Karuna Medical College is a private college established in 2006 in Palakkad, Kerala. It is a part of the Karuna Institute of Medical Sciences. The courses offered include MBBS, B.Sc, B. Pharm, MD, M.Pharm, and Pharm D. Admissions to the MBBS and MD courses are made on the basis of the NEET-UG and NEET-PG examinations respectively and the subsequent counseling processes. The admissions to the remaining courses are based on merits achieved in the qualifying examination.
Karuna Medical College Highlights
|Established | Type||2006 | Private|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS Thrissur)|
|Courses||MBBS, B.Sc, B. Pharm, MD, M.Pharm, and Pharm D|
|Admission Criteria||Merit in Entrance Examination|
|Accepted Exam Scores||NEET UG and NEET PG|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Gymnasium, Sports|
|Principal||Dr. S. Vasanthamalai|
Karuna Medical College Courses
Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: 10 +2 at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology together and 50% marks in Biology separately.
Selection Criteria: NEET UG
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10 +2 with Science (PCB) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry, biology or biotechnology with at least 50 %
Selection Criteria: Merit in Qualifying Examination
Duration: 3 years
Specializations: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, and Microbiology
Selection Criteria: NEET PG
Duration: 2 years
Specializations: Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacy Practice, and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Read More: Karuna Medical College Fees Structure
Karuna Medical College Admission
Admissions to the MBBS programs are done on the basis of NEET UG Examination. The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the medical common entrance test conducted by NTA. The application process for NEET 2020 has been completed.
How to apply?
The steps to apply are:
- Go to the official NTA website and click on New Registration. Read the guidelines and then click on “Proceed to Application.”
- Fill up the form and upload the required signature and photographs.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Print the final page after confirmation.
Post the examination, NTA will release merit lists based on which students will be selected for the counseling process. If or when the candidate is allowed Karuna Medical College, he can then apply to the college. This can be done online or offline.
How to apply for NEET-PG?
The steps to apply to NEET PG are as follows:
- Visit the official website nbe.edu.in. Select NEET-PG, and click on Proceed to Application. Fill in the required details.
- On receiving the application number and password, log in and fill in the details.
- Upload the required documents and images.
- Choose the appropriate exam location, exam test center, and the preferred date and time.
- Pay the application fee via debit card/credit card/ net banking/ e-wallet.
Read More: Karuna Medical College Admission
Karuna Medical College Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- Hostel: The college has separate Hostels with single occupancy and double occupancy room for men and women students. Additional rooms for Interns and Post Graduates are also available. The hostels have 24 hours electricity supply, Continuous Water Supply with a Water Treatment Plant, a hygienic canteen operated by a private catering agency, along with an Indoor Games Hall, a well-equipped gymnasium and sprawling playgrounds.
- Library: The Central Library is housed in a two-floor structure, comprising an area of 2000 sq meters with accommodation of 350 seats for student reading, 50 seats for journal reading,50 seats for staff reading, and 50 seats for own book reading. It has a comprehensive collection of books in all branches of Medical and Allied subjects.
- Sports: A large playground is situated near the Hostel Buildings. There are separate playgrounds for FootBall, Cricket, VolleyBall, and others. A well-equipped gymnasium is also available. A separate Hall is available for Indoor Games such as Table Tennis, Chess, and Carrom.
Karuna Medical College FAQ
Ques. What are the important NEET details?
Ans. NEET 2020 exam will be conducted in offline mode on 26th July. It is a 3-hour long paper. Despite requests to conduct NEET twice a year, it will be conducted only once this year. The application fee for the NEET examination is INR 1400. It has three sections: physics, chemistry and biology/ biotech. Each correct answer is rewarded 4 marks, while each wrong answer deducts one mark. All questions are multiple-choice.
Ques. How is Karuna Medical College?
Ans. The courses are priced on the relatively higher side, but most students find the value for money satisfactory. Although the campus is situated at a distance from facilities like banks, it makes up for it with the serene and calm atmosphere which students find conducive to the education process. The faculty members are also highly experienced and the ratings given to the college are quite good.
Ques. What are the float, freeze, and withdrawal options on NEET counseling form 2020?
Ans. If the candidate is satisfied with the allotted college in the form and does not want to be considered for any more rounds of the counseling can use the Freeze option. This is also known as the Lock option. On the other hand, if the candidate is satisfied but also wants to be considered for other colleges and rounds, he can use the Float option. Lastly, if the student is not satisfied with allotted college, and does not want to appear for the subsequent rounds, he can use the withdraw option.
Ques. Can I apply to Karuna Medical College if I have not given a NEET examination?
Ans. Yes, you can still apply for the B.Sc Nursing program, and the B.Pharm and M.Pharm programs. However, you cannot apply to the MBBS or MD programs without a valid NEET score.
Ques. How do we contact the college for further details?
Ans. The mailing address of the college is Karuna Medical College, Vilayodi, Chittur, Palakkad, Kerala- 678103. They can be contacted at 9496962555 or 04923225300. They can also be emailed at email@example.com.
Ques. Is there any scholarship for students pursuing a degree at Karuna Medical College?
Ans. The Safe Development Aims Trust is a registered Charitable Trust constituted by the Minority Community of Muslims with its headquarters at Karuna Hospital Campus, Melamuri, Palakkad, Kerala. Since its inception in 1993, this trust has been actively engaged in the educational, social, and Health Activities in this region. There is a link on the Karuna Medical College website to apply for scholarships from this trust.