Deccan College of Medical Sciences (DCMS) is located in Hyderabad city of Telangana state. It was founded in 1984 through the help of Darus-Salam Educational Trust. It got recognition by the Medical Council of India and was affiliated to the NTR University of Health and Sciences till the year 2016. Then it came under the affiliation of Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences of the State of Telangana. During the initial days, DCMS consisted of an intake of 100 MBBS seats but currently, the intake has got upgraded to 150 MBBS seats per year. It was the very first medical college for the Muslim minorities in India and also the first minority medical college in the former state of Andhra Pradesh.
Deccan College of Medical Sciences Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1984 | Private minority|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
|Affiliated to||Kaloji Narayan Rao (KNR) University of Health Sciences|
|Entrance Exam||NEET UG/ NEET PG/ NEET SS|
|Facilities Available||Labs, Sports & Games, Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Hospital|
Deccan College of Medical Sciences Courses
DCMS offers various medical courses in UG and PG like MBBS, MS, MD, Diploma, and Super-specialty courses in different specializations. The detailed description of the courses, specializations, and eligibility is provided in the tabular column:
|MBBS||Modern Medicine||Eligibility: 12th standard with biology as mainstream and valid score in NEET UG examination.
Duration: 5.5 years
|MS||Orthopedics, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, ENT||Eligibility: Graduation in MBBS course and valid score in NEET PG examination.
Duration: 3 years
|MD||Radiology, Dermatology, Microbiology, Psychiatry, Paediatrics, Biochemistry, Anaesthesiology, General Medicine, Pathology, Anatomy, Pharmacology, Physiology, Respiratory Medicine, SPM|
|Diploma||Dermatology, D.G.O, Psychiatry, Orthopedics, D.C.H, Ophthalmology, ENT, Anaesthesiology, Radiology||Eligibility: Graduation in MBBS course and valid score in NEET PG examination.
Duration: 2 years
|Super-specialty||Urology, Plastic Surgery, Cardiology, Neurology||Eligibility: Graduation in MBBS course and NEET SS
Duration: 3 years
Click here DCMS Hyderabad Courses and Fees
Deccan College of Medical Sciences Admissions
DCMS Hyderabad has proposed various courses like MS, MD, and PG Diploma courses with various specializations. It offers 5 different specializations in MS, 14 different specializations in MD, and 9 different specializations in PG Diploma courses respectively.
How to Apply?
- Apply for the NEET UG examination which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and have to score a minimum percentage in the exam.
- Participate in the counseling which is conducted by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Similarly, the admission of postgraduate courses and super-specialty courses are also done based on the score of NEET PG exam and NEET SS exam respectively which are conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
The details of the entrance exam for each course are provided in the following table:
|Course Name||Entrance Exam|
|Post Graduate courses||NEET PG|
|Super-specialty courses||NEET SS|
Check DCMS Hyderabad Admission
Deccan College of Medical Sciences Placement
A one-year internship program is available for the students in the DCMS Hyderabad. Students are offered clinical postings across a variety of wards like medicine, surgery, psychiatry, gynecology, etc. After the internship period, students can either continue their service in the hospital or they can also opt for higher studies. More opportunities are available for the MS and MD students in terms of placement.
Know more DCMS Hyderabad Placement
Deccan College of Medical Sciences Scholarship
Students of DCMS can apply for the research scholarships which are granted by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). In addition to the scholarships, a conference named OSMICON is conducted every year where numerous prices are being continuously awarded to talented medical students.
Read more DCMS Hyderabad Scholarship
Deccan College of Medical Sciences Facilities
Some of the important facilities in the DCMS Hyderabad are listed below.
- Labs: Labs are available separately in all the pre and para clinical departments. This is helpful for improving the practical skills of the students.
- Sports & Games: Both boys and girls are encouraged to indulge in sports and games. Various indoor and outdoor games are available for both boys and girls.
- Library: A huge central library spreading across two big halls is present within the DCMS campus. It also consists of numerous collections of medical books and journals. Moreover, the library is equipped with an online facility granting free internet services to all the UG, PG students, and also to the faculty members.
- Auditorium: An indoor auditorium is present within the DCMS for conducting various events like seminars, conferences, cultural programs, etc. In addition to the auditorium, a sports arena is also present for conducting various sports programs.
- Hospital: Two hospitals are present under the campus of DCMS. One is the Owaisi Hospital and the other is Princess Esra Hospital.
Click here DCMS Hyderabad Hostel
Deccan College of Medical Sciences Faculty
DCMS Hyderabad consists of experienced faculty members and doctors in both the college as well as in the hospital. Faculties and doctors are aware of the modern-day technologies in the medical field. Totally there are about 500 teaching staff, resident doctors, non-teaching staff, technical staff in the DCMS Hyderabad.
- Professor: 27
- Associate Professor: 27
- Assistant Professor: 30
- Tutor: 20
- Apart from the above, the college and hospital have Senior and Junior residents and Postgraduate medical doctors who make up the faculty.
Check DCMS Hyderabad Faculty
Deccan College of Medical Sciences FAQs
Ques. Whether non-Muslim candidates are admitted in the DCMS?
Ans. Yes, even though DCMS is a Muslim minority college, non-Muslim candidates can also apply.
Ques. Whether scholarships are provided for the students?
Ans. The college does provide scholarships by itself to the students and student can also apply for the government scholarships which are provided by the state and central governments based on their community.
Ques. Did the NEET exam get conducted this year?
Ans. The government has postponed the NEET 2020 examination and the date is not finalized yet.
Ques. Whether separate boys’ and girls’ hostels are available within the college?
Ans. Yes, separate hostels are available for both boys and girls within college premises itself.
Ques. What is a Super-specialty course?
Ans. The super-specialty course is the one that is pursued after specialization. For instance, General Medicine is a specialization. Super specialization comprises Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, etc.