Doaba College is a reputed multi-faculty post-graduate institute located in Jalandhar, Punjab. It was established in the year 1941. The college is affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar, and it has been accorded the status of a College with Potential for Excellence by UGC. Dobaba College also enjoys the reputation of being a NAAC ‘A’ Grade institute (Cycle II).
Doaba College offers 14 Undergraduate courses and 10 Postgraduate courses in the disciplines of Arts & Social Science, Commerce, Science, Computer Science & Applications, Journalism & Mass Communication and Tourism & Hotel Management. Besides, it also offers 6 add-on-courses (certificate/ Diploma/ Advanced Diploma) in Insurance & Risk Management, Banking Law & Practice, Computer Animation & Graphics, Computer Maintenance, Internet & Web Design, and Journalism & Web Media.
- Admission to UG courses is done on the basis of 10+2 examination in relevant discipline from a recognized board.
- For PG courses, candidate must pass Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from recognized university.
- Admission to both UG & PG courses is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
- It is mandatory for all students of the undergraduate degree programs to take Environmental Science as a mandatory subject and pass the same in all exams.
- Candidates with a Master degree from GNDU are eligible for admission to all PG courses.
- Such candidates are exempted from the minimum marks eligibility criteria.
- Girl Candidates are eligible to seek admission in all courses/ classes in all streams.
- Application process for this college is in offline mode.
Read More: Doaba College Jalandhar Fees Structure
Highlights Table of Doaba College
|Name of the University||Doaba College, Jalandhar|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
Doaba College, Jalandhar Admission Schedule 2019
|Course||Start of Application Form||End of Application Form|
|B.Sc., M.Com.||June 1, 2019||June 29, 2019|
|B.Com (H), Bachelor of Tourism & Travel Mngmt., Bachelor of Hotel Mngmt. & Catering Tech., M.B.A.||June 1, 2019||June 22, 2019|
|B.A (H), B.P.E.S., B.P.T., B.Pharm.||June 4, 2019||June 25, 2019|
|B.Lib., B.P.Ed., M.Sc., M.A., M.Lib., M.P.A.(Music Vocal), M.P.A (Music Instrumental), M. Pharm., Masters of Planning, MPA, MHA, M.P.T., M.P.Ed., LLM||June 5, 2019||June 29, 2019|
|L.L.B.||Merit basis (based on state level admission)|
|M.C.A.||July 1, 2019||July 30, 2019|
|M.Ed.||June 5, 2019||July 6, 2019|
|M.Phil.||July 4, 2019||July 24, 2019|
Doaba College Jalandhar UG Admission 2019
Doaba College, Jalandhar campus offers a horde of three & four-year degree and integrated programs in various disciplines, including Humanities & Social Science, Computer Science & IT, Commerce, Science, Hotel Management and Journalism & Mass Communication at the undergraduate level. The courses that are currently being offered include BA (General), BA with Journalism & Mass Communication as a subject, BA Journalism & Mass Communication, B.Sc. Medical/ Non-medical, B.Sc. Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Economics/ Mathematics, B.Sc. Med. with Biotechnology as a subject, B.Com. (General), B.Com. (Honors), BBA, BCA, B.Sc. IT, B.Sc. CS, BTHM, BA. B.Ed. and B.Sc. B.Ed. The college also offers two B. Voc. programs with specializations in Financial Market Management and Modern Office Practices.
The basic eligibility criteria for admission to these courses is a pass in 10+2/ equivalent exam from a recognized board. Candidates are also required to meet a minimum marks eligibility criteria for certain courses, as per University norms. Selection of candidates is done strictly on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
Aspiring candidates can obtain the application form and prospectus from the institute library by visiting the institute campus in person. A registration fee of INR 3000 should be paid at the time of application form submission. Candidates can pay the registration fee in cash or via demand draft at the institute’s fee counter.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|BA (General)||-||10+2 (any stream) from a recognized board||Merit - Based|
|BA||Journalism & Mass Communication||10+2 with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board|
|B.Sc.||Medical/ Non-Medical||10+2 with minimum 40% in the concerned Science group from a recognized board|
|B.Sc.||Biotechnology||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in Science subjects from a recognized board|
|Economics||10+2 in Science stream from a recognized board|
|B.Sc. Med.||Biotechnology||10+2 with minimum 40% marks in Science subjects from a recognized board|
|B.Com.||-||10+2 (any stream) with minimum 40% marks from a recognized board|
|B.Sc.||Information Technology||10+2 with minimum 40% marks in Non-Medical/ Science group from a recognized board|
|BTHM||Tourism & Hotel Management||10+2 with minimum 40% marks from a recognized board|
|BA B.Ed.||-||10+2 (any steam) from a recognized board|
|B. Voc.||Financial Market Management|
|Modern Office Practices|
- Subjects once have taken BA semester I, cannot be changed later.
