Bearys Institute of Technology (BIT) is a private engineering institution which is located in the city of Mangalore, Karnataka, India. The institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka and was established in 2009.
The college offers B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering), M.Tech (Master of Technology) and Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) programs under various specializations to its students.
- Admission in Bearys Institute of Technology to the B.E. program is done on the basis of the rank secured by the candidates either in JEE main examination or KCET.
- Admission to the M.Tech program is done either through GATE or Karnataka PGCET.
- Admission to the Ph.D. program is done on the basis of performance of candidates in Written Test followed by a Personal Interview round.
- For B.Tech, candidate must have secured 10+2 with minimum 45% marks.
- For M.Tech, candidate must have secured minimum 45% marks in B.E. or B.Tech degree in relevant discipline.
- Admission to Ph.D. is done if candidate have a master’s degree in relevant discipline.
Read More: BIT Mangalore Fees Structure
Highlights Table of BIT Mangalore
|Name of Institute||Bearys Institute of Technology(BIT)|
|Basic admission criteria||National Level Entrance|
|Name of entrance||JEE Main or KCET (B.Tech.)|
|GATE or KPGCET (M.Tech.)|
Bearys Institute of Technology(BIT) Important Dates 2019 (Tentative)
|Entrance Name||Application Start Date||Application End Date||Exam Date|
|KCET||February 1, 2019||March 8, 2019||April 18-27, 2019|
|JEE Main||December 1, 2018||January 1, 2019||April 8, 2019 (Offline) & April 15 – 16, 2019 (Online)|
|GATE||September 5, 2018||October 9, 2018||February 03, 04, 10 and 11, 2019|
|Karnataka PGCET||May 19, 2019||June 5, 2019||July 1, 2019|
Bearys Institute of Technology(BIT) B.Tech Admission 2019
Bearys Institute of Technology offers Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree program in four different specializations. The course duration for each of the B.Tech program is four-year. The total number of seats allocated for the B.Tech program is 300 (annual).
Admission to the B.Tech program is done through JEE Mainconducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Candidates who belong to the state of Karnataka need to appear for the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) conducted by the Government of Karnataka.
Additionally candidates must have passed the 10+2 level examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and must have either Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Biology / Electronics as one of the optional subjects with English as one of the subjects of study.
Candidates must have secured a minimum aggregate of 45% in the optional subjects (40% for SC/ST category-1 and OBC candidates) to be considered eligible for admission.
List of B.Tech. Courses:
|Course Name||Specialization||Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|B.Tech.||Civil Engineering||60||A pass in II PUC/Intermediate/10+2 or any other equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology/Electronics as optional subjects with English and an minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the optional subjects||Karnataka CET / JEE Main|
|Computer Science Engineering||60|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering||60|
Key Points for B.Tech Admission:
- 5% relaxation of marks in eligibility criteria is given by the institute to SC / ST.CAT-1 / OBC candidates.
Bearys Institute of Technology(BIT) M.Tech Admission 2019
Bearys Institute of Technology - [BIT] offers Master of Technology (M.Tech) degree to its students in two specializations.
The duration of the M.Tech program is two-year for each of the specializations. The total number of seats allocated for the M.Tech courses is 36.
Admission to the M.Tech program is done on the basis of merit in GATE examination. Candidates belonging from the state of Karnataka will have to appear in Karnataka Post Graduate Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGCET) conducted by the government of Karnataka.
Additionally, aspiring candidates for the M.Tech program must hold a B.E. / B.Tech degree from a recognized university in a relevant branch of Engineering or Technology with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate to be considered eligible to take part in the admission process.
List of M.Tech Courses:
|Course Name||Specialization||Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|M.Tech.||Mechanical Engineering (Machine Drawing)||18||B.E. / B.Tech examinations in relevant field of VTU or any other examinations recognized by the University as equivalent with not less than 50% marks (45% in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST)||GATE / KPGCET|
|Computer Science Engineering||18|
Key Points for M.Tech Admission:
- 5% relaxation of marks in eligibility criteria is given by the institute to SC / ST candidates.
Bearys Institute of Technology- [BIT] Ph.D. Admission 2019
Bearys Institute of Technology - [BIT] offers Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program to its students in two specializations.
Aspiring candidates for the Ph.D. program must hold a Master’s degree in relevant discipline to be considered eligible for admission.
Admission is done through an Entrance Test conducted by the Visvesvaraya Technological University. Final selection is done through a Personal Interview conducted by the respective department.
Candidates who have GATE, UGC-NET(including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ SLET/ teacher fellowship holder will be given preference.
List of Ph.D. programs:
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|Ph.D.||Mechanical Engineering||Master's degree in relevant discipline||Written Test, Personal Interview|
Bearys Institute of Technology(BIT) Application Process 2019
The college offers the application form through Online and Offline mode.
- For Online Application Mode, candidates need to visit the official website of the college.
- Click on the Link Apply Online.
- Fill all the information carefully and submit.
- Pay the application fees by online mode.
- For Offline Application Mode, candidate can download the Application form from the official website.
- Click on ‘Application Form’ tab and click on ‘Download BIT Application Form’.
- Fill the form carefully and sent it to the college.
- Candidates who wish to appear for Karnataka CET / K PGCET/JEE Main/GATE examinations must visit the official website of the conducting bodies to obtain online application forms.
Documents (Xerox copies) required to be attached with Application form:
- SSLC/10th Standard Marks card
- HSC (PUC/XII) examination certificate with marks
- Degree or Diploma with marks
- Six recent Stamp Size Photograph
- Three recent Passport Size Photograph
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Caste Validity Certificate
- Study Certificate if have studied 10 year in rural area attested by BEO
- Parents ID Card
Bearys Institute of Technology(BIT) Scholarship Details 2019
Bearys Institute of Technology - [BIT] offers scholarships to deserving and meritorious candidates.
|Merit of Scholarship||Value of Scholarship|
|Economically deprived and those who excel in sports, NCC, NSS and other extracurricular activities||100% concession in fees|
|CET rankings less than 1000||100% exemption from fees|
|CET rankings less than 5000||50% exemption from fees|
|For Students in academic year 2013-14||INR 75,00,000|
The college also offers other various scholarship schemes which are –
- Merit cum Means Scholarship for Minority students
- Post Matric Scholarship for Minority students
- Danish Scholarship
- Arivu Educational Loan for Minority students
- Karnataka state Zakath Scholarship
- SC/ST Scholarship
- Indian Oil Scholarship
- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
- Bearys Welfare Association Scholarship
- Wakf Scholarship for Muslim Woman
- Backward classes Scholarship
- Popular Front of India Loan scheme
- LIC Scholarship
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College