Dr.B.R Ambedkar College is located in Bangalore, Karnataka. The Government of Karnataka under the stewardship of Sri.R.Gundu Rao accorded sanction to the Ananda Trust to start a medical college on 6th July 1981 at Cooke Town. Subsequently, the Karnataka Government and Late Sri.B.Basavalingappa, The Then minister, extended generous help with the allotment of 25 acres of land at Kadugondanahalli, Bangalore, at virtually no cost, to build its own campus
- The institution also envisages producing doctors with best possible professional knowledge and attitude of service above self, both at Undergraduate and Post graduate levels
- The college has been conducting postgraduate courses since 1992 in 18 disciplines. The curriculum followed, is as per the guidelines of the Medical Council of India and Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, which awards the various degrees & diplomas
- The college affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The college runs the MBBS course as well as post-graduate courses in many subjects that are recognized by the Medical Council of India
- In May 1987, the college moved to its own campus at Kadugondanahalli
- The hospital with 600 beds is also situated on the campus
- The intake of MBBS students per academic year is 100, out of which 10% belong to SC/ST
- Also on campus are the School and college of Nursing, Institute of Physiotherapy, Paramedical Courses, and the Gents and Ladies Hostels, Staff quarters, Cafeteria, Pharmacy, Central Lab, Animal House, ATM and post-mortem block
- Till date more than 3000 students have graduated from this college and working as professional doctors across the globe
- Annual intake of students for the MBBS course is 100 and is recognized by Medical Council of India, New Delhi and affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, KarnatakaThe college carries research work in various branches and work along with P.G. Training
- The scientific society of the college provides the forum for monthly clinical meetings and presentation of research / dissertation work. Research papers have been presented at national and state conferences and published in national journal
- The medical education unit constituted as per the guidelines of MCI and RGUHS is functioning to promote academic awareness in the college by conducting various programme
- Under the auspices of the scientific society and medical education unit, state annual conferences, seminars, quizzes and programmes of Continuing Medical Education (C.M.E.s) have been conducted regularly by inviting eminent personalities in the medical field
The college campus has a spacious sports ground and materials for several outdoor and indoor activities.
- The Central Library has 16500 books which comprises of text and reference in all medical specialties
- The library is enriched with digital facilities and computer systems. Students, Faculty, Research workers, and other staff extensively make use of the facilities
- Readers have access to audio-visual aids, Micro Film Reader, and internet facility. Electronic databases viz. MEDLINE, Proquest Medical Library is available.
- The Library is connected to HELINET consortium offered by RGUHS for full text online journal and E books data bases and computerized. Services include book bank, Photocopying, scanning for digitising purpose and laser printing too.
Both Foreign and Indian medical journals are subscribed to meet the demands of learning and to keep abreast with recent literature