The Government College of Engineering and Technology was established in 1994. The institution is affiliated to the University of Jammu and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It offers various undergraduate level courses in engineering such as a Civil, Mechanica, Compute, Electrical, etc. Admission is based on entrance tests conducted by the state. Placement opportunities in this college are pretty decent, with companies like Hindustan Construction Co., Tata TeleServices, Tata Consultancy Services, Power Grid, and many more.
GCET Jammu Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1994 | Government|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliation||University of Jammu|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Entrance Test||Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET)|
|Facilities||Boys’ Hostel, Sports and Recreation, Library, Committees, Placement Cell, Laboratories|
|Campus Area||104 acres|
GCET Jammu Courses
Government College of Engineering and Technology offers undergraduate courses in Engineering. A detailed analysis has been given in the table below.
|BE||Specialization: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: At least 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 with English, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects from J&K Board of School Education or its equivalent. A relaxation of 10% is given to the students belonging to the SC/ St categories
Read more GCET Jammu Courses
GCET Jammu Admission
The admission process in Government College of Engineering and Technology is solely conducted online. The candidates are to sit for the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET). Students who wish to apply for their preferred course at Government College of Engineering and Technology should follow the steps given below:-:
- The candidate needs to visit the official website of Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations.
- The aspirant needs to register themselves for the examination and sign in to fill up the form
- Once logged in, the student needs to fill in the relevant details with accuracy
- The candidate needs to submit the required documents along with the form
- An application fee of INR 1200 also needs to be submitted online
- Once submitted, the candidate needs to download the admit card from the given portal on the specified date
- It is advised to print the application form out for future reference
- The entrance examination is conducted offline
- Following the results of the JKCET, the student needs to appear for counseling on specific dates with the required documents
The following documents are required in order to take admission in Government College of Engineering and Technology:
- The admit card of CET issued by J&K BOPEE
- Class XII mark sheet
- Proof of date of birth
- Provisional Qualification Certificate of 10+2
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Character and Discharge Certificate from the institution last attended
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- State Subject Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Ten passport size photographs
Click here GCET Jammu Admission
GCET Jammu Placements
The training and placements cell of Government College of Engineering and Technology Jammu focuses on providing employment opportunities as well as professional training to the students. At the end of the 6th semester, training is provided to the students for 4 weeks. Various reputed organizations such as HCL, BSNL, and RLL Jammu train the students personally.
College successfully placed approximately 110 students in several reputed companies such as Satyam Computers Hyderabad, Punj Lloyd Delhi, Moberg Systems Chandigarh, Simplex Infrastructures, and ZTE Bangalore.
Read more GCET Jammu Placements
GCET Jammu Scholarships
Government College of Engineering and Technology acts as a medium to update the students on scholarship opportunities hosted by the government for those who belong to SC/ ST categories. Even though there are no specific scholarship programs offered by the institute, there is a tuition waiver fee for the students who belong to the financially weaker sections of the society.
Know more GCET Jammu Scholarships
GCET Jammu Facilities
The Government College of Engineering and Technology offers a number of facilities to its students. They have been listed as follows:
- Laboratories: The college has separate labs in every department to assist the students with their requirements. The Computer Engineering department has 7 laboratories, while the rest have one laboratory each.
- Library: The institution has a library stacked with reference books, journals, as well as magazines
- Sports: College offers facilities for sports and recreation. There is a separate sports committee that looks after the activities and makes necessary arrangements for the same.
- Committees: The institute has a number of committees that help the students in various aspects. Some of them are the Maintenance Committee, Anti Ragging Committee, Grievance Cell, and Discipline Committee.
- Hostel: The college has a hostel for boys with a capacity of 200.
GCET Jammu Faculty
The faculty of the Government College of Engineering and Technology is composed of 53 members, of whom there are 5 professors who are the heads of their respective departments. There are 34 assistant professors and 19 associate professors. 7 members of the faculty have acquired Ph.D. degrees. The entire team works towards leading the students to a better future by imparting exceptional values and relevant understanding of and beyond the prescribed topics.
Check GCET Jammu Faculty
GCET Jammu FAQs
Ques. Does college provide hostel facilities?
Ques. Can I do my M Tech from college?
Ques. Can I get lateral entry to this college?
Ques. How do I know if I am eligible for admission to the college?
Ques. What are the placement opportunities like in this college?