BIBT Quick Update
April 30: BIBT To conduct a webinar on topic “COVID-19 Pandemic Demonstrate the power of Biotech” on May 2. Apply Here
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology (BIBT) was established in the year 2008. The institute is affiliated to University of Rajasthan, Jaipur. It was established under the aegis of Shri Krishna Education Society. The institute is one of the most reputed of its kind and focuses on the professional and personal growth of students.
BIBT offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Biotechnology and Microbiology. Admission to the courses is done on the basis of the BEST entrance exam conducted by the institute itself. The institute has state of the art infrastructure as well as a highly qualified faculty
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology (BIBT) Highlights
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, M.Sc|
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology (BIBT) Courses
BIBT offers UG and PG courses in Biotechnology and Microbiology. Tabulated below are details for the same:
- 10+2 (Biology/ Mathematics/ Agriculture) with 50 % marks from a recognized board in Rajasthan and 60% marks from outside Rajasthan.
|M.Sc in Biotechnology|
- B.Sc. Degree (Pass course or Hons.) under the 10+2+3 scheme with Agriculture/Botany/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Microbiology/ Pharmacy/ Zoology as one of the subjects.
- Minimum of 55 % of aggregate marks for General category candidates and Rajasthan, 60% marks for candidates from any Universities outside the State of Rajasthan
|M.Sc in Microbiology|
- B.Sc. Degree (Pass course or Hons.) under the 10+2+3 scheme with Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Pharmacy/ Genetics/ Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Integrated Microbiology/ Integrated Biotechnology as one of the subjects.
- Minimum of 55 % of aggregate marks for General category candidates, 60% marks for candidates from any Universities outside the State of Rajasthan)
Check: BIBT Courses and Fees
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology (BIBT) Admission
- Admission to UG and PG courses are done on the basis of the Biotechnology Entrance cum Scholarship Test (BEST).
- The application form for BEST shall be submitted online/offline.
- Admission is done on the basis of merit and scores of entrance test.
- Applicants can apply through any of the following procedures:
- Apply online via the website of the college, or
- Purchase the registration form from the admission cell of the college, or
- Download the registration form via the website of the college and post it along with a demand draft of INR 500 in favour of ‘Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology’ payable at Jaipur to the following address:
The Admission Cell,
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology,
6-E, Malviya Industrial Area,
- Applicants are required to pay the admission fees via Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net Transfer only.
- Admission fees for the UG course amounts to INR 590 only.
- Self-attested 10th and 12th Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Attested Caste Certificate
- Photocopies of all the relevant document
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology (BIBT) Placements
The Career advice & Placement cell at BIBT facilitates the process of placement of students by collaborating with leading organizations and institutes in setting up internships and training programs for students. The cell works toward building networks between students and industries. Some of the esteemed recruiters of BIBT are ICICI Bank, Dr. B. Lal Pharmacy, AIIMS, Allen, Albany Medical Centre, Axis Bank, Life Cell and several others.
Check: BIBT Placement
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology (BIBT) Scholarship
Scholarships are available based on the Biotechnology Eligibility cum scholarship Test: BEST - Scholarship to B.sc. Biotechnology Ist year and M.Sc. Biotechnology & M.Sc. Microbiology semester I for session 2020-21 at Dr. B.Lal Institute of Biotechnology will be on the basis of the scholarship examination, Biotechnology Eligibility Cum Scholarship test (BEST). BEST is a scholarship examination that particularly tests the comprehensive understanding of various science subjects and aptitude of students.
Check: BIBT Scholarship
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology (BIBT) Facilities
- Lecture Theatres and Seminar Rooms: BIBT has a well-equipped lecture theatre with WiFi and AV facilities including LCD Projector and OHP, microphones, speakers for a technology-based learning experience.
- Library: A well-stocked library with a large number of books, magazines, titles, journals along with the facility of E-Library.
- Co-Curricular Activities: The institute organizes activities like quizzes, debates, seminars, workshops, educational excursions, industry interface, socio-cultural programs and events on a regular basis.
- Hostel: Hostel accommodation is provided to male and female students separately along with all necessary facilities and provisions.
- Other: Cafeteria, Transport Facility, Medical Facility. CCTV Surveillance, WiFi Campus. State of the art Laboratory
Check: BIBT Hostel
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology (BIBT) Faculty
Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology has a highly qualified faculty of accomplished members across all departments. The faculty at the institute currently consists of 18 members who all considerably experienced in their fields.
The faculty at the institute is a strong and dedicated team of research assistants, assistant professors, associate professors and counselors. The faculty members are all highly supportive of students and always encourage curiosity and out of the box thinking. The faculty at the institute always stays available for students even outside of classrooms for clarification of doubts and concepts.
Check: BIBT Faculty