Updated On - April 2nd 2018
Chikka Muniyappa Reddy Institution of Technology (CMRIT), Bangalore was popularly known as CMR Institute of Technology under CMR Jnanadhara Trust. It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. It is recognized by Government of Karnataka and accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The vision of the institute is to recognized as the premier institute in the state for technical education that will foster centers of excellence in training, research, and consultancy. The mission of the institute to provide excellent infrastructural facilities to aid delivery of coursework and create an environment conducive to learning and harmony.
Department of Physics
Department of Chemistry
Department of Mathematics
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
Department of Information Science & Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Telecommunication Engineering
Master of Business Administration
Master of Computer Applications
Infosys - Campus Connect
IBM - Centre of Excellence
TCS - Recruitment Partners
DST - Image Processing
Texas Instruments - Analog Communication Lab
The institute has Dwani auditorium with a seating capacity of 350 persons.
All the 89 classrooms are well furnished.
The institute has 05 LAN and Wifi enabled computer lab with 1486 PC’s which are well equipped with latest tools and technologies.
The library has a collection of about 5695 titles and 23,000 volumes of books
The hostel facility is available for both boys and girls students separately with a total capacity of 340 students.
- Aarohan - The music club of the Institute
- Art-Ed - The art club of the Institute
- Association of Computer Engineers – The Computer Science & Engineering Department Club of the Institute
- CSI CMRIT Student Branch – The Computer Society of the Institute
- Electronic Technical Association – Club for the Department of ECE of the Institute
- Forum of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – Club for the Technical Events of the Institute
- GLUG - Club for the awareness of Free Software Movement
- Kannada Club – It spreads awareness about the Kannada Language and Culture
- Kiniseis - The dance club of the Institute
- Minerva - Literary Club – The Literature club of the Institute
- Photography Club – The Photography club of the Institute and many more.
CMR Memorial Scholarships - for the economically weak students from the rural areas
CMR Merit Scholarships - for the students having an outstanding academic record
CMR Leadership Awards - for the student who is exceptionally all-rounder in every discipline
CMR Sports Scholarships - for the students who have participated in state/national/international level competitions
ICCR Scholarships - Various scholarships offered by Indian Council for Cultural Relations
Other Scholarships -
Backward Class Merit Scholarships
Scholarships from Govt. of Karnataka
Scholarships from various State Govt.