- It is therefore advised of the students to choose at least one job oriented subject out of three elective subjects.
Doaba College Jalandhar PG Admission 2019
Doaba College, Jalandhar campus offers MA, M.Sc., M. Com and Post-Graduate Diploma courses in various disciplines of Arts, Science, Commerce and Computer Applications at the post-graduate level. The courses that are currently being offered include MA in English/ Economics/ Pol. Science/ Punjabi, M.Sc. Mathematics, MA Journalism & Mass Communication, M.Com, M.Sc. Computer Science/ Information Technology and PGCDA (Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications).
The basic eligibility criteria for admission to these courses is a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant or allied discipline. Candidates are additionally required to meet a minimum marks eligibility criteria as set for each program by the governing University. Selection of candidates is done strictly on merit basis.
Candidates seeking admission to the PG courses may collect the application form from the institute library. The complete application form along with photocopies of all relevant documents should be submitted at the institute campus within the stipulated deadline. The application fee for PG programs can be paid in cash or via demand draft.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|MA||English||Bachelor Degree with 50% marks in aggregate or 45% marks in the concerned subject||Merit - Based|
|M.Sc.||Mathematics||BA/ B.Sc. with 50% marks with Mathematics as compulsory subject|
|MA||Journalism & Mass Communication||Graduation degree in any discipline 50% marks|
|M.Com.||-||B.Com. or BBA with minimum 50% marks|
|M.Sc.||Computer Science||B.Sc. in CS/ IT with minimum 50% marks|
|PGDCA||-||BA/ B.Sc./ B.Com with minimum 45% marks|
- Candidates with BA/ B.Sc. Honours in Statistics/ Operational Research or B.Sc. Physics or B.Sc. (Engineering) with 50% aggregate marks and Mathematics as a subject.
- Candidates who have BA/ B.Sc. degree with 45% in Mathematics are eligible to seek admission to the M.Sc. program in Mathematics.
- BCA/ B.Sc. IT/ BIT degree holders with 50% aggregate marks or Graduates with a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ E-Commerce & Internet Applications with 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply for M.Sc. CS/ IT.
Doaba College Jalandhar Application Process 2019
Doaba College, Jalandhar campus accepts applications from eligible candidates for admission to its various courses through offline mode only. Students can collect the application form and prospectus from the institute library by paying the prescribed application fee in cash or demand draft. Application form can also be downloaded from official website.
The application process in details is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the college and click on Admission tab.
- Click on Admission Form and download the form.
- Candidates are required to submit only print form of the application form, duly filled-in with all requisite details, along with photocopies of relevant documents.
- The applicant should affix a passport-size colour photograph in the application form and self-attest the same with a ball pen.
- The complete application form should be enclosed along with copies of all relevant documents and must be sent to the institute campus so as to reach on or before the last date.
- The Application-cum-Registration fees for all courses is INR 3000 and INR 5000 for professional courses.
Original copies of the following documents must be produced/ submitted at the time of admission:
- A certificate from father/ mother/ guardian of the applicant stating that the latter has sought admission with their permission
- A certificate of good moral character from the Head of the institution last attended
- University/ School Education Board Certificate of having pass the last qualifying exam
- Migration Certificate, for students from other University/ School Education Board
- Eligibility Certificate from GNDU, Amritsar; for outside state/ university candidates
- A passport-size photograph
The institute offers reservation of seats as per GNDU and the Punjab state government norms. The following reservations are currently applicable:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
The college offers various scholarships and stipends to eligible meritorious students from economically weaker backgrounds. Various scholarship schemes are as follows:
- Platinum Jubilee Scholarship Scheme – for students taking admission in college after 10+2 from PSEB/CBSE/ICSE board.
|Marks/%age||90 & Above||85 to below 90||80 to below 85|
- To candidate who obtains merit in GNDU –
|Merit in GNDU||1st||2nd||3rd – 5th||6th – 10th||11th – 15th||1st in College|
- The concession given to Single Girl child is INR 2000, to Fatherless Child is INR 6000 and Parentless Child is INR 8000.
- The college also grants liberal financial aid besides Government scholarships.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College