksheet
- transfer certificate
- Migration Certificate
- ID proof ( Aadhaar or PAN card or Driving Licence or Passport)
- Passport size photograph
- Caste certificate , if applicable
- MBBS certificates
- Medical Registration Certificate
Read more: Coimbatore Medical College Admission
Coimbatore Medical College (CMC) Scholarships
Different Scholarships are provided for the MBBS Students of this college:
- Southern Railway Scholarship
- Central Sector Scholarship
- Aasiriyar Nala Nidhi Thittam
- Amaippu Saaraa Tholizhaalar nala Thitham
- Kaavalar Nala Nidhi Thittam
- Tamil Nadu Education Trust Scholarship
- AMM Foundation
- Uzhavar Paadukappu Thittam
click here Coimbatore Medical College Scholarships
Coimbatore Medical College (CMC) Facilities
The college includes facilities as-
- Boys & Girls Hostel
- Gym for physical fitness
- Medical facilities for emergency conditions
- Common Room for Girls and Boys
- Skill Lab Sports Facilities
Coimbatore Medical College (CMC) Faculty
The college has a good amount of well trained and highly qualified faculty members for every departments. They are aware of all the modern day technology and provide both technical and non technical staff in a sufficient number to provide an atmosphere of learning. The college has committed to provide a perfect health care facility to all the members, teachers and students to have a better level of existence. Teachers provide a sufficient amount of classes to the students, so that they can have a practical experience of every course.
Also check Coimbatore Medical College Faculty
Coimbatore Medical College (CMC) FAQs
Ques. Is the college also providing the Hospital Facilities?
Ques. Canany common people donate their body for the Educational Purposes?
Ques. On what basis , the Scholarships are provided?
Ques. Is there a procedure for Counselling?