Fergusson College Pune Admissions 2020: Courses, Eligibility, Application Form
Fergusson College was established by the Deccan Education Society in 1885 in Pune. The college received the status of the College of Excellence in 2017 and Special Heritage Status in 2014 by UGC. It is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU).
The college offers B.A. (Hons), B.Sc. (Hons) and B.Voc courses at UG level. At the PG level, the college offers M.A. and M.Sc. programs in various specializations. The college also offers 8 certificate courses. At Research Level, the college offers 5 Ph.D. courses.
- Applications for admission to Fergusson College have to be submitted online.
- Applicants who have appeared for Higher Secondary Examinations in Science/ Arts/ Commerce are eligible for admissions to various undergraduate courses.
- For admission to MA and M.Sc courses, candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in the concerned disciplines are eligible to apply.
- Admission to all the UG courses will be merit-based as per the rules of the university.
- Selection to the PG courses is done on the basis of merit and entrance examination score on a ratio of 50:50 for students of SPPU.
- For other university students, candidates will be selected purely on the basis of the entrance examination.
Read about Fergusson College Courses & Fee
Fergusson College Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the College||Fergusson College|
|Type of Institute||Public|
|Courses Available||UG: B.A, B.Sc, B.Voc PG: M.A, M.Sc.|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||UG: 10+2 Qualification PG: Bachelor’s Degree|
|Basic Selection Criteria||Merit or Entrance Exam|
Fergusson College Undergraduate Admission 2020
Fergusson College offers a three-year Bachelor’s degree in various specializations of Arts and Science.
For admission to these courses, candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Examinations. For B.Sc courses, the qualifying examination must be passed in the Science stream.
|B.A.||Philosophy||Qualified 10+2 examinations in any stream|
|B.Voc.||Media and Communications|
|Digital Art and Animation|
|B.Sc.||Animation||Passed class 12th examinations in Science stream|
- The college issues three merit lists for admissions.
- Candidates must bring original and scanned copies of relevant documents at the time of admission.
- M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications
- B. Voc. (under UGC-NSQF):
- Media and Communications
- Digital Art and Animation
The college also offers Vocational Courses in B.Sc. at UG level:
- B. Sc. (Physics) with Photography and Audio-Visual Production
- B. Sc. (Electronic Science) with Electronic Equipment Maintenance
- B. Sc. (Botany/Zoology/Chemistry) with Biotechnology
The college offers the following certificate courses:
- Counseling Psychology
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Women and Development
- American Studies
- MEAN STACK Web Development
- Certificate Course in English Content Writing
- Yoga and Meditation
- Graduation in any discipline is recommended.
- Open to students from Fergusson College as well as outside.
Note: These courses are ideal for Final year UG/PG students from any discipline
Fergusson College Postgraduate Admission 2020
At the postgraduate level, the college offers two-year Master’s courses in various disciplines of Arts and Science. Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree in concerned disciplines with at least 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply.
Also, a three-year M.Sc. is offered with a specialization in Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications.
Candidates will be admitted to the M.A. / Marathi and M.Sc. Electronics) strictly on Examination.
|M.A.||Economics||Bachelor’s in Arts in concerned subjects with 50% aggregate marks|
|M.Sc.||Analytical Chemistry||Bachelor’s in Science in concerned subjects with 50% aggregate marks|
- Admissions to all the PG courses are done through an entrance examination conducted by the respective departments of the college for students from other universities.
- For students from SPPU, candidates are selected on the basis of merit (50%) and entrance examination marks (50%).
- For candidates belonging to SPPU, college gives weightage to both entrance exam (50%) and marks in Bachelors (50%)
- Exam Pattern:
- Duration of test – 1 hr
- Marks for entrance test – 50
- Number of questions – 50
- No negative marks
- Result of entrance test will be displayed within 2 days after the entrance exam.
- Merit list for the admissions will be prepared on the basis of Entrance Test result ONLY for all candidates.
- For candidates belonging to other universities, only the marks in the entrance exam will be considered for admission.
- After the selection of the candidate for admissions during the counseling, he/she needs to submit INR. 5000/- in Cash or through Demand Draft.
Fergusson College Ph.D. Admission 2020
The college offers the following Ph.D. courses:
- Environmental Science
- Electronic Science
Eligibility Criteria: The candidate’s must possess a Masters degree in a relevant field.
Candidates must clear the entrance exam to be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. course.
How to Apply for Fergusson College?
Applications for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses have to be submitted online. Candidates can follow the procedure given below for application submission:
- Go to the Fergusson College Website.
- Click on the Online Admissions link or Admission Menu.
- Select the appropriate Class.
- Fill/Verify Personal details and Qualifying Examination details in the Admission Form.
- Take a print out of Admission Form and Fee Challan.
- Attach Xerox copies of necessary documents.
- Submit the Admission Form along with the Fees to the respective Department.
|General Category||INR. 500/-|
|Reserved Category||INR. 350/-|
- Aadhar Card
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Domicile certificate
- Entrance Score Card
- Caste certificate, Caste Validity Certificate
- Non-Creamy layer certificate
- GAP certificate
- Parent’s certificate of employment in Defence Forces
|Defence Personnel's Child/Ex-servicemen||5|
Fergusson College Scholarships
The institute offers a number of free ships and scholarships, which are as follows:
- SC/OBC/NT/ST/SBC Scholarship
- SC/ NT/ SBC Shri Rajeshree Shahu Scholarship
- Nagaland Government Scholarship
- Savitribai Phule Merit Scholarship
- Jain Merit Scholarship
- 80% Central Sector Scholarship
- Minority Scholarship
- Inspire Scholarship
- Jindal F Scholarship
- Ek Lavya Scholarship
- Government Open Merit Scholarship
- Sanskrut School Scholarship
- Bisi Kamgar Scholarship
- Smt. Vijaya Devi Shirke Educational Trust
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Rashtriya Shaikshnik Anusandhan & Prashikshan School
Ques. What are the basic requirements for admission to the Content Writing Certificate course?
Basic Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Content Writing:
- Good command over the language in which content is to be written
- Ability to write well on diverse topics
- Knowledge of MS Windows & World Wide Web
Ques. Does the college offer Hostel facilities?
Ans. The college does offer Hostel Facilities. There are separate accommodations for Girls and Boys. Seats in the hostels are limited and there is no direct admission in the hostels. The Fergusson College Hostel admissions are open to the First Year Courses only.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for B.A. (Hons) Geography?
Ans. Candidates must have qualified the 10+2 examinations in the relevant stream from the recognized board.
Ques. How to apply for M.Sc. Organic Chemisty?
Admissions to all the PG courses are through entrance exam. Candidates can follow the given procedure to apply for admission:
- Visit the official website of Fergusson College
- Select Applications link at the home page.
- Register with valid email id and phone number.
- Log in with the credentials received after successful registration.
- Upload scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Proceed to pay the application fee.
- The application fee has to be submitted online only (Net Banking or Credit/Debit cards).
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College