Nalanda Medical College was established in 1970, it is located in Kankarbagh, Patna, Bihar. The college is affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna and it is also recognized by the Medical Council of India. The institute offers an MBBS course for UG students, MD/ MS courses in 15 different specializations for PG students, and Para Medical courses in 4 different specializations. Admission to different courses is based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the NEET/ NEET PG examination.
Nalanda Medical College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1970 | Public|
|Approved by||Medical Council of India (MCI)|
|Entrance Exam||NEET/ NEET PG|
|Courses Offered||3 courses across 20 specializations|
|Popular Courses||MBBS, MD/ MS.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Canteen etc.|
Nalanda Medical College Courses
Tabulated below are the details for the courses offered at the college under various specializations:
Duration: 4.5 years and 1 year of compulsory internship.
Eligibility: The candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized board with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology combined together.
Specializations: Medicine, anesthesiology, pediatrics, surgery, gynecology, preventive and social medicine, dermatology, orthopedics, ENT, pharmacology, microbiology, physiology, forensic medicine and toxicology, pathology and biochemistry
Duration: 3 years.
Eligibility: The candidate should possess a valid MBBS degree.
Specializations: Diploma in Lab technology, X-ray Technician, O.T. Assistant, Ophthalmic assistant.
Duration: 3 years.
Eligibility: The candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
Read more Nalanda Medical College Fee Structure
Nalanda Medical College Admission
Admission to different courses is based on the performance of the applicant on the entrance test. We have briefly discussed the admission process below.
- The whole admission process is online, the applicants should visit the official website of NEET/ NEET PG and click on the UG/ PG admission link.
- It will open the registration portal, the candidate should register with a valid phone number and valid e-mail id. They are advised to duly fill out their basic details in the application form.
- Then, the candidate will need to upload a scanned copy of the required documents, photograph, and signature to the portal.
- Once the above-mentioned steps are completed, the candidate is advised to pay the due application fee and complete the application process.
- Based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination, they will be given preference accordingly.
Nalanda Medical College Facilities
The college provides the students with many facilities so that they can increase their academic knowledge and also can make use of their leisure time. Some of the facilities provided are mentioned below.
- Library: The college has a fully air-conditioned library that has a rich collection of various books, newspapers, and journals.
- Hostel: The institute has 2 hostels for boys and one hostel for girls, all the hostels are equipped with proper security and mess facilities.
- Laboratory: The college has fully equipped laboratories in the Department of Biochemistry, Physiology, Forensic Medicine & Pharmacology, P.S.M., Microbiology, Pathology.
- Hospital: There is a hospital inside the campus which has a total bed strength of 500. The hospital runs OPD services in Medicine, Surgery, Eye, ENT, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Orthopedics, Psychiatry, it also runs a Dental OPD. There is a Radiology department which is well equipped with all the latest equipment, it has facilities for X-ray, Ultrasonography, CT scans & Specialized X-rays.
- Canteen: There is a canteen in the campus which offers hygienic food at an affordable rate.
Nalanda Medical College FAQs
Ques. What is the application fee for NEET PG?
Ans. The application fee is INR 3750 for the general category and 2750 for the reserve categories.
Ques. What is the mode of examination of NEET?
Ans. As of now, the NEET examination is conducted in offline mode.
Ques. What is the total intake for the MBBS course?
Ans. The total intake for the MBBS course is 100.
Ques. Is the counseling process after NEET online?
Ans. Yes, the counseling process after NEET is online.