The Chettinad College of Engineering and Technology, also known as CCET, is a private institute in Karur, Tamil Nadu. The institute offers Bachelor of Engineering courses at the UG level, and Masters of Engineering and Masters of Business Administration at the PG level. Admissions to all courses are merit-based. The UG admissions are based on TNEA counseling, while TANCET scores are accepted for PG courses. The top recruiters of the college include Amazon, Infosys, and Wipro, among many others.
Chettinad College of Engineering and Technology Highlights
|Established | Type||2007 | Private|
|Set by||Chettinad Group|
|Courses offered||BE, ME and MBA|
|Admission criteria||Entrance Based|
|Entrance Exam||TNEA, TANCET|
|Top recruiters||Chettinad Cement, TATA, Wipro, Cognizant, etc.|
|Facilities||Library, hostels, sports complex, etc.|
Chettinad College of Engineering and Technology Courses
Courses offered by the institute include B.E, M.E, and MBA. The details of the courses are mentioned below.
|B.E||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10 + 2 with 50% in Science
Specializations: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and Electrical & electronics engineering
Selection Criteria: TNEA
Fees per Annum: INR 55,000
|M.E||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B.E/ B.Tech in concerned disciplines with 50%
Specializations: VLSI Designs
Selection Criteria: TANCET
Fees per Annum: INR 30,000
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with 50% aggregate marks
Selection Criteria: TANCET
Fees per Annum: INR 22,500
Chettinad College of Engineering and Technology Admissions
Admissions to all courses are entrance based. Admissions to the B.E courses are based on the TNEA examination, while admissions to the M.E and MBA courses are based on TANCET. The steps to apply and other details are mentioned below.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply for the TANCET and TNEA examination and counseling through the official portal.
- For the TANCET examination, candidates need to register with a valid email id, phone number, and password.
- In the case of TANCET, the application fee is INR 500 for general candidates and INR 250 for reserved category candidates.
- The application fee can be paid through Debit/ Credit card or Net banking.
- For TNEA applications, candidates need to register through the official portal and fill the personal details along with academic qualification details.
Attach the self-attested copies of the following documents along with the hard copy of the duly filled in form:
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Transfer certificate issued by the school
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity certificate
- Relevant certificates for the children of Ex-servicemen/freedom fighters
Chettinad College of Engineering and Technology Placements
A total of 193 students received placements for the academic 2019-20, receiving offers from 35 companies. The college has MoUs with 7 firms and over 70 recruiting partners. The top recruiters of the college include:
|Renault Nissan||TVS||TATA Consultancy|
Chettinad College of Engineering and Technology Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- Library: The Central Library has excellent state-of-the-art infrastructure with a unique resource collection. It has computerized all its housekeeping activities using library software AUTOLIB. This enables users to search for and avail the library resources.
- Hostel: There are separate hostels for girls and boys and each hostel has a fixed capacity. Students are provided accommodation based on vacancy and on a first-come-first-served basis. They have access to a TV room and other leisure/sports activities within the hostel premises.
- Sports: The campus also houses a sports complex and a swimming pool. The sports complex contains a fitness center, badminton, tennis and basketball courts, and a snooker hall. Outdoor running track, football, and cricket grounds are also available along with net facilities.
Chettinad College of Engineering and Technology FAQs
Ques. How do we contact the college for further details?
Ques. What was the cut-off TNEA cut-off for 2019?
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||4986-9075|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||7394|
Ques. What is the intake capacity for the B.E programs?
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||60|
|Electrical & electronics engineering||60|
|Computer Science & Engineering||60|
Ques. Are there any reservations for seats?
|Backward Muslim class||3.50|
|Most backward class & Denotified communities||20|
|Scheduled caste (arunthathiyars)||3|
Ques. What are the important dates to keep in mind?
|Registration Start Date for BE||03 May - 30 May 2020|
|Registration Start Date for ME/MBA||02 Apr 2020|
|Entrance Date||19 May 2020|