The University of Jammu was established in 1969 by an Act of the State Legislature which effectively split the Jammu and Kashmir University into the separate Universities of Jammu and Kashmir. Jammu University is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited with ‘Grade A’ by NAAC.
The university grants degrees holds examinations as well as confers diverse academic distinctions on the person through the Full-Time Courses provided by the university. The courses are provided with the help of 11 Departments.
Jammu University Courses Offered
Jammu University offers both UG and PG Programmes to the students. It is the first-ever university in India to receive the ISO-9001 certification for all its courses. The university also offers Doctoral Programs.
Check Jammu University Fees Structure
Jammu University Admission
The university provides 8 UG courses and 8 PG programs. It also offers M.Phil. And doctorate Programmes in various specializations.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for B.A, B.Sc., BBA, B.Com, B.Lib, B.P.Ed and BCA courses is a pass in 10+2 standard with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST) in aggregate.
- LL.B. program requires a Bachelor’s degree with at least 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST).
- Candidate applying for two-year M.A, M.Sc., M.P.Ed, M.Com, MBM, M.Ed., MCA and LL.M programs should have passed Graduation with 45% marks.
- The admission to all the programs will be based on the JUET.
- Admission to MBA course is based on CAT/ MAT or CMAT score.
- The candidates with a relevant Master’s degree in any discipline or M.Phil. The degree is eligible to apply for the Ph.D. program.
- The candidates applying for M.Phil. or Ph.D. programs will have to appear in the respective departmental test.
Also, Check Jammu University Admission
Jammu University Entrance Test
Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET) is a qualifying entrance exam for admission to Post Graduate Degree (PG), PG Diploma and Under Graduate Programs offered by Jammu University, Jammu. Jammu University conducts JUET entrance test annually. Candidates can download the JUET Application Form from the official website of the university.
Click here Jammu University Cutoff
Jammu University Research
- Emerging India and The World (2005)
- The Peacock and the Dragon: India - China Relations in the 21st Century (2000)
- Northwest Himalayan Successions along Jammu-Srinagar Transect (Field Guide), An Indian Association of Sedimentologists Publication by Dr. S.K Pandita
- Abstract Volume, XVI-Convention of Indian Association of Sedimentologists (An International Meeting), (Editor) by Dr. S.K Pandita.
- Punjab the Crucial Decade, M/s Nirmal Publishers Distributors, New Delhi, 1987 by Dr. S.C Sharma.
- Revenue Free Land Grants in Mughal India, Awadh Region in the 17th and 18th Centuries (1658-1765), Manohar Publishers, Delhi, 2002
Jammu University Extra-curricular Activities
- The NSS (National Service Scheme) organization of Jammu University is organizing special camps, inter-college & National Integration camps to make youth to interact with each other and to transfer skills
- Display your Talent
Jammu University Facilities
- The Library has a collection of nearly 3.5 lakh volumes
- 250 current periodicals with back numbers
- Hardware: UNIX based multi-terminal Dec-alpha Mini-system. Pentium, PI, PII, PIII, PIV, Scanner, Printer DMP & Laser, On-line UPS, AC(Windows), CVT
- Software: Digital Unix, Fortran Compiler, C/C++ Compiler, Pascal, Math Lib. Windows Operating Systems, Utilities, Visual basic, Antivirus software, software packages RDBMS/DBMS, etc.
Jammu University Festivals
- SAUFEST (South Asian Universities Youth Festival) from February 12-16, 2006
- North Zone Inter-Universities Youth Festival
Jammu University Scholarship
- OC & MIL Scholarships
- Post-Graduate Scholarship
- Scholarships in the LL.B. Course
- Merit and Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships in Diploma Courses
- Regulation for Utilization of Contingency Grant Admissible to the Scholars Working Under the Scheme Of University Research Scholarship.