Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering (GVPCE), Visakhapatnam was established in 1996. It is one of the most renowned engineering colleges of South India. Achieving a score of 3.47 out of 4.00, it was accredited with grade ‘A’ by NAAC in 2009. In the same year, the institute was given the ‘Autonomous’ status by UGC.
At the UG level, the college offers B.Tech. and B.Tech. (Part-time) courses and at the PG level, it offers MCA and M.Tech. courses. EAMCET, GATE, and ICET are the entrances accepted here.
GVPCE Visakhapatnam Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1996 | Autonomous|
|Accreditation||NAAC Grade ‘A’|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech., B.Tech. (lateral entry), M.Tech., and MCA|
|Campus Area||21 Acres|
GVPCE Visakhapatnam Courses
It offers 4 years of UG B.Tech. programs in 7 specialized branches. The college offers PG courses like MCA program and M.Tech. M.Tech. is offered in 7 departments. The detailed structure of the courses is mentioned below:
Read More: GVP Visakhapatnam Courses and Fee Structure
GVPCE Visakhapatnam Admission
It offers Bachelor of Technology courses with duration of 4 years. The total number of seats varies depending upon the specialization. The institute also offers a 3-year part-time B.Tech. course in Chemical Engineering. It offers PG courses in M.Tech. and MCA with the durations of 2 years and 3 years respectively.
Various courses accept different entrance exams: EAMCET for B.Tech.; GATE for M.Tech.; and ICET for MCA. All applications are invited in online mode.
- Interested candidates must visit the official websites of the entrance exam conducting bodies depending upon the opted course to register themselves.
- Fill out the application form for entrance and appear for the test.
- Also, access the official site of the college at http://www.gvpce.ac.in/ to access, fill, submit the application form online. Upload all scan copies of the documents.
- The candidates might have to attend the interview sessions for some courses as mandated by the affiliated university.
- After interview, submit the documents for verification.
- Pay the prescribed fees and get admitted.
Read More: GVPCE Visakhapatnam Admission 2020
GVPCE Visakhapatnam Placement
Being one of the best engineering colleges at Andhra Pradesh, the college is well-known for its placement opportunities as well. In almost all the academic years, the students of this institute were successfully placed in famous companies by securing very good salary packages from around 30 companies. The placement details recorded in the academic year 2019 are discussed below:
|Company Name||Highest Package (in INR)|
|Commvault Systems India Pvt. Ltd.||12.21 LPA|
|Mu Sigma||7 LPA|
|Phenom People||6.6 LPA|
Read More: GVPCE Visakhapatnam Placement
GVPCE Visakhapatnam Facilities
Facilities provided by the college are:
- Library- The library of this college is being regularly updated. It consists of all the modern-day resources such as Online Databases, Micro Documents, Books, Project Reports, Journals Thesis, Back Volume of Journals, and Video Lessons from NPTEL.
- Health Care Centre- Medical facilities are available for students and college staffs during the college hours. 24 hours ambulance service is also available.
- Hostel- Separate hostel facilities have been provided for both boys and girls. The girls’ hostel is equipped with special amenities and boys’ hostel has been provided with access to the campus library.
- Sports- For the fitness of the students, a physical education department has been established under the guidance of qualified and experienced professors. Students can make use of various sports facilities such as basketball, ball badminton, cricket-practicing nets, football, table tennis, tennis, throw ball, volleyball, shuttle badminton, 200 meters track and field, gym, and yoga centre.
- Canteen- College provides hygienic and well-cooked food to the students through its canteen.
Read More: GVP Visakhapatnam Hostel
GVPCE Visakhapatnam FAQs
Ques. How many seats are available for B.Tech. courses in GVPCE?
Ans. The number of seats available for each specialization of B.Tech. differs as shown below:
|Branch||Number of Seats|
|Computer Science & Engineering||240|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||240|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||120|
Ques. Are the internet facilities available inside the GVPCE campus?
Ans. Yes, both the internet and intranet facilities are available within the college premises.
Ques. What is the fee structure of UG and PG courses of GVPCE?
Ans. Total Fee structure of UG and PG are:
|Course||Total course fee in INR (approx.)|
|B.Tech./ B.Tech. (lateral)||4.3 lakhs|
Ques. What documents will be required during the admission into MCA?
Ans. The documents required for taking admission in MCA are:
- Study Certificate
- Report Cards along with its photocopies
- Caste/Category Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Provisional Certificate
- Passport Sizes Photos
- AP-EAMCET Score Sheet
Ques. What cut-off rank is required for getting admission into B.Tech. course?
Ans. The cut-off ranks required for getting admission into the different specializations of B.Tech. program of the college through AP-EAMCET are:
- B.Tech. Chemical Engineering: Male - 21529 Female - 27998
- B.Tech. Civil Engineering: Male - 84021 Female - 12658
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering: Male – 101205 Female - 4322
- B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering: Male – 27234 Female - 5576
- B.Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Male - 6306 Female – 10595
- B.Tech. Information Technology: Male - 6780 Female - 7277
- B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering: Male - 19844 Female - 32505