Academy of Technical and Management Education was established in 2010 in Karnataka. The institute offers a BE course in the undergraduate section with 5 specialization options, and 2 M.Tech degrees in the postgraduate section. Admission to undergraduate courses is done based on CET/ COMEDK rank. GATE score is considered for postgraduate admissions. All applications must be done offline.
Academy of Technical and Management Education Highlights
|Established | Type of Institute||2007 | Private|
|Accredited by||AICTE and NBA|
|Affiliated to||VTU, Karnataka|
|Courses offered||B.E and M.Tech|
|Entrance exams||KCET/ COMEDK and GATE|
|Admission criteria||Entrance Based|
|Top recruiters||Infosys, HP, Amazon, Mphasis|
|Campus area||3 lakh sq. ft|
|Facilities||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Seminar halls|
Academy of Technical and Management Education Rankings & Achievements
ATME participates in NIRF rankings and is a prestigious private university in Karnataka. ATME has been recognized as “The Best Emerging Private Engineering College in Karnataka” as well as “Most Promising upcoming Private Engineering College in Karnataka” for two consecutive years.
Academy of Technical and Management Education Courses
|B.E||Specializations: Electronics and Communication Engineering Mechanical Engineering Computer Science and Engineering Electrical and Electronics Engineering Civil Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10+2 with minimum 45% aggregate in Physics and Maths with Chemistry/ Biology/ Electronics/ Bio-Technology/ Computers (40% for SC/ ST/ Cat 1,2A,2B,3A,3B) with English as one of the languages
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (CET/ COMEDK)
|M.Tech||Specializations: Digital Electronics Machine Design
Duration: 2 years Eligibility: B.E/ B.Tech/ AMIE
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (GATE) Read More
Academy of Technical and Management Education Admissions
The admissions are purely based on the entrance exam.
How to Apply?
- Applications must be done
- Merit list for courses is prepared based on performance in the entrance exam.
- Application forms are available on the official website.
- Applicants should download the form and fill it up carefully.
- Candidates must attach the relevant documents.
- Application fee of INR 200 must be paid by Demand Draft and sent with the filled form, documents, and 3 self-addressed postal envelopes to the college address: 13th Kilometer, Mysore-Kanakapura-Bangalore road, Mysore 570-028, Karnataka.
- Once the merit list is announced, candidates must report to the college with 5 copies and originals of all attached documents.
- They can then complete the further admission process
Academy of Technical and Management Education Cutoff
KCET Cutoff Round 1 2018 for the general category-
|BE Computer Science and Engineering||57700|
|BE Civil Engineering||68206|
|BE Electronics & Communication Engineering||76750|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||102410|
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||94284|
COMEDK-UGET Cutoff Round 1 2017 for the general category-
|BE Computer Science and Engineering||33970|
|BE Civil Engineering||54572|
|BE Electronics & Communication Engineering||57634|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||56823|
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||33691|
Academy of Technical and Management Education Placement
ATME has a dedicated placement cell for students. The department conducts various workshops, seminars, and conferences throughout the year to hone skills and improve students’ employability. They further provide a pre-placement training course to prepare students for interviews. The department invites several local and international companies for recruitment each year.
The highest salary package offered was INR 7 LPA by BYJUs in 2019. Top recruiters in the past year were Amazon, Infosys, Accenture, TATA, HP, IBM, Airtel, Unilog, Sapience, Seventh Sense, West line, Pompeii, etc.
Academy of Technical and Management Education Scholarship
There are 5 major scholarships offered by the university
- New students scholarship – fee concession based on performance at 10+2/ CET
- Continuing students scholarship – INR 1000 for 1st topper and INR 500 for 2nd topper from each department
- Lateral entry scholarships – INR 5000 to lateral entry students clearing 2nd year in one attempt
- Financial aid – Need-based scholarship given based on family income
- ATME Vidyasare scheme – free education for meritorious students with a high score in CET/ PCM aggregate
Academy of Technical and Management Education Facilities
The campus is spread across 3 lakh sq. ft. Several facilities are available for students.
- Library: Students have access to a large library located on campus that houses over 3000 books and journals. A facility to access online journals and E-books is also available here. All reference books required for courses can be found here.
- Hostel: ATME has separate hostel blocks for girls and boys, that can accommodate up to 470 students. The hostels are modern and comfortable and have Wi-Fi, CCTV security, mess, medical assistance, and leisure/ sports rooms.
- Canteen: The on-campus cafeteria serves healthy and hygienic vegetarian food to students. Various cuisines are available, and the cafeteria is open from 8 AM to 5 PM
- Sports: ATME is renowned for its accomplishments in sports and its students represent the college at VTU and state level in several categories, such as Softball, Baseball, Handball, Throwball, Cricket, Hockey, Wrestling, Table Tennis, etc.
- Other Facilities: Besides this, fully equipped computer labs and classrooms, ATM, convenience store, auditorium, and health center are also present on campus.
Academy of Technical and Management Education FAQs
Ques. Can applications for admission to the Academy of Technical and Management Education be done online?
Ans. No, all admissions are strictly done offline. Candidates must mail the filled application form to the college.
Ques. How many seats are available for each program in the Academy of Technical and Management Education?
Ans. The following number of seats are available for each program at the Academy of Technical and Management Education:
|B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering||120|
|B.E Mechanical Engineering||120|
|B.E Computer Science and Engineering||120|
|B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering||60|
|B.E Civil Engineering||60|
|M.Tech Digital Electronics||18|
|M.Tech Machine Design||18|
Ques. Is lateral entry available in the Academy of Technical and Management Education?
Ans. Yes, all specializations of B.E offer lateral entry to students with AMIE in relevant subjects. These students get admission directly to the 2nd year of the program.
Ques. How is the faculty of the Academy of Technical and Management Education?
Ans. The faculty at ATME is highly trained. There are a total of 111 staff members across departments, and 16 of these members hold Doctorate degrees. The professors are reputed in their respective fields and have vast experience in research and teaching.
Ques. Does the Academy of Technical and Management Education offer students the chance to collaborate with other institutions?
Ans. Yes, ATME has tie-ups with a few universities to conduct activities. ATME is a remote center of IIT Bombay. This is to conduct workshops and seminars to improve skills. As a nodal center for IIRS-ISRO Dehradun, students and faculty at ATME can attend live courses/ sessions by experts from IIRS. AICTE and ATME have collaborated to facilitate job and internship opportunities for students through Youth4work. MHRD and ATME have developed virtual labs to allow students access to lab simulations 24/ 7.
Ques. What all documents are required at the time of admission to the Academy of Technical and Management Education?
Ans. Following documents are required at the time of admission:
- All mark sheets of qualifying exam ( 10+2/ Bachelor’s degree)
- Conduct certificate
- ID proof
- Address proof
- Entrance exam scorecard
- Entrance exam hall ticket
- 5 passport size photos
- 3 stamp size photos
- Caste Certificate (if needed)
- Migration certificate (if needed)