Global Institute of Engineering and Technology is an educational institution established in 2009 by Prasad Educational Trust. GET is spread over a sprawling 20 acre campus and ambient surroundings near Palar river and Jawadi hills on both sides. The Institute is situated 16kms from the Vellore Bus stand and is also connected to the railway station which is 20kms from the institute. In the near future, another railway station is going to be constructed at a walking distance from the college.
The infrastructure of the college attracts the nearby students as well as others. The college building is architecturally designed with 1 lakh square metres length area as per the AICTE norms.
Attracting Features of GIT :
- Ranked 1st among prestigious colleges in the region
- Library with 25000+ printed volumes and 350+ national and international journals.
- Continuously achieving 90+ % of placement in the year 2013 and 2014.
- Highest offer given is 6.83 lakhs per annum in 2014.
- Fully AC canteen
- Facility of air conditioned gymnasium, snooker, shuttle and basketball courts.
Tie Ups :
- Accredited center by TCS for conducting examinations
- Tie ups with – MoU with board of Apprenticeship and Training(Central Govt), Aircel cellular Ltd, IIT-Chicago, CSU st Bernardio,USA.
Preferring Higher Studies
Percentile student placed
- Annual Day
- Blood Donation Camps
- Robotics Workshop
The library consists over 25000 printed volumes of books and reference books of each department. The available journals helps the students and teachers in completing their research work successfully.
There is a well constructed auditorium with seating capacity of 2500 people. There are three AC seminar halls and activity centre. There is also an attached cafeteria with 100 seating capacity. Along with this, six seminar halls, six training rooms and one exam center is included in this vast auditorium.
Other facilities includes wifi enabled campus with 265 mbps speed internet, hi-tech gymnasium, an open air ampitheatre etc.