Ewing Christian College, an autonomous Constituent College of Allahabad University was established in 1902 as a PG College. It is the first college which achieved affiliation for University Education. Authorized Ewing Christian University College started in 1923 in the proximity of the University, to preserve more significant learning sessions, which is presently William Holland University College. The college campus is located on the northern bank of Jamuna river near Sangam on the southern part of Allahabad city. The college offers various Graduation and Post Graduation courses such as Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Education,etc.
It is one of the oldest colleges in India and Dr. Arthur H. Ewing was its first principal. Ewing Christian College was an initiative of the East India Company. The college is spread on the sprawling campus of 42 acres with an eco-friendly atmosphere. It was renamed as Allahabad Christian College in 1910.
Ewing Christian College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1902 | Autonomous, Christian Minority|
|Affiliated to||Allahabad University|
|Approved by||AICTE, UGC|
|Entrance Exam||Ewing Entrance Test|
|Courses Offered||BA, B.Sc, B.Ed, B.Voc., B.Com, MCA, MBA.|
|Popular Courses||BA, B.Sc, MBA|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Campus Area||42 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Parking Area, Security, Internet, etc.|
Ewing Christian College Ranking/Achievements/ Awards
- Ewing Christian College is amongst the leading 30-35 universities of the country, where UGC Schemes are introduced e.g. COSSIP in 1971, COHSSIP in 1975, Vocationalization of First Degree Program in 1994.
- Ewing Christian College was the first college of the University to go for NAAC Accreditation in 2004 and conferred CPE Status by the UGC in 2006.
- First and the only College of the University to be chosen as a Community College by the UGC in 2014.
Ewing Christian College Courses
|B.Sc||Physics||10+2 in relevant streams|
|B.Com||-||10+2 with any stream|
|BCA||-||10+2 with Mathematics|
|PG Diploma||Computer Application||1 Year|
Apart from the courses mentioned above the college also offers B.Voc, Diploma courses and various certificate courses.
Read More: Ewing Christian College Courses and Fees
Ewing Christian College Admissions 2020
The subjects accessible involve B. A, B.Sc, B.Com, BCA, B.Voc., M.Sc, and M.A degree plans. It also contributes to several career-oriented Diploma and Postgraduate Diploma programs.
- The choice of applicants to degree subjects is rigorously based on the entrance test conducted by the college.
- There are separate admission tests for UG and PG courses.
- UG programs demand to pass in class 12 exams in a consistent stream; PG programs require a bachelor’s degree in a relevant regulation.
- The application form can be delivered only in online mode.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can obtain the application form online from the College website.
- Application fees will not be accepted through Cash/Cheque/Demand Draft/Money Order/Bank Pay Order etc and has to be paid online only.
- However, they can apply offline by purchasing the application form from ECC-ISD on cash payment of requisite fee. The duly filled in form should be submitted in person within a given time period.
Documents needed at the time of admission are:
- Proof of the S.S.L.C./Matriculation Score Report
- Evidence for Date of Birth
- Copy of the H.S.C. Mark Statement OR equivalent
- Transfer Certificate & Conduct Certificate
- Copy of the Permanent Community Certificate
- Copy of the First Graduation Certificate, if applicable
- Copy of the Permanent Residence Certificate
- Copy of the Special Category Reservation Certificate
Read More: Ewing Christian College Admissions 2020
Ewing Christian College Placements
Ewing Christian College provides excellent educational and training for the students with the curriculum and also with Skill Development Programs and helps them in getting Jobs and Internships.
The college provides all the support and encouragement for the skills development both technical skills and soft skills, so that the chances of the placements in the final year and internship opportunities in the 2nd and 3rd Year gets increased.
Read More: Ewing Christian College Placements
Ewing Christian College Scholarships
Ewing Christian College offers UP Government Scholarship to the students who are eligible for the scholarship. The eligibility criteria is fixed by the UP Government. The students eligible are those whose financial income is less than 1 lakh per year and also there is no Guardian in any Government services. Scholarship is available for all the courses, but only to eligible candidates. The college itself doesn’t provide any scholarship of its own.
Read More: Ewing Christian College Scholarships
Ewing Christian College Facilities
- Library: The college library is well-maintained and also the whole college and library are connected with the remote server. The students can avail the benefit of more than 1,00,000 e-books, 3000 plus journals..
- Parking: As there are no hostel facilities in the college, students have their transport arrangements. There is a well placed parking for all the students. The institute provides a token for such students who can avail the parking advantage for 1 year in the beginning of the academics.
- Internet: In today’s scenario, the Internet is the need for all. The college has more than 150 computers in two separate labs for the e-learning facilities of the students. These e-Learning programs need a high speed network for smooth flow of the curriculum. The college is also working towards making Information Technology, a tool for learning, teaching and evaluations.
- Purified Drinking Water: Water coolers with aqua protectors have been located at important places within the college bases for the learners. Regular analysis and servicing of the aqua guards are arranged to preserve a virtuous drinking liquid equipment.
Read More: Ewing Christian College Hostels
Ewing Christian College Faculty
The college has experienced faculties who are well qualified and skilled in their respective domains. Dr. Arthur Henry Ewing was the founder of the college. There are Professors, Associate Professors, and Departmental Head which are different for different streams such as Arts and Science. The faculty is highly qualified, and most of them have Phd Degrees. Faculties with good domain knowledge are available for students.
Read More: Ewing Christian College Faculty
Ewing Christian College FAQs
Ques. What is the best course of Ewing Christian College?
Ans. ECC offers various graduation courses on the basis of percentage and ranks in the entrance examination. BA and B.Sc with different courses combinations are offered by the college which are the best.
Ques. Is B.Ed course available at Ewing Christian College?
Ans. Yes, B.Ed course is available. It was started in the year 2003 with a thought to organize a Teachers Training Institution of Excellence with significance on Modern Information and Communication Techniques.
Ques. Is there any student union in Ewing Christian College?
Ans. Yes, there is a student union in the college. These student unions are the college students themselves, generally senior students of the college who work for the welfare of the college.
Ques. What are the various Career counseling and Placement Activities in Ewing Christian College?
Ans. This essential perspective for the scholars of the final year has been very delicately planned and is transpiring conducted by the College under the straight supervision of the College Administration. To accommodate enough Career knowledge and additional administration there is a dedicated "Career Information, Training and Placement Centre”.
Ques. What are the application fees for various courses at Ewing Christian College?
Ans. The application fee for UG courses in INR 700 and INR 1000 for PG courses if the candidates choose to apply online. For offline mode, it is INR 900 and INR 1200 respectively.