The Index Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre was established in 2006 as a part of the Index Institutes. The college offers MBBS, MD, and MS programs in various streams. Admissions to all the programs are done on the basis of the NEET-UG and NEET-PG examination. Applicants may apply online as well as offline after the NEET exam merit list is released. The college has the honor of being the first in Indore to be allowed to host 250 medical seats in MBBS by the Medical Council of India, which is the maximum capacity.
Index Medical College Highlights
|Established | Type||2006 | Private|
|Recognized||Medical Council of India|
|Affiliated to||Malwanchal University, Medical Sciences University, Jabalpur (MPMSU) & Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (DAVV Indore)|
|Accredited by||National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MD, and MS|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Examination and Counselling|
|Entrance Examination||NEET UG and NEET PG|
|Campus Area||30 acres|
|Facilities||Hostel. Library, Gymkhana, Diet Centres, Recreational and Sports|
Index Medical College Courses
Index Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre offers an MBBS program and 19 PG programs. It accepts a total of 113 PG students and also has the honor of being the first Medical College in Indore allowed to have 250 MBBS seats by the Medical Council of India, which is the maximum capacity. The details of the courses are as mentioned below.
Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% in Science
Selection Criteria: NEET UG
Duration: 2 years
Specializations: Ophthalmology, Gen. Surgery, Obst & Gyn., and Orthopaedics,
Selection Criteria: NEET PG
Duration: 2 years
Specializations: Anaesthesia, Psychiatry, Paediatrics, Gen. Medicine, Dermatology, Tb & Respiratory Medicine, Radiology, Pathology, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Community Medicine
Selection Criteria: NEET PG
Read More: Index Medical College Indore Fees
Index Medical College Admissions
Admissions to the MBBS programs are done on the basis of NEET UG Examination. The PG admissions are done on the basis of NEET PG score. The steps to apply for the NEET-UG exam are as follows:
- Go to the official NTA website and click on New Registration. Read the guidelines and then click on “Proceed to Application.”
- Fill up the form and upload the required signature and photographs.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Print the final page after confirmation.
Post the examination, NTA will release merit lists based on which students will be selected for the counseling process. The steps to apply to NEET PG are as follows:
- Visit the official website nbe.edu.in. Select NEET-PG, and click on Proceed to Application. Fill in the required details.
- On receiving the application number and password, log in and fill in the details.
- Upload the required documents and images.
- Choose the appropriate exam location, exam test center, and the preferred date and time.
- Pay the application fee via debit card/credit card/ net banking/ e-wallet.
Index Medical College Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- Hostel: Residential hostels are available for undergraduate and postgraduate students, interns, boys and girls separately. Residential areas also are available for Teaching & Non Teaching staff. This is available for 888 UG students, 294 PG residents and 184 interns.
- Mess Facilities: There are more than 4 Mess for the UG / PG students, Interns, teaching, residents & other nonteaching staff. The students are provided breakfast, lunch, evening snacks & dinner. The food provided is very hygienic and healthy. Regular cleaning of the mess and canteens are managed by the maintenance staff. The quality of the food is managed by the dieticians. The food for patients is also supplied by the mess and diet chart is planned by the dieticians.
- Library: A large collection of text and reference books, Indian and foreign journals in every branch of medicine are at the disposal of the students and staff along with newspapers and magazines.
- Lecture Theatres: 5 Lecture Theatres are available with a seating capacity of 300 students each with sound amplification & electronically equipped with modern teaching audio-visual aids.
- Auditorium: The auditorium of IMCHRC has 2000 seating capacity. The auditorium is air-conditioned with all the ultra-modern audiovisual and transmission facilities. The regular interfaces, conferences and other cultural and academic events are held in the auditorium.
- Sports: Sports like cricket, football, hockey, badminton, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, carom, chess, and gymnasium are available and encouraged.
Index Medical College Indore Faculty
The faculty of the IMC Indore is highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields. The faculty members at the Index Medical College Indore hold a Ph.D. and Master’s degree in the streams of Medical. The strength of faculty members at the college is as follows:
- Professors: 30
- Associate Professors: 3
- Assistant Professors: 23
- Senior Resident: 12
- Junior Resident: 11
- Tutor: 8
- Demonstrator: 1
Read More: Index Medical College Indore Faculty
Index Medical College FAQ
Ques. What are the important NEET details?
Ans. NEET 2020 exam will be conducted in offline mode on 26th July. It is a 3-hour long paper. Despite requests to conduct NEET twice a year, it will be conducted only once this year. Application fee for NEET examination is INR 1400. It has three sections: physics, chemistry, and biology/ biotech. Each correct answer is rewarded 4 marks, while each wrong answer deducts one mark. All questions are multiple-choice.
Read More: NEET Exam Pattern
Ques. How is Index Medical College Indore?
Ans. As a medical college in Indore, IMC is one of the good choices. However, among all Indian colleges, there are better choices to put as preference in the counseling process. There are no scholarships provided. Placement records are also not available. However, the facilities of the college were excellent and certainly note-worthy.
Ques. What are the float, freeze and withdrawal options on NEET counseling form 2020?
Ans. If the candidate is satisfied with the allotted college in the form and does not want to be considered for any more rounds of the counseling can use the Freeze option. This is also known as the Lock option. On the other hand, if the candidate is satisfied but also wants to be considered for other colleges and rounds, he can use the Float option. Lastly, if the student is not satisfied with allotted college, and does not want to appear for the subsequent rounds, he can use the withdraw option.
Read More: NEET Exam Counseling
Ques. Can I apply to IMCHRC without giving NEET examination?
Ans. No, all courses of Index Medical College require the ranking and marks of the NEET examination.
Ques. How do we contact the college for further details?
Ans. The contact person for the college is Dr. Pawan Bhambani. He can be contacted at 9752538454 or at 0731 4013600. You can also email the college at firstname.lastname@example.org.