East West Institute of Technology was established in 2001 and is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. The Institute is approved by AICTE and accredited by NBA and NAAC. The Institute is famous for engineering as well as management courses and offers UG, PG and PhD programmes in numerous specializations. Admissions in these courses are based on entrance examinations.
Applications of admissions can be submitted through offline or online mode. Some of the names of top recruiters who had visited the campus for recruiting students are TATA, WIPRO, HP, Amazon, TechMahindra, Infosys, HCL, JUSPAY, Oracle and many more.
East West Institute of Technology Highlights
Tabulated below are some facts about the Institute interested candidates can check:
|Established | Type||2001 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University[VTU], Belgaum|
|Recognised by||UGC and Govt. of Karnataka|
|Accredited by||NBA, NAAC|
|Courses offered||UG, PG and PhD|
|Campus Area||20 Acres|
|Facilities||Library, smart classrooms, laboratory, canteen, sports facilities, transportation, hostels etc.|
|Top recruiters||Accenture, Wipro, IBM, Capgemini, UST Global, Mind Tree|
East West Institute of Technology Courses
The Institute offers UG, PG and PhD programs and details regarding the courses including eligibility as well as selection criteria are tabulated below that candidates can check.
|B.E.||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility criteria: 10+2 Passed with PCM/PCB/PCE Subjects.
Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
Selection criteria: CET/COMED K/Management
|MBA/MBA (Dual)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Graduate with 50% Marks
Specializations: Finance, HR, Marketing
Specializations(Dual): Finance and Marketing, Marketing & HR, HR & Finance
Selection Criteria: PGCET/Management
|MCA||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree with 50% Marks and Mathematics as Compulsory Subject.
Selection Criteria: PGCET/Management
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Passed B.E. in Relevant Stream
Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Digital Electronics, Machine Design, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering
Selection Criteria:- PG-CET/Management
|PhD||Duration: 3 years (min)
Eligibility Criteria: Passed Master’s Degree with minimum 50% marks.
Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, MBA(management)
Selection Criteria: VUT Entrance Test
Check course fee information East West Institute of Technology Courses and Fees
East West Institute of Technology Admissions
Admissions to various courses at this Institute are based on merit as well as management. The Institute accepts national level as well as state-level entrance tests. Besides this, for PhD course, the VUT entrance test is accepted.
How to apply?
A candidate who wish to get admission in this Institute need to follow the below-given steps:
- Download the application form from the official website
- A fee of INR 500/- should be remitted through Demand Draft/Bank Draft/Cheque. This fee is applicable to candidates residing in India
- Candidates residing outside India will have to pay $15 as a Demand Draft/Bank Draft/Cheque.
- Duly filled application form and the Demand Draft/Bank Draft/Cheque should be sent to the Institute in offline mode.
- Once your application is received, the Institute brochure will be sent to you through post to the address mentioned in your application.
Online Application Process
- Visit the official website of the Institute
- Fill the online application form with all the basic details
- Upload the slip copy of the transaction of fee payment.
- Submit the form
- Keep the print out of it for future reference
For detailed information read East West Institute of Technology Admission
East West Institute of Technology Placements
The Institute has a well-functioning placement and training wing. In the final year of the course, it is compulsory for the students to attend an internship at various corporate companies or research Institutes. Top recruiters who visited the campus are TATA, WIPRO, HP, Amazon, TechMahindra, Infosys, HCL, JUSPAY, Oracle etc. This year, 44 companies have visited the campus and hired students from different fields.
|Branches||No. of Students Placed|
|Total No of Students Placed||393|
To read more click on East West Institute of Technology Placements
East West Institute of Technology Facilities
The Institute provides all facilities to students like every other top College or Institute.
- Library: The Institute has separate libraries for UG and PG students. Besides this, every department has a department library to cater the needs of students. This well-equipped library has 39,268 books, 85 printed national as well as international journals
- Transportation: The Institute provides transportation facilities to the day scholars. There are currently six bus routes. Bus timings, bus number and detailed routes are available on the official website. Students who require the transportation facility must apply for it during the admission processes
- Hostels:- Students are given hostel facilities by the Institute. Separate hostels are available for boys and girls. They have one hostel for girls and two hostels for boys. Hostels are well maintained and wardens look after all the activities in the hostels.
- Sports facilities: Sports complexes for both indoor and outdoor activities are available within the campus. Indoor games such as table tennis, chess, caroms, and outdoor games such as basketball, volleyball, kho kho, netball, throw ball, kabaddi are played inside the campus.
- Multi-Cuisine Canteen: The canteen serves hygienic and quality food. The menu includes North Indian as well as South Indian food with varieties every day.
- Other Facilities: Seminar hall, Auditorium, Parking, Smart Classrooms, Bank and ATM, Snack Outlets, Photocopy Center etc.
East West Institute of Technology Faculties
The Institute has many experienced and highly qualified professors and other teaching faculties. Each of the departments has a Head who is a professor and also has many years of experience in his area of expertise.
- Professors: 24
- Associate Professors: 35+
- Assistant Professors: 150+
Get information on East West Institute of Technology Faculty
East West Institute of Technology FAQs
Ques. Does East West Institute of Technology offer dual MBA programs?
Ans. Along with core MBA programs, the Institute also offers dual MBA programs in Finance and Marketing, Marketing and HR, HR and Finance. Students have the opportunity to pursue this course in this Institute.
Ques. Does East West Institute of Technology have community wise relaxation in eligibility criteria for PhD programs?
Ans. The Institute has community relations in the case of eligibility criteria for PhD programs. But this relaxation is restricted to SC/ST category of Karnataka students. A relaxation of 5% i.e. 45% is the minimum marks that should be obtained to be eligible for PhD admission.
Ques. Does East West Institute of Technology have community wise relaxation in eligibility criteria for M. Tech programs?
Ans. Most of the courses have relaxation in eligibility criteria at this Institute. But M.Tech does not offer any relaxation. Eligibility criteria is the same for all the candidates irrespective of community.
Ques. Who are the top recruiters of CSE at East West Institute of Technology?
Ans. As per the data of placement 2020, the top recruiters of CSE include Infosys, ABC-CSR Recruitment, Destinations, Pentagon Space etc. All these are Bangalore based companies. Around ten students were placed in each of these companies.
Ques. How far is East West Institute of Technology from Bangalore?
Ans. The Institute is around an hour away from Bangalore city. Buses are available every fifteen minutes. The complete address is mentioned in the Institute website that candidates can check. Anyone can reach the Institute easily without any trouble.