Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore was established by the Karnataka State Legislature Act of 1994. The university is headquartered in Bangalore and its jurisdiction covers the entire state of Karnataka. It is considered as one of the top Medical Institutions in India in terms of its curriculum matching with world standards. It is an affiliating university having numerous medical, dental and paramedical colleges under its jurisdiction. Most of the affiliated colleges are situated in the state of Karnataka and are consistently ranked among the top institutions of the country. It imparts education in UG, PG and Research courses. Admission to the university courses is done on the basis of qualifying degree merit/ entrance examination marks.
June 1, 1996
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Act, 1994
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Association of Indian Universities (AIU), National level
Inter University Board (IUB), State level
Books – 6, 500
No. of Affiliated Colleges
A Hand Book of Patient Safety
The university offers various UG, PG and Research programs in diverse fields of health sciences such as medical, nursing, dentistry, paramedical, pharmacy, physiotherapy, unani and ayurveda. The duration of UG and PG courses is different. Click here to know more about RGUHS Courses and Fees.
Admission to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences is done through online mode. Application forms are released online through the official university website, after the release of an official notification by the University.
The basic eligibility for UG is class 12. Candidates are required to obtain at least 50% marks in 10+2 in relevant discipline from a reputed board. However, candidates having graduation degree in relevant discipline with required marks are eligible for admission to PG courses. Applicants seeking admission to research programs should have master degree.
Selection for UG courses is done through merit of last qualifying exam. At the same for admission to PG courses, applicants need to appear for entrance exam. The university conducts different exams for different courses. An interview is usually conducted as well in the case of Ph.D. courses. Read More About RGUHS Admission
Candidates can check their semester results by following the steps:
- Firstly, students should log on to official website and navigate to tab “Results”
- Next, candidate should click on link “Candidate wise Results” in order to open the RGUHS college portal for results
- In the next window, student should enter his/her registration number and select the Exam ID and click on “View” button
- Candidate’s result is instantly displayed on the screen which they can download and take a print out of it for future reference
Why Join RGUHS?
- Wide Range of Courses – The University offers courses in Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing & Physiotherapy. In addition, it also offers Unani, Homeopathy, Naturopathy & Yoga courses under different Government bodies including Medical Council of India and UGC
- Admission through separate Entrance Test – The University conducts a separate entrance test for admission into it different graduate and postgraduate courses.
- Special Forum Session – The University is associated with 250 colleges in the state running similar courses. It organizes a special forum session for students so that they can discuss their queries in different topics and also exchange their thoughts on additional topics or projects.